galbeedi

Mustafe Cagjar sold the Somalis to the coming Amhara hegemony.

galbeedi   

Amhara region is getting 25% or 138--population estimate 16-20 million

Oromia region  170 seats . Population estimate 35-40 million

Somali region 23 seats. Population estimate 6.5-8 million.

Addis region 137 seats. population estimate 7-8 million.

They said it is based on the census of 2007. Yet Amhara who are not even 20 million people, are getting six times the population of Somali region. Their seat number is equivalent  of population of 36 million people. You add that the so called Addis region which has 52% Amhara , while the rest is divided among Guraghe, who will vote with Amhara, and Oromo, and other ethinks. An Amhara region with two or three cities with half million people, say Bahir dar and Gondor can not muster 2o million people let alone over thirty.

If you allow the Amhara to get 138 from their region and another 80 from Addis, they can  win the majority seats easily. 

Somalis, the second largest landmass and the third most populous region in Ethiopia is marginalized. Both the Tigray TPLF and ABIY agree to keep the Somali people insignificant. To achieve their evil plans, they got A Somali stooge who is willing to carry the water for Abiy and the Amhara agenda of ruling Ethiopia again. Just two months ago, the Amhara came to Jigjiga in force and took over the town and its bulevards for two days. The city and life were shut down for their show of force while the Somali public were blocked from traveling from one side to the other.

If Somalis want to have any semblance of freedom and autonomy, they must defeat Ina Cagjar, the Amhara stooge who will oppress the people for the Amhara agenda. He never consulted or raised the Somali population strength with Abiy or others.ONLF and other Somalis must come together and defeat the new Dergue in our region.

This is very serious.  I am warning Farmaajo and company not to trust this Amhara clone who is buying time at the moment.

Furthermore, I do not buy this false exaggeration of their population. In 2005, Ethiopia claimed to be 60 million people. We used to hear about the 60 million people without sea access. After ten years, around 2015, they claim to be 90 million people, and now in 2020, they are claiming to be 110 million. No nation in the world can double its population in just 15 years from 60 to 100 million. 

They just have Addis with eight million and few other Oromia cities with over a million people. Where are the dozen cities

My friend this is too little too late.

The Somali people in Ethiopia fought for one hundred years, under this or that leadership, under this or that organization, sometimes just a village elder, sometimes clan or sub-clan elder Shiek..etc

The one thing they all fought was self government all from Independence to smallest autonomy.

Finally in 1995 they achieved it on paper. They got many peoples in Ethiopia to think like them and it looked like this time the people will have achieved the minimum condition for them to stay in Ethiopia.

Of course it takes at least a generation to make a realty of what you have on paper. You live in Federal country that almost 200 years is still building and the bill of rights is not accepted by the French who are not included in it yet.

You were so much in a hurry to get rid of Illey who was not resisting to stay in power, but orderly transition so the things that have been built do not get destroyed.

You were supportive of the campaign regardless if the accusations were true or not. Now it has been proven that most of the things Illey was accused of on face book are not true. Your best friends at the time, Amxara also don't care what Illey did or not do to the Somali. They only cared that he was in control of too much power.

What are building blocks of autonomy?
1. Economically in general and food security in particular is crucial. You cannot complain of Christian domination while your people rely on Red Cross and not even Red Crescent. Most are nomads. Therefore water, settling them, trying half of them into farming in about 15 years..etc was crucial.

2. Industry and commerce. Since commerce requires less capital that was chosen as priority. Roads, airports, ports...is crucial. Example Somaliland ports cover more of Kililka than Djibouti. Puntland ports cover even more. Pushing Ethiopia to use Somaliland was crucial for Kililka. You and likes were adamantly against it. The Amxara were against it. On the contrary the Oromo, Afar (even those who benefit most from Djibouti), Tigray and South were all for it just as solidarity with the Somali. Otherwise Tigray can even use Port sudan which is closer to them and infrastructure is there.

2. Culturally Language, traditions, history, identity..etc

3. Media and education

For all his wrongs or "ills", Illey was the most successful in all these areas.

Now that the Amxara have succeeded in sidelining him and have found Somalis to curse him everyday for being separatist, all those institutions and infrastructure are being destroyed.

TV and Radio are now broadcasting more in Amxara than Somali, where Amxara was zero during Illey.
The Airports that were built with Somali money for the purpose of not having Ethiopian control have now been taken under Ethiopian control and after some face book propaganda of "we will make it part of Ethiopian network" yada yada are almost not functioning. Slowly will be given to military and take them out of the system and not compensate the Somali people.

Education now will be in Amxara from grade 2 or 3 if Abiy has his way. Illey had education completely in Somali and Amxara was only a subject one of many other subjects.

I hate to accuse you or others who were thinking in either clan or political party. You all were warned that the objective in Ethiopia is to take away autonomy.

I guess most of you were too eager to see the back or the head of Illey, mostly for clan reasons, but some for other reasons as well.

The hate on Illey was never about Justice for the "victims". I put victims in quotes since most of what was attributed to him was fake and manufactured.

"Oh ya Camel, you did not see the ditch when you were looking up to the tree leaves and stretching your neck"

That is the situation with Kililka.

You are continuing the same way. Example the Amxara are not majority in their own Kilil. They are more majority in Addis Ababa than their kilil. There is fighting every other day in that Kilil by the Ethnics.

Haatu   

Cagjar is a useless stooge. I don't know why we expected him to be any different. He was handpicked by Abiy after all.

13 hours ago, galbeedi said:

If you allow the Amhara to get 138 from their region and another 80 from Addis, they can  win the majority seats easily. 

They will also get at least 40% of Ahmarised-Oromo (Christian Oromo) and another 50% from the Southern Communities. 

It is very much given an Amhara will become a leader in the next elections. And by that, the so called Ethnic federalism will become history. 

29 minutes ago, Haatu said:

Cagjar is a useless stooge. I don't know why we expected him to be any different. He was handpicked by Abiy after all.

The Somali region is a very divided region. You will never see a strong leader from a divided society. 

Given the existing realities, I think Cagjar deserves better recognition for his efforts.There has been huge changes happening since he came to office. And best of all is the understanding of the problems and trying to find solutions to those problems. I have listened to some of this interviews and he seems to have a good grasp on the issues and has sound understanding of what can be done about it.  

I have family members who reside on the Somali Region side of border and they tell me that for first time in generations, they see an administration providing services to them. These include Maternity places, schools, water wells etc. 

Haatu   
22 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

The Somali region is a very divided region. You will never see a strong leader from a divided society. 

Given the existing realities, I think Cagjar deserves better recognition for his efforts.There has been huge changes happening since he came to office. And best of all is the understanding of the problems and trying to find solutions to those problems. I have listened to some of this interviews and he seems to have a good grasp on the issues and has sound understanding of what can be done about it.  

I have family members who reside on the Somali Region side of border and they tell me that for first time in generations, they see an administration providing services to them. These include Maternity places, schools, water wells etc. 

Yes services have improved since he came that is true. But on the bigger issues that affect us all he has totally failed. And that is what he will be measured by.

23 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

They will also get at least 40% of Ahmarised-Oromo (Christian Oromo) and another 50% from the Southern Communities. 

It is very much given an Amhara will become a leader in the next elections. And by that, the so called Ethnic federalism will become history. 

There will be no election, at least not in the near future,  and despite Abiy's good effort, one can't turn back history. Amharic hegemony will not come back.

2 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

There will be no election, at least not in the near future,  and despite Abiy's good effort, one can't turn back history. Amharic hegemony will not come back.

I agree.

The problem is folks here in SOL too much influenced by what they see on the internet.

Suldaanka,

I used to point out this fact to galbeedi, now he gets it. Don't go by what you see on the internet and diaspora. The Amxara/Gurage are the majority in diaspora and also internet, radio and TV that you may have looked at.

Example: Amxara are at most 20 Million adding even some Ethnics that still feel intimidated and say they are Amxara.

Somalis and Afar are half that number.

Oromo are twice that number

Southern and Tigray are equal to that number

Gambella, Benishangul, Harreri and the non Amxara in Addis are quarter of that number.

Abiy will be lucky if he wins 10% in Oromo and 10% in Kililka.

He will be lucky if he wins 50% of Amxara kilil. and 5% of Addis Ababa. A different group of Amxara is majority in Addis. A group that is set against Abiy and his friends of Gurage/Amxara.

But if you go by face book and internet, for example, you may have never seen an Afar site or even a Kililka site that has big following against Abiy, but the man in the street and even some Kililka officials are already actively working against Abiy's deception and lies ways.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:24 AM, Che -Guevara said:

Just I andy our friend Observer,  predicted

2 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Just I andy our friend Observer,  predicted

Che,

Such a crisis cannot go to waste. Somebody has to take advantage of this opportunity, if they survive.

As for Amxara ruling Ethiopia, I also do not see it.