Sign in to follow this  
Surxun

Ladies what turns you off in man?

Hibo   

A guy who has a bad teeth (crooked ones + dirty yellow) na'mean ...oh my lord i can't stand that :rolleyes:

salaam ;)

Damn.........I can´t stand bad breath too and dry lips,u know faruuraha qalaley o qobka kaqacay damn.... :mad: whats vaselin made for.....

PS I have a feeling that the guys feel left out so... guys, feel free to add what turns u off in women :D

Hi all

where's the appreciation!!!

Dress:

Somali men, before the collapse, were the best dressed black men on the face of the earth.. with Italian style and all. We still dress fine, though some of us specially the teenagers are into thug-style, which is naturally very odd./Dress shirt with jogging pants; thats out of this world..damn!!!

The Bad Breath(Halatosis):

Dont take the blame on men only, 'cuz we eat what you cook for us mostly rock-solid food which is very hard to digest. Rotten food(in the stomach) will always give bad breath no matter how many tubes of colgate you clean your mouth with.So feed us well, more digestive food like soups etc..

Anways, thanks for the criticism, we'll work on our weak points.

Whats turns me off in a Somali woman/girl?? is another topic.

peace

Muslimah   

Bismillah

What turns me off? hmmm..... what a deep and profound question. ;)

This is the deep and profound answer:

A brother who is lost turns me off. And what do I mean by lost? A brother who has the name of a muslim but doesn't act like it. I want a mu'min not some wannabe fronting like he from shytown when he's really from laascanood...no disrespect to my nomads from that area by the way. My point is: Aint no point in fronting. Who respects wannabes? We are who we are.

Here's the wading-pool-shallow answer:

Good posture is key. I cant stand a man who slouches. I even get on my bro's case about that. My bro is really tall. And the taller they are, the more they slouch. Short guys dont slouch but I prefer tall men. Interestin connundrum.

Rahima   

In the appearance department its quiet short:

- Ghastly breathe of course and BO. icon_razz.gif

- Appalling dress sense, especially white socks with dark clothing, OH MY GOD :eek: . I'm not saying dress in the latest fashion, but rather dress appropriate, appealing and most importantly colour coordinated.

I could probably write a thesis in regards to turn offs with character, but three are of utmost importance and hence will mention in the hope my brothers will learn:

- A man with no dreams might as well be dead in my books. Dreams to make a better living for himself, to make the world a better place and most importantly strive to reach that dream.

- A man with no deen, who doesn’t know his creator and does not endeavour to know Him.

- A man that disrespects women. I don't care if she is a dressed improperly, or behaves in a shameful manner or is even a prostitute. A man should never use foul language against a woman, or anybody for that matter.

Hibo   

What Turns Me off in a Woman, hmmmm let's see:

I'ma keep it simple, Ladies Pls, i don't care how good you look, smell, smile, twirk, and etc.. but pls you gotta take care of your underarms. ewww, yo that shit is mad nasty man, that kills it for me. I saw some females looked like they had "Don King" in a headlock, fa sho', it ain't sexy, that's all i'ma say about that.

Holla~

HONEY-D   

HEY GUYS U TOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH. WELL SAID. ;)

SOMALI-MAN LOL U CRACKED ME UP. I GUESS NO MORE CANBUULO, SOOR OR EVEN CALOOLEY 4DAT MATTER. OFF COURSE IT WONT B EASY AND THE PROCESS MAY TAKE LONGER BUT HOPEFULLY AT DE END U'LL BE EVERY GALS SWEET-HEART. NOTE THIS EXPERIMENT HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED B4.

:D:D

Nomand Ladies out there in the world I luv u to death. But, same of you that posted here

your names should be Jennifer or Vanessa, cuz same of you got this high-maintenance thing to the roof. Talk about westernized to the Max, some of you are not even givin’ a chance of Da qualities Dat our mothers looked 4 in a man. Talking about how the guys walk and their socks.

Muslimah>> you covered the basics with such a class I am proud of you sis, enough respect.

Rahiima_as-Somaali>>> I was with you until u started talking about the

white socks, Dat is when u lost me.....lol..

And the Q? about turn off in Nomad sisters....u sure we have time 4 dat?..lool

Nomad ladies don’t jump all ova me Dat is just my opinion…J)

Proud

Rahima   

Proud_Nomad_Fella, maybe it’s just a problem our brothers in Australia have. smile.gif

I realize it’s probably trivial to some people, however I don’t view any issue the prophet s.a.w has ever mentioned to be trivial.

A Muslim I believe should always be well presented. Like I said it’s not the fashion issue but rather how you present yourself to the people. The blessed prophet s.a.w said, “None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself”. With that been the case, I would never want that for myself and for that reason would never want it for any of my brothers.

The white socks issue with black pants is just one example, I just don’t like it. No crime in that is there? :D

To want our brothers to look decent and pleasant is not been westernised as you suggested but rather part of Islam. Read the following, it is an excerpt from a book titled “The Ideal Muslim” (which I recommend to every nomad here):

The true Muslim takes good care of his clothes, so you will see him presenting a pleasant appearance, without being extravagant. He is pleasant to look at and to meet, and does not annoy people with his careless, dishevelled appearance. He always checks himself before he goes out to meet people, and he makes himself look good, in moderation, for the Prophet (S.A.W) used to make himself look good in front of his Companions, as well as in front of his family.

Al-Qur'ethubi said: "Makhul reported from 'A'ishah: 'A group of the Companions of the Prophet (S.A.W) was waiting at the door for him, so he prepared to go out to meet them. There was a vessel of water in the house, and he peered into it, smoothing his beard and his hair. ('A'ishah said:) I asked him, "O Messenger of Allah, even you do this?" He said: "Yes, when a man goes out to meet his brothers, let him prepare himself properly, for Allah (S.W.T) is beautiful and loves beauty.'"

He regarded dressing well and looking good as a demonstration of the blessings of Allah (S.W.T): "Allah (S.W.T) loves to see the signs of His gifts on His slave."

Muslim reports from Ibn Mas'ud (R.A.A) that the Prophet (S.A.W) said: "No one who has even an atom's-weight of pride in his heart will enter Paradise." A man asked him, "What if he likes his clothes and shoes to look good?" (Meaning, is this counted as pride?) The Prophet (S.A.W) said: "Allah (S.W.T) is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means denying the truth and looking down on other people."

BTW, Welcome aboard :D

Asalama Aleikum PPL

loooooooooooool funny walaahi.....U R killin them.....

Anyways what turns me off is ignorance. A man who claims to know everything....makes me sick..... U know sophistication is not sold in the market.....U know a brotha got class by the vibe he gives ya & ofcourse cheap Pick up lines.......Urghhh I can't stand those.

Really what turns me off is the fact that they stample over words (walahi) cause they all get nervous of me.... I AM NOT A QUEEN so take it easy!!!!

A real man should stand up to me and show me how to talk for real...and stop sweating even though rejection is on da list.

Curly   

If they're shorter than me, have broken english and are badly dressed...oh an too old

they definately don't get any attention from me :D