Sign in to follow this  
Changed

talk about pressure!

Changed   

The day i applied for college i did not know what i wanted to major in so i decided to put down what my mom wanted me to be ofcourse that would be BIOLOGY :cool: cuz i had to be a doctor someday :rolleyes: ...well that is what put the pressure on me ...i could not back out since she had set on her head ....i told her i wanted to switch political science , then i said nah busniss would be fine and then i said i wanted to major in chemistry, then i said i wanted to major in international relations.. well i major hopped !..since i was indecisive she made the decision for me and said i had to be a doctor i was cool with it for well a month and then i changed to nursing :eek: ...

To make a long story short ..i finally decided and here it goes ...

since i love politics i should major in political science :D and since am good in biology and to make my mom happy to i will minor in biology smile.gif ..

so tell me how many times did y'll switch majors...and dont worry all that major hopping accured only in one year(my freshman year) ...which mean i did not waste time or money .... i was still taking my GEN-ED'S icon_razz.gif

talk about one 1st year :(

....i told her i wanted to switch political science , then i said nah busniss would be fine and then i said i wanted to major in chemistry, then i said i wanted to major in international relations.. well i major hopped !..since i was indecisive she made the decision for me and said i had to be a doctor i was cool with it for well a month and then i changed to nursing ...

OMG, when I read your post, I thought I had mistakenly posted under your name..cuz that sounds like me you are describing!!

But you know what, major hopping is alright as long as when you are almost done with your sophomore, you should know what you want to do!!

I think I changed my major..oh about..5 times! first it was com-sci, then it was criminal justice, then it was business finance, then it was a co-major with pol-sci with a focus on international relations, then a minor in pol-sci, then its back to criminal justice as a major with a minor is business finance!!.... but now its time for me to fill out that little paper that says declaration of major...so I am pretty sure what I want to do. It ain't the average route...but I think its interesting!

I would advise you to be satisfied with your choices...because most of us arent born with that PASSION to be a doctor or a lawyer, na'mean! Oh and if money is IMPORTANT to you..then make sure your career of choice PAYS ...!

Good luck sistah! ;)

ARMZ   

Mizz Unique walaahi i tought i was the only person who was in that shoe, sence i finish skool my mind can,t deside what career 2 focus, deep down my mind i want to be involve with Sport maybe be a PE Teacher and there is part of me saying where would that get u if u go back 2 somalia, am currently Studying BTECH IT

Changed   

opinionated am so glad i am not the only one in this boat of so called major hobbing icon_razz.gif ......

ur advice is taken sister and thank for ur input......And did i say its all about the money and dinero but then u gota love what u do which is why am doing P.S and biology is what Am really good at and since i had to have had a minor why not Minor in it smile.gif

wish ya all the best too :D

Changed   

armiz .........lol......we both send out post the same time :eek: ...is that weird or not ..Do what u love walaalo .....walaahi that is what will make u happy..... last year i had no drive to study cuz i was not doing what i wanted ...now that am doing what i love am actually studying after every lecture ...last year u usually used to study three days before the test :rolleyes:

ARMZ   

Mizz Unique walaahi i tought i was the only person who was in that shoe, sence i finish skool my mind can,t deside what career 2 focus, deep down my mind i want to be involve with Sport maybe be a PE Teacher and there is part of me saying where would that get u if u go back 2 somalia, am currently Studying BTECH IT but deep down i am not happy i know is the wrong move, but am still doing my dream being a PE Teacher in evening Courses, and also carrying on my IT.

so brothers and sister my advice would be is never 2 late what u wanna be life. life is like tree with many branches there is many ways u can clime and get 2 u r destination.

Changed   

lol silent...........

u are lucky should kiss ur lucky stars icon_razz.gif

why do all most all somalis go for

law school, medical school, computer (recently) and busniss :confused: