Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

CIID MUBAARAK

Malika   

^^Lol My Ayeeyo has lost her Somali touch hadhee,she make wicked Ladoo's and Penda.But yet still her faalfal is the best!

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ When you meet someone, you talk about what you have in common, silly. For example, if I ever get to meet you I am sure that we'll spend our time talking about Serenity's gravity defying cheekbones. I'm sure there are some implants and cosmotic surgery there you know.
:D

Lo0oL. NG, I'm all natural. Stop spreading rumours. Subxanalaah!

I went to an Eid gathering in an open park in Greenford (1eid.net) sponsored by the charity Al-Fitrah. Waited in line for almost an hour to pray 2-raka. It was drizzling and uncomfortable.

I cant remember an Eid prayer where I didnt return home cursing at the crowds.

After that I had a long nap... then watched some tv all by myself, all alone at home. The sisters went out with friends and mum went around the neighbourhood.

On saturday, we 'ordered' some hilib iyo bariis, where I made all the accompanying stuff and lots of reer 'aabo' iyo reer 'hooyo' showed up with all their kids.. who numbered into the zillions.

All in all, I feel exhausted and financially depleted. I'm not sure I have enough money to celebrate my own B'day next week! :(

Buuxo   

^don't worry serenity charity never depletes your wealth.It will spring back and im sure you feel a whole lot better now that you have given those kids xaqal-ciid.

I am wondering as a kid ,what was the most amount of ciid money you received from one person and how old were you? me i was 10 yrs old and i got $100 from an uncle ,he really brought a smile to my face and i loved him more for it. LOol ,and as usual i bought a lot of junk.

^ Your question just brought me really good memories of one of my uncles. He used to be an ambassador and I went to his house (which was massive and very pretty, with the beach just a walk away) every Eid. It was the gathering place for the 'tol' :D . He gave me lots of money all the time.

He passed away last year :( . Ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

Khayr   

Eid waanagasan nomads!

I hope that your Eid was pleasant for you.

I never knew how many kids somalis were producing in local until I went to these children themed parks on Eid. Little rugrats all over the place and being breastfeed m left and right by their mothers. Madness!!!!

Zafir   

^You got to see boobs at least. :D I was busy chasing my rugrats all over the place; I am still tender in some areas.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^Lets not make this another bash Saudiya thread please. The king doesnt determine when Eid is celebrated saxib.

Sxb I didn’t bash Saudiya, I spoke the truth about the so called “boqors” that run that country. You know what’s up ninyahow marka ha is iindho tiriin.

One I am not coming from a nationalist perspective, and two I don’t see the relevance of your unity argument, infact its counterproductive to unity. This is what it boils down to, does the Muslim ummah have an amir, is there an islamic state, with one leadership to oversee the affairs of the ummah? The answer is a fat no. Therefore what is the best solution for unity in our communities? We know from the Sunnah of the nabi scw: that one, if there are 3 ppl, they should select an amir and two: individuals should stick to their local jama’at and their amir. The Muslim community in United states, or a particular state should unite under one amir, there is no reason for 3 masjids in a small town to celebrate eid on different days, this happens only because those who followed a community thousands of miles away, those who celebrated friday followed Suadiya, and they caused the qilaaf within the local community. And last the Hadith at the end of the day says: if u don’t see the moon then finish 30 days, the lunar moon is not gonna be the same for the entire world, see it celebrate, ur local community don't see it finish 30 days, this is what it says, it doesn’t say follow Saudi Arabia.

We agree to disagree on this one. And Allah knows Best.

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

If the prophet (saw) was alive today, he obviously would have sighted the moon wherever he was. Would the muslims in the UK have waited to see the moon themselves or would they have followed the prophet (saw)? I know he (saw) isnt alive therefore it is a moot point, but living in the west, sometimes moonsighting proves to be difficult cos of the weather.

If this was the case, then nabi scw would be our amir, the leader of the entire ummah. But since this is not the case and we have no amir as an ummah, every muslim should stick to the main body of muslims within their local jama’at.

Khayr   

^^^

Saxibo, I thought that you were a Saudi all those time....oops, I meant Salafi! :D

The start and the end of Ramadan and the start of Eidul Adha are rather moot points in our deen. Lets celeberate and tolerate the various opinions on this secondary issue.

N.O.R.F   

Sxb I didn’t bash Saudiya, I spoke the truth about the so called “boqors” that run that country. You know what’s up ninyahow marka ha is iindho tiriin.

Saxib, what does this have to do with the discussion? Nothing! Hence why I asked you to leave the old men alone. Thats whole different disussion.

We shall return to this in 66 days time when we celebrate Eid ul Adhaa on the same day whether you have seen the moon for the start of Dhul Hijj in your part of the world or not. ;)

Khayr, good point.

Khalaf   

^^The "boqors" at Saudiya who set every policy and control the religious establishment in the Kingdom have everything to do with the discussion and just look at Khayr's comments....the masjids sxb that caused the qilaaaf were fill in the blank. Two: every community should have an amir and be united under the amir, so this qilaafs are not secondary issues but harmful and need to be fixed.

Khayr, i have always considered myself Muslim no other name tag.

Your comment reminds me, of brother couple weeks ago who asked me to burn stuff for him...the material he wanted me to burn was from a holy sheikh...it was my sincere opinon that he was giving too much power to this sheikh after considering his views....the brother a "sufi" got mad u wahaabi....cajiib....Quran calls us MUSLIMS....