Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

No room for women in Somali politics

Aaliyyah   

Malika right on sis....those jobs are reserved for them..haka saarto!

Qalbiadeyg caadi weeye kijada ada galaya maanta....

sidey Faduma Nakruma tidhi...

every dog has a day today is our day (somali ladies) icon_razz.gif

salaam

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Sidey Faduma Nakruma tidhi...

every dog has a day today is our day (somali ladies)
icon_razz.gif

salaam

A day without you is a day lost, girls!! :D

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Malika right on sis....those jobs are reserved for them..haka saarto!

Qalbiadeyg caadi weeye jikada ada galaya maanta....

sidey Faduma Nakruma tidhi...

every dog has a day today is our day (somali ladies)
icon_razz.gif

salaam

Faduma Nakruma? is that some ghaneese woman, related to the late great Kwame Nkrumah?

okay, have fun with your 'day'. :D

Muriidi   

waa in ay ka bilowdaa in Haweenka laga saaro Maamulka Dowladda

it is true...and that's why God created amazons.many "males" will have to leave "maamulka"

'cause they (although male)are more like women and should stay at home (which is no insult)

amazons (although females) will replace them in "maamulka"

sister in arms :

resident_evil_extinction_milla_jovovich_

and this one according to sharia ,although male (judging by the beard) does not count as "man" that would be entrusted with the nations defense.

he should be discussing tupperware and watching martha stewart.

7008.jpg

you know what ?

house work is too important , let one of us do it...

503347.jpg

Kulmiye   

"No room for women in Somali politics" I dont see why is that surprising considering how little we have progress from the 18 century to now? i mean still most of our bathrooms have a holes... you have to seat in a stone with a full of xaraar underneath. our streets have no signs or lights- just a man controlling the traffic with a whistle. markaa why are we even talking about putting women in office when it looks like we still live in the stone ages?

To be a a politcian you have to be a lier, crafty and dishonest. So it is a good thing that there are very few women out there who are into it. It sayz alot about men though, doesnt it:D

And my sense of deja-vu continuous.

I see no basis Islamically for barring women from political participation. The question is and has always been of one position - head of state. This too is quite contentious amongst different historians and scholars.

I'm always shocked when I read stuff like this as it makes no sense to restrict the efforts of half the population in an already crippled country with an incompetent and ineffective system in place.

Personally I think this character Maxamed Ibraahim Bilaal should be exiled from all political participation after this article because he is clearly too istubidh and too short-sighted, not to mention too insecure to do any task. If I ever see him, I'll be more than tempted to b*tch slap him.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ In Somalia they probably make 70%, saaxib. Half of the men have been killed either by other Somalis or the Xabashis. Now behave and respect the majority.
:D

What ever happened to majority rules eh? :D

Lol @ Somali govt ruling by sharia law. Oo gormaa 4.5 sharicada lagu tarey? :rolleyes:

Somalina   

Let's see...

Indonesia, the most populous Muslim-majority country, elected Megawati Sukarnoputri as president

Pakistan, the second most populous Muslim-majority country, twice (non-consecutively) elected Benazir Bhutto as prime minister

Bangladesh, the third most populous Muslim-majority country, elected Khaleda Zia and Sheikh Hasina as prime ministers

Turkey, the fifth most populous Muslim-majority country, elected Tansu Çiller as prime minister.