Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Wedding Dresses

Pucca   

Originally posted by Taliban:

quote:Originally posted by Magool:

Which would you choose and why?

I am not sure if men can answer the question, but I would choose neither the traditional nor the Western. Instead, I would choose the Islamic wedding which entails a simple wedding with a fantastic qado (preferably at a mosque), one that includes reading the Qur'an and making dua', one that excludes music, dancing or partying, one that complies with the teachings of Islam. I am sure there are many sisters who wouldn't mind a husband who insists on an Islamic wedding.
Music is allowed and so is dancing, making a wedding seem like a funeral isnt part of the teachings. So as far as having an islamic wedding goes, a little music, dancing and some pretty clothes is totally 'halaal'. As for having a wedding at the mosque, cool idea but aint nothing wrong with having it in a hall (doesnt make the wedding any less 'halaal'). Most weddings start with a quran and duah reading...

Back to the white dress...it looks great but i dont see whats hot bout lookin like every other bride in this world. Something different...design a guntino in away that it'll be wedding dress worthy. Anything ...just not that white dress.

true Buuxo, that layered dress does make you look fat. Hot dress though...

~peacerz

Buuxo   

ok hunguri i understand. but what do you want me to pay you for ???

pucca , the layered dress will be good on those tall,slender gals like you.

Rahima   

^ I was going to assist you with my great wisdom but since you've added me to your shame list, i'll just have to keep it to myself :rolleyes: .

Shakti   

Taliban its very harm of you, u not suppose to like anything in this temporary world

also, u should not be stair@ picture.. look away nowwww

Taliban   

Originally posted by Shakti:

Taliban its very harm of you, u not suppose to like anything in this temporary world

also, u should not be stair@ picture.. look away nowwww

You got a mixup. Liking and loving are two different concepts. And you're wrong about starring at it; the Deen encourages to develop an aesthetics for what's Islamic or what's based on the teachings of Islam. On the other hand, the Deen discourages to develop an aesthetics for what isn't Islamic or what isn't based on the teachings of Islam, such as semi-nude Western or secular fashion.

Aaliyyah   

I wouldn't know why any one would wear Guntino or dirac on their wedding day, bt den again everyone has their preference. I would wear a white dress no question about that ..

crystal the wedding dresses u posted above are a bit too revealing. I would suggest a white dress w/ long sleeve, a headpiece, and a viel. Now what is soo unislamic abt that? smile.gif

wa salaam

p.s. Taliban lol u ask too much who would wear that above dress on their wedding . icon_razz.gif