Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

What kind of friends do u avoid?

Jaabir   

We all avoid negative association with freinds whom we think are bad. those who u don’t think u’d ever get along with due to some bad qualities they have,,, so my question is what are the characteristics that makes you avoid someone to a point you don’t want to talk to her/him!! We are talking attitudes rather than particular people….

So is it

The arrogant

or

The hypocrite

or

The selfish

or

The judgmental

Or,, or,,, or,,,

Myself.. I don’t find myself socializing much with :-

The Arrogant, who talk about how smart, rich, cute or whatever they are.. and keep bragging about their achievements..

Judgmental, who is quick to accuse you of being someone you are not..

And those who are detached from deenta.. who just don’t give a shit..

So how about you.. what kind of freinds you rather not mingle with?

Changed   

u two stop writing to each other, go talk to one another i bet y'll are sitting by one another laziessss icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

man i geta get out and get cracking ..goood luck with finals ;)

Pebbles   

Darman I would definitely avoid a friend like you! icon_razz.gif And I would most likely be friends with socrates....look how sweet he sounds and considered he is

Darman, As your freind i am sure i ain't one of those who you described, neither are you! so, get back to your studies and stop posting crap on the net!

awwwwwwwww

your response!

and who said you are my friend??!!

:mad:

dulf foqal dulf

it really cracked me up!

Iffah   

Originally posted by Darman:

The arrogant

or

The hypocrite

or

The selfish

or

The judgmental

All of the above :rolleyes:

Rahima   

I got this by e-mail today and just thought i'd share it with you all since it is relevant.

Are Your Friends Worth it?

Does your friend fit these traits of a sincere, loving, and true friend?

Does he help you become a better and productive person? It’s a mistaken belief that a ‘good friend likes you for what you are’. A sincere friend inspires you, either with words or actions, to improve your personality and situation.

In a beautiful analogy, the Prophet likened the company of a sincere friend to visiting a perfume seller. Every time you visit the perfume seller, you benefit from his shop: You get some perfume as a present, or you buy some from him or, at the least, you obtain a beautiful fragrance from his company. [bukhari & Muslim]

Is she like a mirror to you? The Prophet stated, “The believer is like a mirror to other believers (in truthfulness).” [Abu Daud]. Like a mirror, your friend gives you an honest image. She forgives your mistakes, but does not hide or exaggerate your strengths and weaknesses.

Do his manners and lifestyle remind you of Allah? Once the Prophet was asked, “What person can be the best friend?” “He who helps you remember Allah, and reminds you when you forget Him,” he counselled.

The Prophet was further asked, “Who is the best among people?” He replied, “He who, when you look at him, you remember God”. Such a friend reflects qualities of love, mercy, honesty, service, patience, optimism, professionalism, and the entire lifestyle taught by Islam.

Does he love you solely for the sake of Allah? The bonds we form at work, school and in the neighbourhood may whither over time if they are not built for the right reason. Friendship based on Islamic principles is sincere and everlasting, since it is strengthened by a higher purpose and fervent faith.

Do you feel comfortable and secure in her presence? If your friend’s company makes you feel guilty about the things you do and thoughts you share, you must question the benefit of this relationship. Consider the wise saying: “Being alone is better than having an evil companion and having a sincere companion is better than being alone.”

If your friend does not like you for the beauty of your character, intelligence, morality, and sincerity, you deserve better!

Jaabir   

Thank you rahima for sharing that informative piece.. indeed a good friend is a mirror to his friend, if we only implement our islamic principles towards our social matters everyone of us will live a happy life..

Peppeles

He is a big time Duluf once u get to know em ;)

pearl   

one of my co-worker was talking the types of friends one has.... it made lots of sense to me so i though why not share it with u all..

there are 2 types of friends:

1. friendship feeds on emotion

2. friendship feeds on activity

when friendship feeds on emotion u'll have a friend who is all the good qualifies u look for in a friend...such as honestly and trust. u can gang around this person without really having to say much and end up leaving like u have had the best conversation. this friend is always is there for u, looks out for ur best interest, helps u better urself.

where as when friendship feeds on activity u'll have a friend who wants always to do something with u, go somewhere with u, always on ur case why u cant make it to all the gatherings such as parties, weddings, movies.....just pure entertainment...they dont understand that u might be working, going to school..or busy with life in general... this group is known to have all the bad qualities u look for in a friend. never get too personal with this friend unless u want the rest of th world knowing ur business... worst is when a family member fits into this qroup cuz no mattter what u do...u cant really cut this person off....the best way to cut off this friend without telling them ur true intentions is to get real busy with life...and soon enough they will grow tired of u always cancelling on them

i hate the ignorant ones!! like u know who!!!lol..

yo, seriously, i got no time for hate business! so i love yall~~ its free just love babe!

another goomba thread!! remember a good moslem thinks +ve always! plz!! :confused: