Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Sushi

Haven't tried it yet, but intend to. There are certain types of seafood that repulse me, mainly shellfish (the slimy, yucky variety like oysters, mussels, etc).

Nehanda   

Val

Depends on which restaurant you go to but cooked and served in the right way oysters and mussels are quite yammy.

Not a big fan of sushi myself, although I am told that the seaweed is actually good for you healthwise.

^I nibbled on deep-fried squid once, does that count?

Nubia, yes, I heard about the health benefits of seaweed as well. Perhaps you are right and they taste alright if cooked right. Am just not very adventurous when it comes to shellfish.

^am eating seaweed now. All that talk of sushi made me go get some supermarket variety.

Squid, once!? I've lost count of the number of times I've had it. There was a time I would break my fast on dates, grilled squid and octopus. Who needs sambusa. Ya Allah, makes me want to travel right now!

^ LoL..how exotic. I found the squid far too rubbery, that was the problem. I like to sink my teeth fully into my food, see. I imagine Octopus to be just as rubbery if not more. Am I wrong?

Ah, but the sushi, I definitely want to try. Will probably go for the salmon.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Nomadic_Princess:

What is all this talk of seafood? How very unsomali of you all. I demand this thread be removed and replaced with a proper tribute to camel meat. I smell fish eaters and I don't like.

lol..Hey, whats wrong with seafood? A lot of Somalis eat it and have been eating it for centuries.

Sushi looks nasty, but trust me it's the boom. You can never have too much.

Shakti   

Shushi ah? The nastiest thing 1 can ever do is 2 land 1 of those things in their mouth .. the thing smells so bad…. how does one scoff those things is beyond my comprehension. Ewww

Advise : any1 whos thinking of giving it a go, must 1st smell the darn thing b4 compromising their taste buds

Ewwwwwww again.

ps. i demand the same thing as Nomadic_Princess

Shakti   

^ no fish 4 me… i take supplements when it comes 2 my Omega-3's in takes

i do think, most fishs smells so bad cooked n 2 eat it uncooked is just plain nasty.. ew

good luck 2 those ppl who r going 4 it..

Val, if it's rubbery it's not cooked properly. I only eat the deep-fried, chilli-coated squid when in London restaurants. In any other form, I tend to stay away from squid, it's almost always rubbery. In the Far East, they skewer it, barbecue it over coal and serve it with a sauce. If the squid is big it's chopped up after barbecuing; if it's baby-sized, it's left on the wooden sticks and u're left to pull tentacles et body off with your teeth- after dipping in sauce.

I faint at the thought.

Octopus has more of a crunch when cooked this way- the tentacles get crisp.

I have pictures somewhere.

LoL.

UK_ROSE   

^^ Ages ago i went to a posh resturant in knightsbridge.. I tried a seafood salad all full of chewy and bland little things.. the octupus and sqid were very chewy.. I ate as much as i could.. it was an experince!

Everynow and then i would go to Rechoux in South Audly St and order my favourate fish and chips..

1. its tasty

2. go to real sushi place, not the supermarket or revolving table places, and tell teh waiters that you are new to the raw fish thing, and could they give a few recomendations to start you off

Castro   

^ Ounce for ounce, the Japanese diet is the healthiest in the world. I also think it's the tastiest in the world.

It would be a dream come true if I own a Sushi restaurant somewhere on the beach in Xamar. :(