Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Sushi

Buuxo   

Originally posted by UK_ROSE:

^^ Ages ago i went to a posh resturant in knightsbridge.. I tried a seafood salad all full of chewy and bland little things.. the octupus and sqid were very chewy.. I ate as much as i could.. it was an experince!

Everynow and then i would go to Rechoux in South Audly St and order my favourate fish and chips..

Uk-Rose sounds similar to a situation i was in.i was out with some collegues and there goes me xariifad iska dhigaaya with my seafood salad. it was bad enough i order rabbit food(i dont even eat Tomatoes.)so it was an experience-shocking one--

except me i didnt eat anything the whole time i spent tossing and turning whatever was in my plate :confused: lol, my asian friends were all eyeing my plate though.

^ seriously tho'

U people, bariis iyo lug ari oo qalashay hadaadan helin, you have no appetite.

Reminds me of the time i made tasty king praws (with the head and antennas still there) for my family. My father didnt know whether to try killing it on the plate or run away from it in case it went for his jugular....

Its crazy how many somalis that you meet that say 'I dont eat X', then u ask, have they have tried X or seen it outside of a somali kitchen where its incinerated to an inch of becoming pure carbon? -- To which you get an answer of 'war maxaad ogtahay, nagatag'

Buuxo, nextime just close your eyes, chew and think of ari 'baac baac' dhahaayo.

Val

I remember the look on your face as you 'nibbled' on the calamari. It still brings tears of joy to me :D .. anyhow considering how much you nibbled, it doesnt count icon_razz.gif

^ Don't remind me! You would try and make me eat jellyfish if you could. :mad:

Reminds me of the time i made tasty king praws (with the head and antennas still there) for my family. My father didnt know whether to try killing it on the plate or run away from it in case it went for his jugular....

LoL! I can't believe you did that to your father! You can't place those creepy things in front of a Somali Oday and expect him to eat them! But the image is hilarious! :D

UK_ROSE   

^^ My father, although he was been in Ghurba for 55 years would never go near basto, eggs and am not sure what he saw me eating King Prawns.. probably say "wamaxy tan saqachanadni"

We have a close family friend that comes from a seaside city in Egyept.. when ever she wants to make fish she'll give me a ring.. i must say she is a pro when it comes to making King prawns wallahi i never tasted something like it though its a little bit freaky whith the black dots(eyes ) staring at you as you take its skin off..

I know we call fish "Kaloon" on somali,. but do hey have names like squid, seabass, red mullet. etc?

Sushi is one of those food, you either love it o hate it.

there is no"In between o so so"

My fav, is The caterpillar roll or the dragon roll, the scorpion roll isn't so bad.

try it.

Those are just names, not contents.

Pujah   

^^why does it look like raw chicken. I am losing my apetite just looking at it.

Waaba bariis cad iyo hilib cayriin ah. :eek:

Violet, I was just having some fun. I actually love seafood. smile.gif

I once went to a lovely but slightly different restaurant which would provide all its clients with a large extremely hot slab of stone so that you could cook your own meal. The seafood platter was simply delish...

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
Instinct-Poet

Sushi is one of those food, you either love it o hate it. there is no"In between o so so"

And I hate it with a passion, first time I tried it they said it was because it was from M&S [supermarket] the second time went to this fancy sushi restaurant and hate it the same way :( somehow raw fish does not tickle my taste-buds. However, if you said Thai or Malaysian hmmm smile.gif