Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Britons among ‘ugliest people,’ dating site says

Swedish men, Norwegian women get highest ratings for their looks. And faaraxs for their loyalty.

lol. I had to added this since its true.

LONDON - Britons are among the ugliest people in the world, according to a dating Web site that says it only allows "beautiful people" to join.

Fewer than one in eight British men and just three in 20 women who have applied to BeautifulPeople.com have been accepted, an e-mailed statement from the site showed.

Existing members of the "elite dating site" rate how attractive potential members are over a 48-hour period, after applicants upload a recent photo and personal profile.

Swedish men have proved the most successful, with 65 percent being accepted, while Norwegian women are considered the most beautiful with 76 percent accepted, the site said.

The way that BeautifulPeople.com accepts new members is simple. A potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them, the site said.

Options are: "Yes definitely," "Hmm yes, O.K," "Hmm no, not really" and "No definitely not."

The site was founded in 2002 in Denmark and went live across the globe last month. Since then, the site has rejected nearly 1.8 million people from 190 countries, admitting just 360,000 new members.

"I would say Britain is stumbling because they don't spend as much time polishing up their appearance and they are letting themselves down on physical fitness," Beautiful People managing director Greg Hodge said. "Next to Brazilian and Scandinavian beauties, British people just aren't as toned or glamorous."

Only the male Russian and Polish applicants fared worse than British men, although Russian women had a 44 percent acceptance rate. Polish women did not appear in the table.

German applicants were slated for offering up unflattering photographs, which may have hindered their acceptance rates at 15 percent for men and 13 percent for women, the lowest rate in their category.

"German men and women aren't faring well, but they are submitting stern images, they need to soften up," Hodge said.

The site is filled with horribly conceited and unattractive people. Men who think taking their shirt off makes them look good. There are far prettier people traveling on the underground.

I don't know what you mean by 'qishtaa'. I'm not on the site, I only know because a friend of mine is.

Cawaale   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

I agree with the statistics. I think White brits are the ugliest cadaan people I've ever seen with yellowish teeth, pale skin, crazy hair, thin lips and odd fashion.

i agree with you at to some extent. with the odd fashion and the yellow teeth. wonder how would they look like if they were introduced to the "Khat" Still the Brits have some of the most beautiful peeps.

Somali-Brits won the Miss & Mr.Somalia.

Abyan   

^ It's probably the combination of the bad dentists and the tap water that burns your teeth when you brush in the morning. *ducks from the flying dacas*

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

I agree with the statistics. I think White brits are the ugliest cadaan people I've ever seen with yellowish teeth, pale skin, crazy hair, thin lips and odd fashion.

yet they ruled half the world - yeah baby, yeah baby - austin powers

chubacka   

^ og sheeg. how extremely v. rude @ this topic. On behalf of all the british cadaan people i knew/know, they ain't that bad looking!

And really there are more important things in life than shiny teeth and hair. (like a nice cup of tea!)

nuune   

^^ exactly, he lives there, and like most maryooleey, they dont want in britishka wax laga sheego, bal maxay ka difaacayaan haddii runta la sheego.