Sign in to follow this  
Mavericksky

A true African Legend: Nelson Mandela

Salaams,

Often times we forget to celebrate those true legends that are still alive, and instead we like to dwell on the worst examples/models.

For all those that despair about the state of our beloved Somalia and indeed about our blessed continent Mother Africa, I suggest to you to read: LONG WALK TO FREEDOM and to really get to know the character of a true african/human icon namely NELSON Rolihlahla MADELA.

I bring you all glad tidings that the continent that has produced the likes of this man is by no means hopeless or God-for saken. But, it indeed is over flowing with magnificient potential.

Wa salaam

Heard so many good things about this book - will definitely have to read it soon.

Originally posted by rudy-Diiriye:

See the movie, freeman should win an oscar for it.

morgan freeman was great. btw, I heard Nelson Mandela hand-picked him for the role in Invictus...he only wanted freeman to play him, no one else.

Reading 'Long Walk to Freedom' is a pure joy. (admitedly the book is heafty 700+ pages) but after one finishes reading this biography one is left in total reverance for the spirit, dignity and sheer moral strength of this exemplary man.

Prior to reading this biography i knew of him as much as the next man (i.e; very little - except the prison) however, since finishing this book I researched more into him and into apartheid South Africa and so subsquently I am now filled with immense pride and optimism for future of such a continent that gave birth to this man.