Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Dubai: The opening of first METRO in the Gulf.Pics

Abyan   

War shooow they took the design from the swedes.Impressive, i actually took the train when i was in sweden once. The train is actually airy and bigger than the ones that we have in the Uk.

I had this sent to my email.

This is the dubai

image0.jpg

Sweden underground train.

plan_sweden_stockholm_tunnelbana_modern_

The swedes are always ahead in the world when it comes to infrastucture. And they've had those trains for years as i use to take them daily, the only difference being that the dubai ones are driver-less and the swedish ones arent.

N.O.R.F   

^Japanese made.

Did some walking inside stations and along platforms as well standing for 30 mins. Forgot what it was like. Still tired!

Investment in brick and mortar, waxaa ka fiican investing in your own people's know-how.

Say there was a war, Allah forbid, and all these building were levelled to the ground, and the petro-dollars aren't there any more, would the Emiraties be able to bring the place back to its glorious past? See, it is all about depth and strength.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

Investment in brick and mortar, waxaa ka fiican investing in your own people's know-how.

Say there was a war, Allah forbid, and all these building were levelled to the ground, and the petro-dollars aren't there any more, would the Emiraties be able to bring the place back to its glorious past? See, it is all about depth and strength.

They have been sending students to study abroad since the early 70s. Every single year, thousands get sent to Australia, America and the UK (Ireland) to study in a wide range of universities and colleges. On top of that, Dubai alone has at least eight universities, with the American University in Dubai being the most popular. There was even talk recently of opening a branch of an Ivy League university in Dubai!

Sheikh Mo does not seem to be doing these things for fun, saaxib. I truly believe the man wants to become some sort of Khalifa (or at least a later day Haruun El Rasheed). :D

N.O.R.F   

^We won a big job this week to work on NYU's Abu Dhabi Campus (hope they don't try and send me there).

ps who was Haruun El Rasheed?

NGONGE   

^^

Harun became the fifth caliph of the Abbasid dynasty in 786.

Under Harun al-Rashid the Abbasid caliphate reached the height of its power and his court at Baghdad was famous for its splendour. His empire extended from the Mediterranean to India. He gave control of state affairs to Yahya, his Grand Vizier.

Harun was a patron of the arts and of learning. He often traveled about his city at night in disguise. He is known especially as the leading character in the tales of the 'Arabian Nights'

random source

Originally posted by Thierry.:

I have got to tip my hat to the Emirates, from dust to skyscrapers in less than 20 years.

Yeah and the last 20 years Somalis were killing each other, duke and his counterparts were arguing about whose uncle has killed more than the others :D

PS: I remember when I went to Dubia early this year the Met was under construction and I was wondering when are they gonna complete it

Salaamatun

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

quote:Originally posted by Thierry.:

I have got to tip my hat to the Emirates, from dust to skyscrapers in less than 20 years.

Yeah and the last 20 years Somalis were killing each other, duke and his counterparts were arguing about whose uncle has killed more than the others
:D

PS: I remember when I went to Dubia early this year the Met was under construction and I was wondering when are they gonna complete it

Salaamatun
There is a station close to where you was staying [Al Rigga].

Thierry.   

LOZ tragic but true, better days will come Inshallah once one of us acknowledges his uncle killed more. :D

Norf do you guys have oyster cards and are they charging a fortune like they do here

Fabregas   

Credit must be given to the thoroughbred Islamic, tribesmen of noble of Arabian descent, Sheikh Makhtoum, and the other Arabian stallions for leading the technological rennaisence of the emirati people. Inshallah, one day, we 2, the thoroughred Islamic, Somali tribesmen and women of noble cushitic and Arabian origins will build a similar venture from Kismayo 2 Bosaso. However, there is only so much technological development of can achieve and one must be weary of becoming a couch potato, ferrari obssesed, casirboy.

BIG UP 2 ALL DA thoroughbred Islamic, Somali tribesmen and women of noble cushitic and Arabian origins. one must be weary of becoming a couch potato, ferrari obssesed, casirboy.

:D:D:D comes with the territory friend