Allahu Akbar

La ilaha illa Allah

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar

Wa lil laahil xamd

Allahu akbar kabiira

Wal xamdulillahi kathiira

Wa subxaana llahi bukratan wa asiila..

Have a good one and make sure it's memorable for the youngsters, inshallah.

CIID WANAAGSAN!

STOIC   

I am back to work after praying EID prayer with my muslim brothers and sisters in Atlanta.We prayed outside African Style.I was impressed with the commitee arrangement of the prayer.The only good organization I have found in a Somali community for quite sometime.With the Fall wind blowing on our backs we all set outside and prayed in a uniform.Strangers and neighbours their eyes etched to the prayer scene.I was moved and impressed with commitee effort.EID Mubarak to SOL community!

Khalaf   

^^^^^many of us fasted also, may Allah accept our ramadan, the kutaba today was great way to end ramadan..we celebrate tomorrow inshallah. smile.gif .

Originally posted by Northerner:

Khalaf, yes we are Eiding today and so is most of the Muslims around the world.

I know sxb, makes me wonder tho is because Suadiya celebrated? Istagfrullah tho...but some brothas were saying today the masjids that celebrated eid today were salafiya and financed by "wahabiya"......but what matters is they saw the moon.....and saudi does extensive searching for moon....but we go with our local masjids since deen is easy.

Eid mubarak.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

^^^^^many of us fasted also, may Allah accept our ramadan, the kutaba today was great way to end ramadan..we celebrate tomorrow inshallah.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Northerner:

Khalaf, yes we are Eiding today and so is most of the Muslims around the world.

I know sxb, makes me wonder tho is because Suadiya celebrated? Istagfrullah tho...but some brothas were saying today the masjids that celebrated eid today were salafiya and financed by "wahabiya"......but what matters is they saw the moon.....and saudi does extensive searching for moon....but we go with our local masjids since deen is easy.

Eid mubarak.
I think it is more complicated than tht saxib. The mosques who celebarated on Fri are those who follow Makka moon sightings and those who are celabrating today (sat) are those who say we didnt see the moon in our country. Our brothers and sisaters in Aus and NZ have it difficult because its already fajar (or nearly fajar) when its Isha in Saudiya.

Those in the UK who are Eiding on Sat for example are adament that the moon sighting should be sighted with the naked eye and in that particular country (ie UK) as was the case many moons ago (excuse the pun). That would be OK if we were in the year 1900 for example but today we have instant telecommunications and we know within minutes what the case is in Saudiya.

Makka is more than just the place we face for salaat. It is the focal point of Islam, the birth place of Islam and should be used as such to determine Ramadan/Eid dates. This is the view of most Islamic countries but some have always tended to be different.

There some families in the UK who have brothers/sisters/fathers/mum/aunts and uncles celebrating on different days even though they live on the same street! I'm glad to say Somalis there follow Saudiya timings. This brings up the question of UNITY within the Ummah. If you here an Imam talk of unity in Friday khutbas then celebrate Eid a day later than Saudiya then I'm affraid questions need to be asked of him.

There was a big split in the UK where very heated exchanges were made in live phone ins on the Islam channel who have been expressing the need to follow the Saudiya moon sightings for the sake of unity and treating Makka as THE focal point of Islam and not just as qibla.

Those who are celebrating a day late, what are they going to do when it comes to the day of Arafat in 70 days time? Are they going to fast/celebrate/make their sacrifice/perform hajj a day later?

It it dissapointing really that we shout unity on a weekly basis but cant agree on when we should all celebrate Eid together.

Eid wanaagsan SOLers!

Khalaf   

^^^^^

Makka is more than just the place we face for salaat. It is the focal point of Islam, the birth place of Islam and
should be used as such to determine Ramadan/Eid dates.
This is the view of most Islamic countries but some have always tended to be different.

Did UAE site the moon, or just follow mecca?

Determining beginning and ending of Ramadan rests on moon-siting not following mecca. We know the Hadith and Sunnah of Nabi scw, start Ramadan with seeing of the moon and end it with seeing the moon, but if no moon is sited then complete 30 days of sha’ban. Where does it say follow mecca? Site the moon, if not complete the 30 days of sha’ban full stop and thats what we did. Saudi arabiya is suadia arabiya, arab world is arab world, different parts of the world no?. I understand the need for unity, but there is no islamic state there is no khalifah, so as muslims shouldn’t we stick to the Jama'at of our local muslim community instead of a community thousands of miles away?

Two: today, Mecca the holy lands of islam is controlled by a corrupt ruler a tyrant, you know the fear of scholars and students of knowledge of Abdullah, what he says go if he said celebrate friday its friday, if he declares saturday its saturday don't u think? Sxb he is “lord” not Allah Most High in the Kingdom. The ummah can not and will not have any unity sxb with leadership such as this, therefore its best muslims should stick to their communities, be united in their own local communities, American muslim community will be different then Saudi muslim community, and those who follow community thousands miles away will cause spilt in the the local jama'at.

Those who are celebrating a day late, what are they going to do when it comes to the day of Arafat in 70 days time? Are they going to fast/celebrate/make their sacrifice/perform hajj a day later?

Great question. But this depends on waqtii (time), not the moon. Therefore everybody eids on same day here. There is the difference between this and ending of ramadan which depends on seeing on moon, if moon is not seen then finish 30 days.

And Allah knows best.

N.O.R.F   

^^Lets not make this another bash Saudiya thread please. The king doesnt determine when Eid is celebrated saxib.

The moon was sighted in the UAE and many other Islamic countries. If it was'nt sighted in the UAE we would have followed Saudiya anyway (what is wrong with that?).

You are coming from the nationalist perspective (ie i did not spot it in MY counry) whilst mine is more of a Muslim spotting it in the home of Islam (enough for me and most others).

Without getting into any Figh related issues, the Unity of the Ummah should take precedence here. As mentioned before, some family members celebrate on different days. That unity will only come about if people consider Makka as the place to follow for moon sightings. The hadith you mentioned did'nt differenciate between countries/regions. What if its cloudy in one region and clear in the other (same country) will one region celebrate while the other fasts? Where do we stop?

Great question. But this depends on waqtii (time), not the moon. Therefore everybody eids on same day here. There is the difference between this and ending of ramadan which depends on seeing on moon, if moon is not seen then finish 30 days.

People follow Arafat day as announced by the Hajj leader/commiteed based all the way in Makka Saudi Arabia which means thiat you will lose a day in order to accommodate it.

Wa Allahu Aclam

NGONGE   

^^^ Two countries not celebrating Eid on the same day is at least understandable. Yes, it would be nice if all followed one rule and decision but it's not an obligation. The real problem is when one country follows two rules! We had the usual split this year in the UK. Some celebrated on Saturday and some on Friday!