Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

Somali Refugee Life In Yemen

STOIC   

Lander, I'd save your skin just delete this story.It was disected and whirled upon by our respective newsroom analysts in general section few weeks ago.....

LANDER   

STOIC I'm not sure what there is (or was) to be dissected, it was my first time coming across the story so I thought I would share. I'm not sure what the reaction was on the original post, but hopefully it served as a reminder for those of us who live in the west, just how fortunate we are to be leading such comfortable lives. Sounds cliché perhaps, but Walahi I was having lunch as I read the story and I couldn't help but wonder how Ahmed was eating a piece of bread for breakfast and a piece of bread for diner, yet managed to work all day washing cars with so little food. Here I was having a container full of meat sitting at my comfortable office desk, doing easy work and yet I often think about how things could be 'better'. The story puts all of our day to day issues in perspective that's all.

STOIC   

Lander

I can understand what you are saying with a fairly clear conscious. I wasn’t questioning your intention. I was just nudging you to let you know they already discussed it…

LANDER   

^

Stoic I didn't take it that way bro, I was surprised at the reaction you described when it was originally posted...Than again, maybe it wouldn't be THAT surprising...

Ibtisam   

^^^It was who posted it and why they posted it and how they posted it and what they said, that got the reaction... :D In fcat I'm sure even you would've had something to say.