Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Sushi

Pujah   

Have you ever try it? If so how was the experience?.

The idea of eating raw meat never appealed to me before...still I want to give it a try. Although, I am little apprehensive about it.

PS. Is it allowed religious wise?

Aisha   

I had one called california rolls (it 's vegiterian), and it tasted soooooooooooooooo gross that I just gave it away. My friends love it!

I still say give it a go and see if you like it. No harm in that!

PS. Is it allowed religious wise?

I don't see why not. As long as you have fish like salmon or tuna. I don't think they will use halal meat so I would stay away from the chicken.

Aisha   

What is sushi ??

You've never heard of sushi before???? Strange! Sushi is Japanese food. It's rice, seafood (or a filling of your choice) & vegies wrapped in seaweed. It's served cold.

Yeah just ask Legend of Zu I am sure he ate snakes , Cockroaches and varitey of insects!! but Sushi is kind disgusting though. But gotta love tuna :D

UK_ROSE   

Quote from Wikipedia-

In Japanese cuisine, Sushi (寿司, Sushi?) is a food made of vinegared rice combined with various toppings or fillings, which includes seafood and can also include vegetables, mushrooms, eggs or—although not traditionally—meat. Sushi toppings may be raw, like most fish; cooked; blanched; or marinated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Us Somali’s are a bit apprehensive when it comes to trying different cuisines we like to stick to our baris and basto, its a shame really coz there is lots of nice food out there especially Oriental cuisines.. I personally love Vietnamese and Japanese food.

1st time i tried sushi was with a group of friends in Samozan Japanese restaurant in Mayfair.. The whole experience was very nice. Try YoSushi if you are in London, they do good sushi at decent prices.

What is all this talk of seafood? How very unsomali of you all. I demand this thread be removed and replaced with a proper tribute to camel meat. I smell fish eaters and I don't like.

UK_ROSE   

Re Hileb Geel..

I was listening to an islamic lecture fron sheikh Abu Isxaq alxwaini in arabic and he pointed out that not many people favour Helib Geel...

Is it just us somalies???!

^LOOOOOOL Bangers and Mash I get, but what in the world is bubble and squeak? Must be English. You know I have been warned quite a bit about English Cuisine but that you guys eat this....

committees

Disturbs me. :D

bubble and squeak A dish made by frying leftover meat and vegetables (typically mashed potatoes) together.

umh and no I never been there but google is my best friend *cool*