Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Sushi

Z

i'm sure i saw a korean place just off litle brouke st. sell it as a starter ;)

Give it a try man, their not not as bad as they look, promise

V

After all that training... I'm disapointed hun... i expected you to be asking for them raw and un-salted

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Haven't tried it yet, but intend to. There are certain types of seafood that repulse me,
mainly shellfish (the slimy, yucky variety like oysters, mussels, etc).

It took about 28 years but I've finally gotten around to eating shell fish! I dined on this platter of mussels at a Belgian restaurant tonight...

2300429489_e9f03a2c56_m.jpg

And you know what? It was rather tasty!

Next: Oysters!!!! (Urg!)

^^^ Bisinka! and here i thought of myself a wild child for eating raw salmon one time...and your talking about squid?

theres a serious need for a bucket nearby when trying these plates. smile.gif

Buuxo   

Val, how did you eat that?

PS: On your next seafood expedition ,make sure you are within reach of a hospital.

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

Buuxo, nextime just close your eyes, chew and think of ari 'baac baac' dhahaayo.

CG, i did exactly as you adviced, maxaaa iga raacey. I knew it was a bad idea asalkeeyga waxuun cunin baan afartan jir ano ah tijaabiyey :D Let's just say my immune system didnt react well to it.Seafood oo dhan amaan buu iga helaaya.Alhamdulilah , now i know to avoid it.

smile.gif

^ I always found the shells off-putting but the dish was quite nice.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Try a squid preferably a fried one first, then a life one dipped in sauce. Of course, there is slight chance you might choke on it

I'll try that once I witness you eating it. And don't worry about choking - I've been trained in doing the Heimlich maneuver. smile.gif

^I think I know the restaurant you mean. The one where you are hoisted up in a cage?

Grilled sqiud is delish. Dipped in garlic sauce; the tentacles are something else . smile.gif

^ Hoisted up in a cage? That sounds like fun! I wasn't hoisted anywhere at the one I went to. It's located in Chalk Farm and is apparently known for its moules, frites and beir.

I'm trying not to think about eating something with tentacles.