Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Wedding Dresses

Blessed   

^U've got nerve to solicit for our responses. :rolleyes:

Okay, I’ll be nice to your friend at least.

Traditionally the bride wears the sadex qayd- the photo in your first post.

I always wanted a traditional wedding and I got that to the last detail. Errr. well almost. I wore ‘sadex qayd’ style dress. If you want to hear more with tips..go and wipe that silly smirk of ur face and remove my name from that list.....

Aaliyyah   

The typical somali wedding is often held in a hall. You would be overdressed in that gown amongst most guests who would wear dirac and such. Would you be comfortable in it?

Magool mix weddings are held in hotels.I wouldnt know abt seperate weddings, I guess those are held in halls. I dont know , bt lol I would feel uncomfortable having a wedding in a hall. :rolleyes:

wa salaam

Originally posted by Magool:

Val,

The typical somali wedding is often held in a hall. You would be overdressed in that gown amongst most guests who would wear dirac and such. Would you be comfortable in it?

Do you think I would have my nuptials in a common hall? It would be a themed wedding of no more than 50 close family and friends, held in a country hotel in Hertfordshire. :cool:

Rahima   

^Why are you always trying to annoy gabdhaha, behave yourself would you. Enough is enough :mad: .

Val,

50 guests? Is that possible with Somalis?

Janna   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

I wouldn't know why any one would wear Guntino or dirac on their wedding day, bt den again everyone has their preference. I would wear a white dress no question about that ..

I am saddened by reading the above comment. I wonder how many other Somali girls feel the same way? How can a Western wedding dress be compared to our traditional beauteous Guntino's or Dirac? Some of the pictures from MaggieSottero were breathtaking however why choose something else over your own culture? Some Somali girls nowadays need a slap on the face and a stratch. :D

Originally posted by Janna:

quote:Originally posted by AAliyah416:

I wouldn't know why any one would wear Guntino or dirac on their wedding day, bt den again everyone has their preference. I would wear a white dress no question about that ..

I am saddened by reading the above comment. I wonder how many other Somali girls feel the same way? How can a Western wedding dress be compared to our traditional beauteous Guntino's or Dirac? Some of the pictures from MaggieSottero were breathtaking however why choose something else over your own culture? Some Somali girls nowadays need a slap on the face and a stratch.
:D
Abaayadiis, you really need to tell me your address or P.O.Box so that I can send you a big check for your great remarks to our culture!

Waxaa tahay gabadhii ugu horeysay oo aan SOL ku arko oo difaaceysa dhaqanka Soomaalida! Masha-Allah!

I have to reward you, indeed!

^^Kaalay adiga wali gabar Hargeysa kaasoo xambaarta maa raadinoosaa??

Anakii la joognay halkan aa shiid ah, adi maxaa u maleysaa!! Areey kabaha yeeysan kaa dhamaan, mahaan walax ka dheefi meydide.

lol

Janna   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

quote:Originally posted by Janna:

quote:

I am saddened by reading the above comment. I wonder how many other Somali girls feel the same way? How can a Western wedding dress be compared to our traditional beauteous Guntino's or Dirac? Some of the pictures from MaggieSottero were breathtaking however why choose something else over your own culture? Some Somali girls nowadays need a slap on the face and a stratch.
Abaayadiis, you really need to tell me your address or P.O.Box so that I can send you a big check for your great remarks to our culture!

Waxaa tahay gabadhii ugu horeysay oo aan SOL ku arko oo difaaceysa dhaqanka Soomaalida! Masha-Allah!

Not many 20 year olds like myself have the will to appreciate our dhaqan. Alle-ubaahne is the very man whose comments I have read and have utterly disgusted me yet has the nerve to praise me.

Nephissa   

See, a friend of mine ended up with a $4000 dress she'll never wear again. I may be able to pull few strings and sell her dress to your friend with 25% discount. Deal or no deal?

janna and Allee hookup, thats like oj simpson episode replay! lool

tyjwania!! how much was your freaking dress!!

we could have probably feed 30 african villages 4 cost of that dress! gd all the way!! :eek:

quote:Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

quote:

quote:

Not many 20 year olds like myself have the will to appreciate our dhaqan. Alle-ubaahne is the very man whose comments I have read and have utterly disgusted me yet has the nerve to praise me.
OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!