Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

The Women Thread

Ok, Pet Peeve time:

Why is it that all the threads in the women section is about love/relationship/marriage? Why aren't there serious topics relating to women's issue posted other than love (which could be discussed in the general area as it does not pertain to women alone)?

Does anyone else have a problem with this or is it just me?

**feedback please, postive or negative**

x_quizit   

Good point sis, seems this thread is reinforcing stereotypes about women, such as that we're all just into gossip, talking about love/romance/marriage...that our heads are filled with nothing but air.

we seem to come out by the topics posted that we're not worthy of topics that have deeper meanings, everyday struggles for women, nothing posted for a while taps into a woman's intellect. instead it seems like we're back to 3rd grade, discussing what to do with a crush, what lipstick to wear, what clothes are cool...etc....all that can be posted in new thread, let's call it miscellaneous...where every gender can put their trivial thoughts on and get them answered...

Also, i thought that since its women's thread, maybe it can be reserved just for women to post their thoughts, ideas, fears, aspirations...kinda like a sistas club, without testosterone adding its 2cents...just a thought...and why isnt there a man's thread...maybe then we can go in and post stuff such as why are men dogs, just to see how it feels to have narrow minded posts on theirs...im sure they'll say there's more to men than that...im inclined to agree...just making a point...

peace

Khayr   

since its women's thread, maybe it can be reserved just for women to post their thoughts, ideas, fears, aspirations...kinda like a sistas club, without testosterone adding its 2cents...just a thought...and why isnt there a man's thread...maybe then we can go in and post stuff such as why are men dogs,

bY x-quizit

Double STANDARDS???

You are very SEXIST!!!

x_quizit   

Khayr, as usual....u enjoy putting things outa context, i wish ur mind wasn't as narrow as a jews' nose....bravo!....that comment about men being dogs, if u had an ounce of intelligence,and read what came after it b4 u cleverly highlighted what was under ur agenda, ud realize it was to make a point that went over ur head...sad for u bro...

U called me sexist? now, that hilarious....there's nothing sexist about introducing an idea that this thread should be reserved just for the ladies, after all, its called women's thread if that slipped u, not to much of a shock...its ok, i forgive u...ur fasting and all, lack of oxygen lead u to jump to conclusions...oh wait...ur always like that....oh well...not all sexist men can be saved, yes i said sexist....we all know ur views bro...no need to air them...im fasting..

peace

...its ok, i forgive u...ur fasting and all, lack of oxygen lead u to jump to conclusions...oh wait...ur always like that....oh well...not all sexist men can be saved, yes i said sexist....we all know ur views bro...no need to air them...im fasting

Laughing MY A$$ Off ......walaahi this literally cracked me up.......LOW BLOW...

back to the topic.....i agree, but hey some of us women like to talk about stuff like that..i gues the only solution would be to accept it :rolleyes: just remember there is always some truth to stereotypes. ... :(

well, maybe cheesy love/relationship things are what ppl in this thread like to talk about or maybe not. Ethier way, no one is hindering women from having a serious female-related debates in here. Perhaps you could take da lead and start a topic worthy talking about.

Later nomads

Xafsa   

Alot of intellectually drained people are here! I've done my share of trash topics...but thats just what they are trash.

As if the world isn't full of sh!t as it is..we gotta add to our trash piles with such topics.

u folks know that they have made a pill for pms..

like u can have one every 5 year! yes!!! i am gonna be carrying a jawaan of that and give it to all u xalimos!! lives is gonna be good!! :cool:

Op...

Yeah...all the love/marriage topics have been getting on my nerves too, but I guess ppl are interested in discussing them.

As for serious topics....what hav you got in mind?

I apologise in advance for intruding in your luscious little corner sis. Since you are opinionated let me give you some opinion to perhaps take the lead roll and post some wise thoughts!. :D