Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Humour: I have a right to offend

STOIC   

OG Moti, I second you on that bro!.I personally disparage this thread.Guys this is enough, Sheitanka iskanara,Acuthubillahi minasheidhani Rajim!

A_Ladiif,

I completely oppose your one-sided judgements on me. Everything I said to those people were in reaction to some major insults they thrown at me. So, you trying here to play an smart game by insinuating their insults and magnifying what I said as an unbearable remarks. Saaxiib, I don't know what you are to this forum, but I can tell you one thing: I stand with those remarks as long as others remain on the attack. I don't care whether you compile the entirety of my responses just to make a case, but look, what you doing is no different than the behaviour of those tribalistic renegades. You better come so explicit without cherishing the insult of others, because that makes you utterly weak.

N.O.R.F   

Now i dont understand how the suggestion of tribalism has come about :confused: . Talk about reading between the lines :rolleyes: .

Are we suggestion a north/soth devide here? The question of 'Where were in 1991 effects everybody from north to south and east to west. Have i missed somthing here or is there too many rash posts on this thread?

Pacifist   

Keep to forgiveness, and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant. And if it should happen that a prompting from Satan stirs thee up [to anger], seek refuge with Allah: behold, He is All-Hearing, All-Knowing."

Shytanka iska naara walaayal

Bismilahi Rahmani Rahim

“In their mutual love, kindness, and compassion towards each other, Muslims can be compared to the human body; when one of its limbs is afflicted the whole of it is affected in its waking and fever.â€

Do not envy each other. Do not inflate the bidding at auctions, do not bear a grudge, do not turn away from each other, and do not make an offer during (another's) pending transaction. Be worshipers of Allah, brothers to each other. Muslims are brothers to each other. He neither wrongs him, looks down upon him, nor humiliates him. Piety is a matter of the heart. He repeated this thrice. It is evil for a person to look down upon his Muslim brother. Everything belonging to a Muslim is forbidden to another Muslim; his blood, property, and his honor.â€

Abu Sufyan came with a group of people to Salman, Suhaib and Bilal (sp). They said to him: ‘Didn't the swords of Allah make the enemy of Allah pay the price?’ Abu Bakr (s) said to them: ‘Do you speak like this to the Shaykh, the chieftain of the Koraysh?’ Then he went to the Prophet (sa) and related it to him. He said: ‘Abu Bakr, perhaps you have offended them. If so, you have offended your Lord.’ Abu Bakr went back to them and asked: ‘Brothers, did I offend you?’ They replied: ‘No. May Allah forgive you, brother.’" [

This are all hadiths

source http://www.alhaqq.net/Nawawi.htm

SHAYTANKA ALA ISKA NAARO DON'T LET SATAN GET HIS WAY. AGAIN WE ARE ALL HUMANS WE ARE NOT PERFECT.

To brother Abdilatif sorry If I misspelled your name. It is better If you are trying to advise your fellow brother or sister to do it privately like sending them a PM. It is not good to show all your brother or sisters fault. And again to the people who swearing or saying bad thing about the males or females. Its clearly ceeb. Isku xishooda we all have brothers and sister and I don't think we would like somebody to do that to our B or S. And also this is a public forum. I believe we do have to the right to post what fancy's our mind. :D Lets not get offended by some opinions. Again though we can remember to respect others opinion without getting offended. If this does not concern you move along. It's not good to light a fire where it is not needed or vice versa. Lets try to better than one If they are being ERR. If we don't then well lets just hope.

“The Prophet (sa) was asked, ‘What should one pursue to be admitted into Paradise?’ The Prophet (sa) answered, ‘Being mindful of one's duty to Allah and good behavior.’ Then he was asked, ‘What indulgence pushes a person into the Fire?’ He answered, ‘The mouth and the genitalia.’’’

“I guarantee a home within the boundary of Paradise for whosoever gives up showing off, even when he is right; and a home in the middle of Paradise for whosoever gives up lying even in fun; and a home in the heights of Paradise for one whose behavior is excellent.â€

Remember that even though you are in a cyber world. Good behavior applies.

I apologize in advance if I wrote or said anything offense to anybody.

Ngonge my apologia didn't mean to Hijack.

To all that died in the war. May Allah almighty bless all of them Janatul. Firdos

Fi amanilah

I wonder why the SOL Adminstration AND certain elements within the moderators are so tolerant to NGONGE when they are harsh enough to others? Am just asking this question, because some of the regulations of this site (if I recall them well) were not to offend anyone under any circumstances. But now due to the popular and fork-tongued influence of NGONGE, it seems we can blatantly read from somebody (surmisingly as you can know) who is proclaiming the right to offend and mock by ridiculing everyone, and sometimes targeting certain tribes and people. Isn't funny how many of these people are ignoring the root causes of the problem in this thread. I think the people of my kinds should not persist to question such an invisible superiority and previledges. We must be patient and act passive to observe the moron mentality in action. Otherwise will end up on a systematic terminations from our artificial membership. smile.gif

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

We must be patient and act passive to observe the moron mentality in action. Otherwise will end up on a systematic terminations from our artificial membership.
smile.gif

This constitutes a felony..!

juba   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Am just asking this question, because some of the regulations of this site (if I recall them well) were not to offend anyone under any circumstances. But now due to the popular and fork-tongued influence of NGONGE, it seems we can blatantly read from somebody (surmisingly as you can know) who is proclaiming the right to offend and mock by ridiculing everyone, and sometimes targeting certain tribes and people. I
smile.gif

a little hypocritical aren't we?

Alle-ubaahane Maxaa laga rabaa? Si baa wadaadka loo daba-galay baad mooddaa! Mise aanooyin horaa loo heystaa?

Awal baad dekeno hore qabtey oo didisay cawshiiye'e

Maantana biciidkan damcaad daba ordaysaaye'e

Fediyaamo deerooy haddaanaan daba kaa toogan!

Odaga sida ha loo dhaamo. Oo halaga xishoodo.

Haddii kale................??????

Ha lays jirooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy

NGONGE   

So many replies, so many fabricated stories and a lifetime worth of assumptions!

J11, so far, we seem to argue the same point, saaxib! I’ll simply conclude by saying that the only acceptable form of censorship should be the one imposed by oneself! Any other form of censorship, whilst attempting to protect the rights of those unwittingly offended will impinge upon the rights of the “offender†to, simply, offend! This is without even considering, of course, if the offence was established in the first place.

This has been a topic within a topic, and therefore, one is obliged to also address the other part of this discussion. To those seeing tribal conspiracies in everything, there is nothing I could say or suggest to cure these preconditioned minds of yours! To those that have lost loved ones, upon reflection and after a period of soul searching, I realise that some of my words in this thread (not the other one) might have come across with a tad of harshness. I hereby take those words back. To those that gave their opinions on the topic but still got accused of bias and tribal hatred. If you’re the emotional type and feel that an apology or acknowledgment from me will help you withstand such indictments, I hereby extend you my warmest apologies and total respect (though I doubt either would mean anything to you - Particularly FF). To all the rest, hope you enjoyed the drama! :D

ولما رايت الجهل ÙÙŠ الناس Ùاشيا

تجاهلت حتي قيل اني جاهل

Ùواعجبا كم يدعي الÙضل ناقص

وواسÙا كم يظهر النقص Ùاضل

Though I would still like to continue pondering the topic and make a case for the right to offend, I fear that’s it’s impossible for anyone to stand in the way of a baying mob. Despite all my other qualities (real or imagined), I assure you all, a martyr I am not.

For this reason, and for the sake of the agreeable (but mistaken) Nomads who tried to “keep the peaceâ€, I shall miserably withdraw from this topic and stop feeding the senseless inferno.

Should there be any apology or regret as I depart, it would be one that concerns my mistaken fancy that I was discoursing with like-minded people and could freely participate regardless of the rabble. Alas, I underestimated the mob’s ability to overwhelm any discussions and drown all voices not adhering to its raw prejudices!

مازح صديقك ان اراد مزاحا

Ùاذا اباه Ùلا تزده جماحا

Ùلربما مزح الصديق بمزحة كانت لبدء عداوة Ù…Ùتاحا

To those that gave their opinions on the topic but still got accused of bias and tribal hatred. If you’re the
emotional type
and feel that an apology or acknowledgment from me will
help you withstand
such indictments, I hereby extend you my warmest apologies and total respect (though I doubt either would mean anything to you - Particularly FF).

How incredibly arrogant of you, Ngonge. :rolleyes:

Paragon   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

J11, so far, we seem to argue the same point, saaxib!

No sxb! We are not arguing from the same point. If memory serves me right, you argue that you have a right to offend (victims) by humourizing their sufferings, and opposite to what you believe, I argued (and still argue), 'no one (including you) has a right to offend victims. I add that only victims themselves have the moral right to humourise their sufferings and no one else. So in this case, it is immoral to use your tongue to infringe on other peoples' right to stay unhurt. And to add a reminder to your immorality on this matter, you are going contray to the prophetic sayings about guarding ones' tongue from hurting other Muslims. The Prophet (saw) said about the best Muslims: "The one from whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe." Muslim & Bukhari

On a serious note, it aseems, by arguing for a right to offend, you are creating a surplus of emotional wellbeing for yourself as opposed to the 'deficit' of wellbeing of the victims. Surely that itself is selfishness and purely emotively motivated. I do not see that logic behind one's assertion that some people are emotional when he/she directly appeals to others' emotions in his/her's persuit of gaining comfort and wellbeing.

Ngonge, I so believe that, above other things, you were at best emotional and 'unreasonable' (since your words were not produced out of reasoning, if they were, you would have 'reasonably acted differently), and at worst, value-driven.

PS: If you think you have a right to offend then see what is happening to the Mayor of London, and the implications of his remarks of the Holocaust camps. I will leave you with this:

http://society.guardian.co.uk/governinglondon/story/0,,1412601,00.html

NGONGE   

Heh. I know I said I’m done with this thread but you dragged me back into it, saaxib. First of all, Ken’s case is not a very good example. The mayor of London meant to offend. He specifically set out to offend when he compared the reporter to a German officer first and a concentration camp guard second (after he was told that the reporter was Jewish). This is not something that I would even attempt to defend. Though I can understand why someone would set out to offend and I personally would give anyone the right to do so, as long as they’re prepared for the consequences of their actions.

My argument all along was on the unintentional offence. I thought I was being very clear. The examples I gave (from Heller’s book to Salman Rushdi’s case) were all connected with that.

Saaxib, I believe I was being reasonable all along and have not involved my emotions in discussing this topic. If you can refute it, bring it on. But, let us not play the game of “you’re being emotional†and “no I’m not being emotionalâ€.

I’ve given you ample examples of instances when the humour about atrocities and victims was accepted and admired. You countered by saying my examples support your own points! I agreed, taking your own words that we’re arguing the same point and added that the main censor to anyone’s humour should be oneself. You replied by giving me a hadith saying guard one’s tongue! Do you feel like we’re going in circles here at all?

The idea that only the victims can satirise their own suffering is ridiculous by the way. If it’s directly offensive, it really does not matter if you’re a victim or not, you should not set out to offend anybody. If it’s unintentionally offensive (which is my argument all along), it obviously does not matter if you’re a victim either. Even in your example of using the “N†word, I bet you the director of that film was a white guy. In the same way that Mel Brooks directed (and written I believe) Blazing saddles and that movie was all about a black guy and all the characters (white) using all sorts of racially abhorrent language against him. The success of the movie was not because it was offensive or sensitive; it was because it was expertly done. This is the whole point of humour, it’s all about the timing and delivery not the worry about offence and misguided political correctness.

I suggest you reread the entire thread, rethink your words and come again, saaxib. I’d hate to suggest that your analysis was emotionally motivated, see. ;)