Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:Originally posted by Janna:

quote:

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

quote:

Originally posted by Janna:

quote:

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

I wouldn't know why any one would wear Guntino or dirac on their wedding day, bt den again everyone has their preference. I would wear a white dress no question about that ..

I am saddened by reading the above comment. I wonder how many other Somali girls feel the same way? How can a Western wedding dress be compared to our traditional beauteous Guntino's or Dirac? Some of the pictures from MaggieSottero were breathtaking however why choose something else over your own culture? Some Somali girls nowadays need a slap on the face and a stratch.
:D
Abaayadiis, you really need to tell me your address or P.O.Box so that I can send you a big check for your great remarks to our culture!

Waxaa tahay gabadhii ugu horeysay oo aan SOL ku arko oo difaaceysa dhaqanka Soomaalida! Masha-Allah!

I have to reward you, indeed!
Not many 20 year olds like myself have the will to appreciate our dhaqan. Alle-ubaahne is the very man whose comments I have read and have utterly disgusted me yet has the nerve to praise me.
OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Jacaylbaro,

Do mind your own business. Otherwise soon you might be caught in this war of words between me and Alle-ubaahne. Best you remain quiet and watch me destroy Alle-ubaahne. :D

Janna   

HAHAHAHA ,,, You already destroyed him badly ,,,,, now, lemme laugh so hard
:D:D

;)

quote:Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

;)

Abaayadiis, don't force me to take my genuine comments back from you! I am basically saying how you valued our culture has drawn many of us to applaud for you. You said that out of sincerity, I know that for sure, but your resistance to Alle-ubaahne's big checks is futile.

You really need to hide your age, abaayo, because I thought you were over 30's, and now I have say you are too young to carry the big check I intended you to obtain.

I am thinking about who wrote those statements besides you..........it can't happen a girl of your age could do such an amazing thing for her culture, given the mindset of 20-year-old girls towards cilaan, latest DJ Dirac, and heblaayo's Gold such and such!

Finally, you are using qof kale caqligiis, definately not you, because the words that you had allegedly used were above and beyond your little self!

Janna   

quote:Originally posted by Janna:

quote:

;)

Abaayadiis, don't force me to take my genuine comments back from you! I am basically saying how you valued our culture has drawn many of us to applaud for you. You said that out of sincerity, I know that for sure, but your resistance to Alle-ubaahne's big checks is futile.

You really need to hide your age, abaayo, because I thought you were over 30's, and now I have say you are too young to carry the big check I intended you to obtain.

I am thinking about who wrote those statements besides you..........it can't happen a girl of your age could do such an amazing thing for her culture, given the mindset of 20-year-old girls towards cilaan, latest DJ Dirac, and heblaayo's Gold such and such!

Finally, you are using qof kale caqligiis, definately not you, because the words that you had allegedly used were above and beyond your little self!
Sue me for being intellectually above my age. I might only be only 20 but I can assure you that my intelligence is above your 35 year old mind. For your information, intelligence is not related to age. A man who carries the name "Alle-ubaahne” should know Allah bestows wisdom whom he chooses.

^You are smart, of course, am not denying it, but the problem arises on how you use your smartness! What is unsmart about you is that you declined the reward from Alle-ubaahne, the humble guy in SOL who promotes not only our somali culture, but also proslatysis those people deviant people, like Adeer Ngonge and Eedo Cara.

You really need to die, walaashiis, because smart people don't last longer in this world, at least in our society!

By the way, how come smart girls always end up dump guys, and the same happens in smart boys? Aren't you afraid of that if you continue being smart?

Janna   

^You are smart, of course.

You really need to die, walaashiis, because smart people don't last longer in this world, at least in our society!

Admitting I am smart must be publicly humiliating for you, Alle-ubaahne. A man of faith wishing another Muslim death upon them? May the curseless curse strike you, strike you down hard. Smart people are the true survivors and you are the weakest link, time to retire from Somaliaonline.

Aaliyyah   

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't know why any one would wear Guntino or dirac on their wedding day, bt den again everyone has their preference. I would wear a white dress no question about that ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am saddened by reading the above comment. I wonder how many other Somali girls feel the same way? How can a Western wedding dress be compared to our traditional beauteous Guntino's or Dirac? Some of the pictures from MaggieSottero were breathtaking however why choose something else over your own culture? Some Somali girls nowadays need a slap on the face and a stratch.

Jenna I am sure it is up to everyone how they are going to dress in their wedding day. But, I am yet to see any one who wears dirac/guntino to their wedding, it is just odd I would have to say.But, den again I am not here to offend you, just have to say it is outdated. I would only understand if some one wears dirac to their meher, like u have seperate meher for the guys/girls, in that case u can wear dirac/guntino. But, not in the wedding. Girl get yrself a wedding dress. icon_razz.gif

wa salaaam

Janna   

quote:

quote:

Jenna I am sure it is up to everyone how they are going to dress in their wedding day. But, I am yet to see any one who wears dirac/guntino to their wedding, it is just odd I would have to say.But, den again I am not here to offend you, just have to say it is outdated. I would only understand if some one wears dirac to their meher, like u have seperate meher for the guys/girls, in that case u can wear dirac/guntino. But, not in the wedding. Girl get yrself a wedding dress.
icon_razz.gif

wa salaaam
Aaliyah,

So our dhaqan is outdated and the white gown isn't? I thought Alle-ubaahne was bad but your comments have made him look like Albert Einstein. :D Aaliyah what is heartbreaking is attending a wedding, the girl is FOB, wearing a white gown. I only attended her wedding because I desperately wanted the perfect traditional Somali wedding. I left the wedding without even greeting her. She was a disappointment wallahi. Aaliyah good luck on deciding a white gown. I personally would advice you to wear the same gown as Princess Mary if any. icon_razz.gif

Vally,Hertfordshire aah?Is that left of Wembley by any chance? :(

My wedding ideas change by the minute...I'm swayed and sumptious dresses/huge hotels/dazzling jewellry keep me to'ing and fro'ing.

But ALAS no my mind will stay with my original concept of hido iyo dhaqaan.I will pay attention to detail and make it a original and thought-out affair.My beauty regime will consist of timir&subag smoothed onto my skin the night prior,saliid macsaro in my heblaayo knots and all :D

Now who wants some caano geel and muqmad ala carte?

lol@ timir and subug. Can I say ewww. That sounds very messy.

DD - I actually like the second one. You can't find dresses like that here, I guess you have to order it from Muslim countries. A white dress with matching headcover is lovely.

Gracias guys, she's still undecided, but I forwarded the thread to her.