Sign in to follow this  
SeNsHuAl_sHaAdIa

who you callin a ni**ger?

This is for the UK peeps. Check out this docu on monday @ 11.00pm it follows writer Darcus Howe's prediction of troubled times ahead for Britains immigrant population. It features the increasing divide between certain ethnic communities such as west indians and africans and is also said to include the beefs between somalis and sikhs in Birmingham.

Qac Qaac   

Sikhs muslim wanna be's. turban wearing are calling us Niggas,pls correct me if i am wrong, but somalida way in ay afka ku dhuftaan sikh oo kale ay canaya.

Originally posted by AngelEyes:

loool
:D
..its funny...of all people, somalis and sikhs having beef...whats the world commin to.

I know lol..UK must be very interesting place

counting down the day I come there to visit

Juxa   

i just saw the documentry, somalis been portrayed as racist. this dude they hit with a brick. yaa rabi. bt sometimes i really think somalis are racists to other black pple. i mean its ok to say we are different religion-wise or cultural wise. but we call them names. and associate them with filth and dirt.

somalis never ask themselves, when a white man looks all he sees is black person, never how big their nose is or how jileec the hair is.

so in a way, we gotta embrase the fact we black pple.

iam still gonna insist that the only difference with us and the other blacks, is the religion, we behave certain ways, cause we muslims and can not mix with other africans, but we respect them

and ^^^^^ that is my official story 2morow at work when everyone asks me if its true and we are racists

Living in London, and as me and family watched the program we found insightful yet very bias. Darcus Howe spoke to none of the Somalian youth. despite speaking to the youth of all the races in program. We do speak English. And we are in unique situation as well. Being black, Muslim, and asylum seekers- we get prejudice from all fronts. And there was no mention on the abuse that we get. I lost a childhood friend, murdered in cold blood. (peace been with him) And bus driver was shot because she looked Somalia (even thou she wasn’t). Both were innocent, upstanding member of modern Britain. I could list on and on, but basically it’s been my opinion that there’s an anti-Somali theme slowly on the rise in London. True, we do have a troubled past, and that’s no excuse for violence of any sort, against anyone. I recognize that- now all I ask is that we be recognized.

I decided to get an early night, missed the programme, yet i still work up late for work :D .....sod's law.

So no rave reviews huh lol, i did warn darcus is abit eccentric in the methods he employ's. I rember i was also un-impressed in the way he tackled the issue of racisim in The White Tribe series.

Of Course somali's dont identify themselves as black, but lets not lie we are quite racist ourselves, never mind the jamacians, sihks, or whom ever we might cross swords with. And this precieved arrogance from ourselves helps feed into the animosity we get from other minorities

I grew up, completed my schooling, and started work in a very white dominated area. I had to deal with racisim from puplis and teachers alike. But from my expirence you should never lower yourself to the level of anybody else's ignorance.

In the end, the friends whom i relied on in my school, dominated by Skin-Heads and real-life hooligans including convicted criminals where.........supprise supprise the skin-heads themselves.

Whilst i got greif from Jamcians who called me "african" and asians who (if i may be allowed to generalise for a sec) have a superiority complex of there own. I enjoyed the trust and respect of the *Caadan*.

lol go figure ppl :rolleyes:

dawoco   

That programme was nothing but a joke, portraying Somalis as people to be pitied. The tone of it all was downgrading.

Our community isn't better by all means, but saying somali's are criminal because a little gangster wanna-be said he was beaten with bricks (which he might have deserved for all we know) is hard to believe.

And then, to showing a paranoid old woman who's house was laid under siege expressing her hatred for the Somalis was the topping on the cake. And how did the dear old lonely immigrant know that the somalis were the ones throwing bricks through her windows? Because a white boy said so, of course! Never mind that it was during the night, and that no one else could confirm it. It was presented as a truth, rather than the speculation of an old lady looking for some one to blame.

Call me a racist if you will, but i find it quite funny that the same people who's community is largely blamed for all drugs and gun violence related crime acts have the time to critizise us.

When in fact our community is equiped with better work ethics and are achieving considerable amount of goals in a short period....What a laughable, biased and incompetence way of finding a new community to point the finger at.

N.O.R.F   

What a joke indeed. Because we have surpassed their level of school leavers/uni grads/successful businesses in proportion to their far greater population who have been here for more than 50 years, they feel as though we are eating their piece of the 'british' cake.

Dawaco says:

When in fact our community is equiped with better work ethics and are achieving considerable amount of goals in a short period....What a laughable, biased and incompetence way of finding a new community to point the finger at.

Very true, when things are not going your way, blame it on the refugee! :rolleyes:

Jelousy is a huge thing among the Carribean community who are basically materialistic ppl.

Darkus Howe is an old fool who needs to retire, he cant even produce a clear/concise and balanced view on the topic at hand. Speaking to Asians/Jamiacans but not the somali youth. He tried to speak to someone but he wasnt really a 'switched on' brother was he? :rolleyes:

Anyway, he was speaking of something thats been going on for years, it will get worse before it get better. But hey, thats just the way it is!

Lets portray the Jamaican community as victims for once,,,,,,,,,,looking for a sympathy vote!

Jamelia   

Am I the only one who seems to have noticed that the OLD FOOL calling himself a journalist,, was also ANTI islam??????? :eek: :eek:

And where the hell does islam come into a documentary called 'Who you calling a nigger'.. :mad: :mad: .

Did you guys see when the presenter went upto a pakistani muslim brother celebrating EID....at a Birmingham Masjid...and asked whether the muslim guy could imagine for one second being a NON muslim,,,and whether seeing all these muslims 'Flooding' the street to go to the masjid would seem threating to him..or some like that....By then I was ready to punch the lights out of this DRUNK INGNORANT FOOL...

And another thing........Whats with blaming the pakistani's and the somalis......And mentioning 9/11. :confused: ....COULD it be the aim of this programme is to increase religious Hatred particulary against MUSLIMS???.....

Islam nowadays is associated with everything EVIL by the media.. :mad: .........

Paragon   

And is the man one mostly respected by his Afro-Carribean community? Hehe, if an individual such as 'him' ranks high in the Afro-Carribean community, then we (Somalis and other ethinicities) shouldn't waste time on the matter in hand. As the Somali proverb once pointed: 'ama maqnaaw ama muuqnaaw!', 'Either be absent, or let your presence felt'. So we shall show our presence unlike 'some' communities.

PS: Afterall, who needs their sympathy? ;)

dawoco   

lol baashi, somali patriotism runs deep, even though it runs crooked in some.

The thing that annoyed me the most of that programme was how that man was trying to gain asian sympathy by telling them how the first generation immigrants stuck together and west indies and asians supported one another during the hardship. Oh gimme a break!

One man in particular told him, "your people say us asians are more likely to die of heart attack than anyone else because we work so hard, but at least we don't die of drug abuse"

Did the flag waver of afro-caribean people defend himself? Oh no! He just side stepped the real issue, which was why the black community isn't functioning as well as other communities.

Like Northerner said, we have achieved more in the decade that we have been here,compared to what they have done in the 5 decades that they had to settle into this society :rolleyes: