Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

CIID MUBAARAK

N.O.R.F   

^^I know saxib. Its just silly to talk of unity every Friday but not make any attempts to be proactive.

I'm guessing you didnt follow your local mosque :D

Ms DD   

If the prophet (saw) was alive today, he obviously would have sighted the moon wherever he was. Would the muslims in the UK have waited to see the moon themselves or would they have followed the prophet (saw)? I know he (saw) isnt alive therefore it is a moot point, but living in the west, sometimes moonsighting proves to be difficult cos of the weather.

NGONGE   

^^ I did. I don't live in Southall you know. My local mosque is strictly run by our blood cousins, the Bengalis. :D

ps

They agreed on Unity a few years back and managed to keep things together for a couple of years but now we're back to the old ways. :(

-Lily-   

North, it was mainly the Pakistanis and Bangladeshi communities that continued to fast. And to make matters worse they closed all the mosques so ppl could not pray Ciid prayers there. Thankfully, our local mosque like Regent's Park mosque was open for Ciid & Salat, it was packed though as several other local mosques were closed and they had to add on extra prayers. Took us 40mins just to get out after prayer. Alhamdullilah it was still worth it, sad as always that people had Ciid on different days.

NGONGE   

^^ Mine were not that bad. The kids had fun and even the cat got an Eid gift (a scratching board).

I met one of your (female) in-laws. I have to admit that I couldn't help gossiping about you. She was of the same opinion that, 'reer North', have become too carab caseer for their own good. The ironic thing, of course, is that this gossip session was conducted entirely in Arabic. :D

N.O.R.F   

LOL@NG

Not too Carab caseer saxib. We dont eat McDonalds/KFC for casho every night. The local Lebanese food is far superior :Dicon_razz.gif

Well we went for an Italian (Lily knows where) then to the fun fair, Qanat al Qasba was quiet so we went to visit a family in Sharjah. I couldnt understand the kids as they only spoke Arabic :D

-Lily-   

North, that was such a nice restaurant. Was the overtly-hyper-friendly waiter called Marco/Maso who wrote on the table with crayons still there? He did make quiet an impression on us. I'm guessing the little one had a good time there.

Our Eid was a family & food affair at home with al the siblings, 14 cousins, 3 aunts and some friends. I declined all invitations to get out of the house the rest of the weekend, it was fabulously quiet and perfect.

Ibtisam   

^^^^Wow mashallah that is a big get 2gether day! :D

I met one of your (female) in-laws. I have to admit that I couldn't help
gossiping
about you......

What is the world coming to toloow.

I spent Eid at home, *I even took a afternoon nap! now that is what I call a good day!. The rest of the family went to stay with cousins so peace and quiet!..

NGONGE   

^^ When you meet someone, you talk about what you have in common, silly. For example, if I ever get to meet you I am sure that we'll spend our time talking about Serenity's gravity defying cheekbones. I'm sure there are some implants and cosmotic surgery there you know. :D

ps

The meeting where this took place was full of children. I think there must have been at least twenty of the blighters running about, and they turned my pockets inside out. :(

Malika   

The Eid prayers was simply a breathtaking experience..Mashaallah the congregation reflected the beauty of the Deen of Allah and its diversity among man kind..

After prayers ,ofcouse it was time to stuff oneself with alot of sweets..Lol

The next day a systematic family therapy session took place,alot of bonding/forgiving was done over plates of bariis and hiliib..Alhamdulillah! smile.gif

Malika   

^^Lol..could you be the one that the family was trying to avoid in this therapy session.. redface.gif You didnt miss much,I tell you I was accused of alot of crime in this session,I was conviced they were talking of someone else..Lol