Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

weirdest Interview with Waris

OLOL   

What is wrong with this Interview? I couldn't even continue to listen to such a travesty. He ( the feminine looking fella) is interviewing her in Somali and she is answeing in a broken English with an unintelligible heavy accent! I was embarrassed of it. Then the guy starts interviewing her in the broken English. Her gestures and expressions are over the top! what a SUURO!!! Ilbaxnimooy xaal qaado!! thanks though, it is funny piece of comedy!! I am going to check at home, not at work or school.

Waxaan u maleeynaayaa ilbaxnimadii aa qalad laga fahmay..what is wrong with speaking in Somali, knowing that this community channel is geared towards Somalis ? but it is her choice right? what you guys think of this?

http://www.somaliweyn.org/music/Waris.ram

I agree this great comedy -lol

i watched 2 minutes...that's pointless she dont even speak english probably..

Interviewer asks in Somali and she replies in english guy translates back to somali -lol

Jacpher   

Subxaanalaah; saaxiib Ramadan waaye Xanta naga daa. Consider eating the flesh of your dead brother?

Amakaab ayaa iga soo haray. Somali u tarjumaaya another Somali. I don't know her but she could be Sijuwi.

By the way, she's at least not blaming the whole gudniin thing on Islam like some of us do. I agree with her. It's horrible and needs to be stopped.

Bakar   

According to me, she raised some good issues which many protagonist of anti circumcision need to address. I must agree with some of you, Somali language would have helped her cause to be mutually understood. But she, nevertheless, stresses on the issue of circumcision being a practice that is perpetuated by not only male but also female species. She challenges the notion of male being sole architect of this practice. Moreover, she challenges the idea that this practice is perpetuated because of social control. Islamic leader in most of these tuulo are striving to eradicate female circumcision. In contrast, it is the women of these societies that are reluctant to relinquish this norm, as she put it.

At least, she does not harbour a abhorrence toward her Muslim fellow, or blame Islam for personal hardship which she experienced during her childhood. She basically challenges norms that is affront and detriment to women as oppose to holding her people in contempt.

Ramadan Kariim

Nephissa   

Olol, xaasid! Stop poking fun at them nooh ;) Laakin gabadha koow kaa soo hor baxayso, maxaa daaray? lol! Timaheeda aan ka naxay. Istaqfurulah, Istaqfurulah ..naga dhaafa dambiga. :D

PS: Hate it when kids and parents speak english to each other. Even the ones who has the worst accent, and speak English loudly (as if that will increase understanding!) Talk about embarrassing moment right there.

My brother's kids were only allowed to speak Somali in the house. And now they speak it always without anyone telling them to. When other grown ups talk to them in English, they answer in Somali lol ( how do you like THAT - slap on the face by a six and ten years old ) It's always important to keep your first language fluent, at home.

Parents: Don't let your kids loose their heritage intaad English ku practice garee is leedihiin.. :D

Originally posted by Naku Penda Piya:

Parents: Don't let your kids loose their heritage intaad English ku practice garee is leedihiin..
:D

^^^^ :D:D Classic... af soomaali iyo af ingriis aa isugu keen dhax qaladay... waxaan is leeyahay tolow luuqadani ay ku hadashay ma Somanglish baa?

Salaamaat

Sky   

Originally posted by Naku Penda Piya:

Parents: Don't let your kids loose their heritage intaad English ku practice garee is leedihiin..

Lol :D:D:D

Waris waaba Reer Baadiya, she should be speaking Somali perfectly. Everybody knows there are some screws loose in her head.

Inyar baan ka firsaday, when she started with: Izz about uhh uhhm... I couldn't have closed it faster than I did.

Baashi   

Good advice sis but ain't that easy.

Yes, it is very curious. The interpretation was a bit ridiculous. Definitely her message would have been better delivered in Somali. I always thought she spoke fluent Somali. Perhaps not.

This is nothing but conjecture, but maybe despite being interviewed by a Somali Site and her cause being a distinctly Somali one, this interview wasn't targetted at Somalis as far as she was concerned? Like I said, nothing but conjecture.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Sky:

Waris waaba Reer Baadiya, she should be speaking Somali perfectly. Everybody knows there are some screws loose in her head.

Waad af-xuntahey welibana af-dheertahey, edeb iyo anshaax midna ma lihiid..boqol jeer ayan ku sheegey haku cayiin gabdhaha Soomaaliyeed gobaha layskugu yimado.

Olol look at it from this side, whether Wariis speaks in fluent English or one with a heavy accent, and pretends she does not know how to speak Somali maxaa kaga shan iyo toban ah adigu sideedaba?

The lady has made it her own way and acheived what she has set out to do in this World,if you are not happy, good, cause it was not her aim to make backwarded Faarax's the likes of you and Sky to be happy.

Waryada isku xishooda and leave the woman alone and let her live her life.

^LMAO. Bal Tartiib.

You have to admit weris has a funny way of speaking englaise, and so does my Adeer,your Abti & and any somali whose english is less than perfect. The point is?

Let the woman Be :mad:

We should, as a society appreciete the work shes doing for poor somali girls. Applauding her for doing good,is what we need to remind one another. Ilaahey Khayr haa kasiiyo the work shes doing.

Weris,if you ever read this: Good Job Walaalo;Keep it up. And Polish your Ingiriis will Ya? :D