Suldaanka

So much for Controlling Somali Air Space. Ethiopia Airline will continue its scheduled services to Somaliland... will stop Somalia (inc. Puntland)

Somalia 

All Airports in Somalia will be closed effective 19th of March 2020 for 15 days for all Commercial passenger and Cargo flights.

Somali Land 

Effective 18:00 GMT, March 19,2020, all flights from Kenya, Somalia, China, Italy, Iran, France, South Korea and Spain are prohibited from Somaliland Airports for 28 days. 

Somaliland Airspace is open and Airports are fully operational as usual.

https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/aa/en/breaking-news/updates-and-health-advisory-on-the-covid-19-virus

cadnaan1   
8 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Somaliland's International Airports is business as usual. 

A big fat middle finger to Cheeseman. :D 

You would prefer to put your people at risk just to annoy farmaajo that is very low.

6 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

You would prefer to put your people at risk just to annoy farmaajo that is very low.

Somaliland will make her own decisions based on her own risk assessments. 

7 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

OMG, priceless thread

Ya. You can see it from a mile, it was going to be Priceless.

Suldaanka,

Did you have to single out Puntland? (just kidding)

Alright, we will have to take this on the chin and move on. If the Airline companies want to obey ICAO's laws, that is their decisions. But the fact that Somaliland's Airports are operating as normal, is a fact and any Airliner that wants to land will be able to land.

Although a lot of people are blaming for the previous Kulmiye administration which helped transfer the Air Space authority from ICAO to Somali hands. I think that is simplistic.

In my opinion, there is a lot to this issue than meets the eye. It has a lot to do with China power & reach than anything else. China spends a considerable political and diplomatic power to keep the Air Space related issues in tight check. They do not want any relaxation of those laws less that is used against them with regards to their policy towards Taiwan. In fact, they actually interfere with other countries' Air Space laws in order to keep their goals towards Taiwan in aligned. 

Also China is one of the largest donors to the ICAO organisation which in turn funds most of the 3rd world's Air Space authorities. 

It bothers so much that some idi0t some where in Amisom controlled Mogadishu has a say in my Air Space. What a f*cked up world we are living in. 

Haatu   
3 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Alright, we will have to take this on the chin and move on. If the Airline companies want to obey ICAO's laws, that is their decisions. But the fact that Somaliland's Airports are operating as normal, is a fact and any Airliner that wants to land will be able to land.

Although a lot of people are blaming for the previous Kulmiye administration which helped transfer the Air Space authority from ICAO to Somali hands. I think that is simplistic.

In my opinion, there is a lot to this issue than meets the eye. It has a lot to do with China power & reach than anything else. China spends a considerable political and diplomatic power to keep the Air Space related issues in tight check. They do not want any relaxation of those laws less that is used against them with regards to their policy towards Taiwan. In fact, they actually interfere with other countries' Air Space laws in order to keep their goals towards Taiwan in aligned. 

Also China is one of the largest donors to the ICAO organisation which in turn funds most of the 3rd world's Air Space authorities. 

It bothers so much that some idi0t some where in Amisom controlled Mogadishu has a say in my Air Space. What a f*cked up world we are living in. 

War niyow meesha waa ku dhiiqowday ee wax isula har :D

You made this thread thread out of spite so allow us to laugh at your expense.

Suldaanka,

How do you from "'so much for controlling Somali airspace' to 'lets this one the cheek'.

Haatu,

This man explains what wrong with secessionist thinking.

Tallaabo   
21 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

I don't think this has anything to do with China but has everything to do with a nation's capacity to control its airspace. 

If for instance Somaliland had an air force with the capability to intercept any aircraft, it could effectively close its airspace to international airlines and force ICAO to recognise it as a separate entity. If a capable air force cannot be found then at least Somaliland should develop the technical capability to jam all communications and GPS signals used by the airliners to turn its airspace into a black hole. This tactic can also force all airlines to take a long detour around Somaliland and thus have the same effect with ICAO.

So until Somaliland gets such capabilities which I doubt it will ever have, Mr Muuse and Co should explore other options. 

• Thanks 1

Diyaarad ay Ethiopia leeday ayaa saaka ka soo degtay magaaladda Hargeisa. Diyaaraddan ayaa in doora hawada ku meeraysatay ka dib muran dhanka Towerka Airportka Hargeisa iyo Towerka Airportka Mogadishu ka dhex maray. Ku dhawaad 20 daqiiqo amaro kala duwan oo diyaaradda loo diray, Diyaaraddu kolkii danbe toos ayay Hargeisa uga degtay. 

Waa kolkii ugu horaysay ee khilaafka Air Space Somalida khalkhal galin gaadhay diyaarad dad sida. 

IMG_495268-51B37A-4AA58E-A1B291-6858AE-3