Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Wedding Dresses

Taliban   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

p.s. Taliban lol u ask too much who would wear that above dress on their wedding .

I was hoping a sister like you would. Too bad. :(

Aaliyyah   

Taliban lol I would wear that above dress or similar dress any day but not on my wedding day icon_razz.gif . But den I never said I was gonna wear somthing unislamic , I already mentioned a wedding dress with a long sleeve and viel would suffice.

salaaam

Pi   

Taliban aka Haddad, don't you think it's too tight? By Taliban standards in Afghanistan, it would be illegal for a woman to wear that white dress outside. Too tempting, dude.

Two Taliban Women discussing their outfit.

Documents%20and%20SettingsfutureMy%20Doc

Pi   

^LOL. Actually, the computer belongs to another like you, hence the dullish name.

[ March 26, 2007, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Rahima ]

"Does my bum look big in this?" Shouldn't be

"Does my head look big in this?" more appropriate I think.

I love guntiino always had a thing for guntiino. Those of us that have less adipose tissue than the average somali lady have an appreciation for guntiino Perfect to show off our curves ;)

The white dress I have yet reached a decision.

Som@li   

CC, who says the traditonal weddings dressing are cheap, beleve they are more expensive than anything you been wishin/waiting for

I would choose the Islamic wedding which entails a simple wedding with a fantastic qado (preferably at a mosque), one that includes reading the Qur'an and making dua', one that excludes music, dancing or partying, one that complies with the teachings of Islam.

i agree with ya talib, dats how our weddings r anyways since i'm from religouse family especialy when da wedding is mixed, but if it's not mixed why not girls wear somthing pretty and showing too,girls can wear wat ever they want as long as no there are no guys around(accept her moxrams).dats my opinion anyway

N.O.R.F   

Magool, is there something your trying to tell us?

ps to all: Taliban stated the obvious and shouldnt be hanged for doing so,,,,,,,

Aaliyyah   

^^^Valenteenah lol three months u would starve yrself tats a bit too much I must say.

Amatilah there is nothing wrong with having a mix wedding , thats the whole point of having a wedding. I never understand seperate weddings, it is odd lol.

w/salaam

Pucca   

Originally posted by Magool:

^lol *rubs eyes and looks again* doesn't look slender to me.
:D

:rolleyes: if not slender...what would i be?

lol Northener, a friend of mine is getting married soon and was having difficulty deciding between traditional and modern dresses. No one still said whether there is a 'specific' somali dress for brides.

Trust me, if my wedding ever comes up, you guys would all know (because I would be opening an account and I would expect alot of cash as a gift) :D

Val,

The typical somali wedding is often held in a hall. You would be overdressed in that gown amongst most guests who would wear dirac and such. Would you be comfortable in it?