Saalax

Epitome of Somalinimo: Baydhabo helps Ceelafweyn

Saalax   
23 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

If I remember it right, the two clans exchanged mag? It is safe to say this family got nothing.

I am happy for the poor child!!!

the mag hasn't been exchanged yet the ceasefire was agreed back in September but it is still being collected. 

Saalax, many Reer Waqooyi folks used to live and many of their descendants still live in deegaanada Koonfur Galbeed. They are called 'geegii mariidi.' Geegii mariidi waxaa loogu wacaa any Afmaxaa folks ka soo haajiray asalkooda deegaanada Soomaali Galbeed, Waqooyi Galbeed, Waqooyi Bari iyo gobollada dhexe.

Marka this man could be one of the Reer Geegii Mariidi descendants for all we know. Eebbe haka abaalsiiyo xasanaadiisa.

• Thanks 1

Saalax   
3 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Saalax, many Reer Waqooyi folks used to live and many of their descendants still live in deegaanada Koonfur Galbeed. They are called 'geegii mariidi.' Geegii mariidi waxaa loogu wacaa any Afmaxaa folks ka soo haajiray asalkooda deegaanada Soomaali Galbeed, Waqooyi Galbeed, Waqooyi Bari iyo gobollada dhexe.

Marka this man could be one of the Reer Geegii Mariidi descendants for all we know. Eebbe haka abaalsiiyo xasanaadiisa.

wa laga yaaba. I did heard the area use to be a melting pot in the past as well. 

Tallaabo   
16 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

If I remember it right, the two clans exchanged mag? It is safe to say this family got nothing.

I am happy for the poor child!!!

The mag is exclusively for the koofiyad baclayaal, I'm afraid there will be nothing for the poor girl. 

8 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

The mag is exclusively for the koofiyad baclayaal, I'm afraid there will be nothing for the poor girl. 

Makes me wonder what goes through the heads of the young men that sacrifice themselves when engaging the tribal wars.

Tallaabo   
3 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Makes me wonder what goes through the heads of the young men that sacrifice themselves when engaging the tribal wars.

They are in the grip of shaydaanka of course. 

7 hours ago, Saalax said:

wa laga yaaba. I did heard the area use to be a melting pot in the past as well. 

The region could be a template of what true Somalia could be, very diverse, clanwise. You literally can find any block including my own there.

Abdi Isaaq's family is originally from Jigjiga area but they lived in Bay for at least five generations.

20 hours ago, Saalax said:

Haa, dhulkaas waa dhul beereed barwaaqo ahee, Soomaalidii hore u soo qaxi jirtay markee abaar ama colaad ka dhacaan deegaanada kale Soomaaliyeed. Qaarkood dib uma noqon jirin. Waana la soo dhaweyn jiray, qaarkoodna 'sharci degnaansho' la siin jiray yacni markee diyo iyo mag imaato qabiilkee la degaan ayaa ka bixin jiray, iyagana markooda bixin jiray hadduu qabiilkaas gaf geysto.

Maqaal dheer laga qoray aabahey ayaa ka aqriyey in waaguu ganacsiga soo galaaye xilligii 1940-meyadii ninka ganacsiga isla bilaabeen, iskuna dhawaayeen xilligaas ahaa nin Reer Waqooyi ah. Xaruntooda Bakool ayee ahayd. Aad ayee iskula safri jireen oo waxee mari jireen dhulka Soomaaliyeed Jigjiga, Diradhabe, Berbera, Sanaag, Mudug, Nugaal, Hiiraan iyo inta ka hooseeysa iyagoo alaabo iyo xoola ganacsi wado.