Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

JOBS!JOBS!JOBS! Anyone? (SOL Londoners only)

^right, was considering a pay cut but if it's like that, no chance! So ball park figure would be what- one bedroom? Cause I've done more searching and my area of expertise appears to be in demand.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

I go on
daily. Best for local govt posts.

and
are all good for international dev/NGO jobs.

And finally,
is great for temping.

quote:HIV and AIDS Development Adviser

Organisation Progressio

Salary See termns and conditions

Based in Hargeisa, Somalia :D

Closing date 21.09.2008

Posted date 03.09.2008

JB, speak to them; they mad an error.

For those from outside the UK:

South London is the place that really isn't part of London, but they felt sorry for them, so they included them too :D . It is a godforsaken place full of estates. :D Just joking before Sayid shankz me for dizrespectin his hoodz. Thankz for the lInkz val@ sayid

@sayid, check ur mail sxb!

N.O.R.F   

AED 100K per year in 'New' Dubai. Don't take a pay cut. You will be an expat. Ask for double or two thirds more (i'm not joking)

Sophist   

I am heading off Dubai insha Allah sharpish—will know next week.

Norf- the guys agreed to pay the house but we are in discussions with the bonus. They suggested a des bonus but I want a formulaic based bonus (example if I make 1 dirham for them you get 35 cent etc). Will find out insha Allah by Thursday next week and perhaps might join you in Jaunary!!! smile.gif

thanks for the links norf !

I still have some things to finish up here ... but a muslim country ... no taxes .. no winter, double or even triple sounds like an ideal gig.

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

Aah Barwaaqo (i can't still get over you changing that prosperous name) - how are you walaal - are you still in lovelorn?
:D

i posted this as i have personal mission to bring many somalis in to my work place, currently we are 12 in the council and we have lovely social fraternity.

Hi Sayid, how are you? I'm very well, A'H. No longer in lovelorn.

Although I reside there, I've never worked south of the river- for some reason I always commute to the north. Not tempted by Lambeth, I'm afraid..even though they pay well (probably for a reason, ey?).

Sheh, I'm always job-hunting. It's a compulsion.

VAL - i am well alxamdulilaah, Barwaaqo iyo Caano Geel. smile.gif

BTW haven't you heard we are the most improved council in London now - 3 stars out of 4. Do you reside in lambeth or just south of the river? anyways - come to work for lambeth i am sure you'll enjoy working here.

Norf1- you are parading on my thread man! - tempting my potential colleagues with your offers of sun, sea and petrol dollars - stop it right now. :(

WOMEN’S HEALTH & FAMILY SERVICES

The Brady Centre, 192 Hanbury St, London E1 7HU TEL: 020 7377 8725 FAX: 020 7377 1064

Women’s Health and Family Services is a community health organisation that works with women and their families from the Bengali, Chinese, Vietnamese and Somali communities in Tower Hamlets to ensure better access to health provision, improve health literacy in the community and highlight health inequalities.

WHFS Diabetes Team

Diabetes is a health concern for many people living in Tower Hamlets and as a chronic life long condition, WHFS, funded by Tower Hamlets PCT, is trying new ways of reaching those people with diabetes who need more help.

Can you help us deliver our ambitious plan to increase the quality of care and management for people from minority ethnic communities living with diabetes in Tower Hamlets? We are looking for people with a background in BME community development and/or health education. You will need to be a highly motivated person with commitment for achieving change. The three posts are:

Somali speaking Diabetes Team Manager (Ref:SDTM)

Salary: 29, 246 Sc SO2 (Incl ILW) 35 hours pw

• To manage Somali Diabetes Education Project and Diabetes Befriending Project and to lead on provision of community based structured diabetes health programme for the Somali community in Tower Hamlets.

Somali speaking Diabetes Educator (Ref:SDE)

Salary: 24, 591 Sc 6 pt 26 (Incl ILW) 35 hours pw

• To help deliver diabetes education through the X-PERT Diabetes PROGRAMME for people with type 2 diabetes from the Somali community in Tower Hamlets

Bengali speaking Diabetes Befriending Volunteer Co-ordinator (Ref:BDB)

Salary: 24, 591 Sc 6 pt 26 (Incl ILW) 35 hours pw

• To establish a network of Bengali and Somali volunteers who can provide practical and moral support to people with type 2 diabetes living in Tower Hamlets.

WHFS Office Manager (Female post) (Ref:OM)

Salary: 26,928 SO1 (Incl ILW) Pro rata 21 hours pw

WHFS is also looking for a highly organised and motivated person to be responsible for the efficient running of Women’s Health and Family Services administrative, and clerical systems on a day to day basis as part of our committed staff team

For an application pack for either of the above posts please email: jow@whfs.org.uk quoting the reference no. for the application pack you are requiring.

Closing Date: 29/9/08 Interviews: week beginning 6/10/08

WHFS is an equal opportunities employer

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

VAL
- i am well alxamdulilaah,
Barwaaqo
iyo Caano Geel.
smile.gif

BTW haven't you heard we are the most improved council in London now - 3 stars out of 4. Do you reside in lambeth or just south of the river? anyways - come to work for lambeth i am sure you'll enjoy working here.

No, I don't reside in Lamby..I'm a couple of boroughs removed to the west. Happy to hear Lambeth is most improved though, the borough has some lovely parts. Regarding work, my current employers have given me a new contract so I'm staying with them for the time being, I'A.

Miriam1   

Originally posted by Norf 1:

AED 100K per year in 'New' Dubai. Don't take a pay cut. You will be an expat. Ask for double or two thirds more (i'm not joking)

My eyes almost fell out at that amount (AED 100K). Well, until I did the exchange rate thingy. With that annual salary you barely get taxed here. Considering in exchange, I get reasonable rent, free schooling and free healthcare

Less tempting, except well the whole Muslim thingy!