Traditonal Wedding

Somali3.gif

cultureman.jpg

bride.jpg

Vs.

Western Wedding

0514_Hassan_throne_LAUNCH.jpg

[ Couldn't find a bigger picture]

Which would you choose and why? So far, in the in the 5 Somali weddings I've attended in the past 5 years, only one girl had on traditional somali dress. The rest choose to wear the white wedding dress. I just find it odd to wear the white dress when all of your guests are wearing dirac. Anyone else feel that way?

I also wanted to know whether there was a somali wedding dress. I don't think I've ever seen it or heard of it. Some people wear white dirac or guntino but is there a specific 'dress' only for a bride?

Taliban   

Originally posted by Magool:

Which would you choose and why?

I am not sure if men can answer the question, but I would choose neither the traditional nor the Western. Instead, I would choose the Islamic wedding which entails a simple wedding with a fantastic qado (preferably at a mosque), one that includes reading the Qur'an and making dua', one that excludes music, dancing or partying, one that complies with the teachings of Islam. I am sure there are many sisters who wouldn't mind a husband who insists on an Islamic wedding.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

quote: I am not sure if men can answer the question

Then you should stayed out of this. Gabdhaha sheekada xaad uga qasay.
Well, the question isn't clear, plus the topic contains a picture of a man. If the poster had clearly stated the question is only for women, then I would stay out.

Fanisha   

^^ Waxaan umalaynayaa iney adiga diintu ku jiidhay :D

I would pick the traditional wedding dress at any day . I think It's prettier.

Hunguri   

Originally posted by Fanisha:

^^ Waxaan umalaynayaa iney adiga diintu ku jiidhay

Diinku Wax ma Jiidho. Its a light, and straight path. :D . Sheekhu Jaranjaro ayuu kasoo dhacay smile.gif . However, If I was the Odaygii aroosanayay. I would not have chosen the dress of the man. Coz, the Spear shows a man at a battle feild not the wedding day :D . Aroosada iyo hooyadeed ayaaba iga carari lahaa. Waamaxay dad qalkan inanta Waranka la ag taagan :D

Buuxo   

hunguri, i actually think the guys dress is quite appropriate , since its hidiy dhaqan, it doesnt make him look like he is at a battle field, but a prepared man to protect his womenfolk.

Hunguri   

Im sure, Somali women are more like men lately. And, dont need no protection smile.gif . I thought, men used to have a knife along with the white sheets. The Spear at weddings is something new to me !

Buuxo   

OMG , a knife in the bed, my gosh i would be very very afraid.what if he just turns on her and kills her.

Hunguri   

looooooooool@ Buuxo. They call it romance dee :D !! What Can I say !.

PS:-

No, the knife will go along with his belt. When dismentling his sheets :D . Dont be afraid of nothing. Never, will he go to bed with the knife lool

Buuxo   

*sighs** good to hear the knife is not in the bed. it shouldnt even be in the same room.but i guess them days they didnt have more then 1 aqal somali ah/boool

Hunguri   

Yeah Aqqal Somali!, that was where most of us were born.

I will have one at my villa in the future. I will have one aqqal Somali, where only me and my wife will always have a closed doors conference :D . We dont wanna be bothered at our aqqal Somali. Aqqal Somali made of (Caws,Dhigo,Udubyo,Kabad,Hagoog,Dhaffar ETC)

Corockeries:-

(1)Saffad

(2)Sattiyo

(3)Dhiil

(4)Xeedho iyo Fandhaal

(5)Massale/Salli

(6)Jarco

And many more :D

Hunguri   
Originally posted by Magool:

Traditonal Wedding

cultureman.jpg

Buuxo, This picture depicts a typical Aqqal Somali, and my list is what aqqal Somali made of. Any thing which you see in the picture is almost the following.

(Caws,Dhigo,Udubyo,Kabad,Hagoog,Dhaffar ETC)The second list, is the house holding property and food served stuff.

(1)Saffad

(2)Sattiyo

(3)Dhiil

(4)Xeedho iyo Fandhaal

(5)Massale/Salli

(6)Jarco

And many more

bride.jpg

Have a look at this picture. They are sitting on a Massala or Salli. And, the little,black jug shaped container on the right side of the big girl, is called "Dhiil".

Now, you got to pay me :D