Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

Somal Sex Trafficking in 3 States!!

Cawaale   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

I doubt community in MN will do anything-maybe express shock and horror as we are doing here.

and that my friend, is the saddest part of it all.

How do you know she is 13? Meeshan weynu is wada garaneynaa-Da'du ma da sax baa?

Point is, this is of course shocking-and we have the right to be outraged. But,the truth of the matter is(and che has a point),this and other worse shzt happens in the somali community both @home and in the diaspora.

We( Somalis)as a society(yes,society),need to change as a whole and not choose where and what to change.

Malika   

^How do you know they lied about their age?? - regardless of that,there is no excuse to abusing young women.

It's a matter of facts, that kids whom come from deprived[emotional] homes tend to seek attention else where and its usually in the hands of the wrong kind of people -thus the abuse.

Sex trafficking is a reality, perhaps just coming to the light in our community but it is an issue that needs to be dealt generally within all societies.

Cawaale   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

^Isn't that an assumption on your part?

Maxaa laga qabaty the disappearance of a dozen or so young Somali men oo shabaaba ka mid noqday from the very state.

Maxaa laga qabtay the web of murders in the said state. Waliba lagu dilay the likes of Ahmed Nur who had nothing to do with the gangs, who wanted to do something for his people, volunteered at teen mentor program.

Maxaa laga qabtay oo aan ahayn in dambiilayahsa la dhoofiyo, loo guuriyo, oo Africa, Carabaha and at times Yurub ku tamashleeyaan

I know, we don't live a perfect world, in a prefect world wadankiinii oo nabadda yaan ku noolan lahayn, lakain that doesn't mean indhaha xerano, waa in aan isku laabanaa, oo aan xaqiiqda waajahnaa bro.

Yet what i say here remains assumption, waxan oo dhan inta aysan billaabanina dad aa sideyda o kale taagnaa, waxbaa naga qaldan, iayaguna "assumptions" ay wadaan aa lagu yiri.

tip of the iceberg....

Request to the admin: please remove 'Somali' word in the subject of this topic. It is already bad enough that the mainstream media is invoking Somali name in the most negative way. These criminal activities are not unique to Somalis. Every community does it, and the media don’t habitually attach other communities’ names with each and every crime one of theirs commit.

Malika   

^To a certain extent we do have a culture of 'hiding' our criminals - qof oo dani qof soo dile ayaa laa qariya - subhanallah!

Guys-I am not saying this we should accepted as the norm but it happens frequently among all communities within the United States.And of course, we should be concerned about the age of young girls that being sold into prostitution but according to the Justice Department the average entry age into prostitution is 11-13 years.

Gheelle.T What do you think the community will do?

ElPunto-In Boston, we have priests violating young boys.And this shid happens everywhere.

Malika   

^LOL,That reminds me of comedy show- the guy goes,we should also have christian jihadist.Am sure if priests are promised 72 choir boys in heaven they will join in masses.lol