Oodweyne

President Bihi On His Government's Effort On The Corona-Virus Epidemic Crisis.

Somaliland steps seem to be designed to annoy and confuse everybody else, including those quaranteened and their friends or relatives.

Some of it great ideas, but with addition that great crisis should not go to waste.

It is good Somaliland did not follow Brazil, UK (before they chickened and made 180 degree change), Belarus, Mexico and others with the theory and practice of herd immunity.

No matter how good of an idea it may have been at one time, This hotel thing will end up being most scandaleous and corruption inviting activity.

Imagine Oodweyne comes from UK, he is quaranteened. He maybe all responsible and accept his fate, but his aunt won't. one of his friends won't. one of his partisans won't. One of his close relatives won't.

Which means: Some in authority will use their power and influence, some will use the power of money, some will use the power of social status pressure...Not good method.

galbeedi idea of school or renting the hotel works better.

Oodweyne   

Old_Observer.

I think hotels, boarding schools, conferance centers, militay barracks, and every available hospital in the country (be it private ones or the public ones) will be taken over by the government (and they have the authority to do so) if the virus hit us as hard as it had hit places like China. We will forcibly quarantine folks in their own homes, especially those who are mildly sick. But the badly sick ones, who needs to be sedated and incubated, will be taken to places like these I just mentioned in here.

And now the Corono-virius emergency committee have also put it in motion the idea of buying testing equipment and diagnostic machine as well badly needed life-saving ventilators from various commerical sources around the world. Although they are hard to come by as you know by now. But our private compies and businessmen as well as the government are now putting all the financial resources together that are needed in here in-order to purchase these vital machines and the diagnostic kits.

So, it's all hands on deck from this point onward, regardless of whether all our efforts may not be that sufficient enough to the task at hand. Or they may not make even a small dent onto this raging virus. But at least we will try our best under the circumstances in which we find ourselves in and with whatever resources, ingenuity and gumption, in which we can muster it in this trying times. 

Oodweyne   

Oh the memories and memories I must say. This below is videos of Today's Somaliland where all students are taking their school lectures from national TV (and from various commericial ones) due to the emergency of this Corona-Virus.

But it's almost on the other hand like me back in teaching business of Physics and Maths at secondary School in Somalia in mid-1980s. Which was when I was hard-driving and "Qaldaan Teacher" according to some Wanlaweyn's idiot kids at one particular Secondary School called 15th May, which used to be in Wardhiigley's district of Mogadishu. Given that they used to find it a tad difficulty in actually in understanding my Northern's accents.

So, as bad luck would have for them I used to failed every freaking one of them (come the exam time) especially those who used to say that they don't understand my Qaldaan's accents or some such idiotic line of talk.

What a fun it was really to teach those snotty-nose kids, I must say.  

• Thanks 1

Tallaabo   

It is reported that the ministry of education is finalising plans to distribute learning material in solar powered tablets to tens of thousands of school children from the poorest families. I hope it helps. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

It is reported that the ministry of education is finalising plans to distribute learning material in solar powered tablets to tens of thousands of school children from the poorest families. I hope it helps. 

That is good news. 

This morning a second shipment of urgent medical supplies including protective gears and more ICU machines  have arrived. Also in today shipment includes a large Oxygen plant which is capable of generating enough oxygen supply for upto 500 people over a 24 hour period.

Pictures/video will come through soon. 

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne   

^^^^

Slowly and surely, as day follows night, we are getting our act together and getting prepare when it hit us hard, which it will do. So, getting all the necessary equipment in place and in hospitals or in all places in which those who are likely to be inflicted will be taken before it hits you, is really what will make all the difference in terms of the level and the number of the likely fatalities in which this virus will cause to your country. So it's good to have all of these necessary preparations along with the in-coming diagnostic testing lab that is coming long before that day.

Oodweyne   

It seems that a good turn of a helping hand from the UAE's government is what we have in here, indeed. 

And here below is the first group (50 in total) who finished their quarantine 14 days period in some fancy hotel on the outskirts of Hargeisa city, who were let go today after all of them had proven to be negative in COVID-19 virus by blood test and by nasal-and-throat swap-tube test.

Hence, since the government had foot the bill in their "self-isolation period", then let's have no more silly talk about how this is an "outrageous robbery" by the government of those who are forced to be quarantined by the government in these "designated holding places", which is what we used to hear around in here of SOL from some silly blighters or some of that sort.

Xukumada Somaliland Oo Fasaxday Dadkii La Karantiimeeyay

You Somalilanders and your dictator President are taking this thing too seriously.

You seem to be working under the assumption that the most advanced countries in the world, the HoA, who are technological behemoths and of course like Xabeshi politician liers and propagandists that already have medication for Corona virus...oh I have to stop.

Why can't you Somalilanders trust Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea that are super powers?

(Just pulling your legs, both one is not enough to make Oodweyne fall down).

Oodweyne   

^^^^^^

Lool, we in Somaliland understand the HoA very well. And more to the point, most countries are likely to be in a dire health-wise if this virus hit hard. Hence, it's best to rely on your ability (however small it may be, even it's inadequate) than to expect others will come to your rescue. Even if they are not malignantly-minded towards you, as some clearly are, such as some political outfits in this part of the world call HoA really are towards Somaliland. 

Its so interesting that Somaliland is the only entity that can show of doing something about Coronavirus.

All others are into making money and corruption already. They think Coronavirus is new cow to milk.

So arrogant in thinking the people will not hold them responsible for doing nothing.

In Ethiopia its complete lie and just fake propaganda.
In Eritrea its like Afwerki is Putin and Xi put together.
In Sudan blaming entities that do not have control
In Kenya fake movement of cars colored Coronavirus
In Somalia just volunteers of village elders district prominent people is the biggest movement, yet theese folks have no protection.

In Djibouti I am not going to snitch. Truth is in middle between Ethiopia and Somaliland. Got lots of help from China. Not bad.

Has President Bixi seen this? Maybe he is sweating over something that may not be that necessary if you listen to president of Belarus.

Don't be fooled though Belarus has already enough equipment and mobile hospital etc. They also have Russia there which the Belarus take advantage of by saying "we are union state so Russia should take care of all Belarus citizens around the world which Russia did...etc

“I once asked the question: is this pandemic, this coronavirus, a man-made phenomenon? I don’t know the answer yet, but I have my suspicions. Are politicians and others using this situation for their own purposes? You and I both know the answer to that question. You already see how it is used today…Doesn’t it seem to you that the powerful forces of the world would like to remake the world, without a ‘war’ (Emmanuel Macron has already called it a war), through this so-called ‘corona-psychosis’, or ‘info-demic’? Many people are asking: ‘what will happen after the pandemic?’” Lukashenko said, speaking to Mir TV in an interview airing Friday.

What will happen to us? Other countries will survive. Russia has oil and gas which the world including China needs. China is a huge, powerful economy. America has the [dollar] printing press – they’ve thrown in $2 trillion and plan to spend $2 trillion more. My friend [UN Secretary-General] Antonio Guterres, a sincere man, has proposed printing money worth ten percent of global GDP. Even as things are the dollar is gradually losing its value, and here it will just drop, giving rise to inflation. Where we will come out of this with our [Belarusian] ruble we know,” the president explained.

“Moreover, who will receive these $20 trillion? Where will this money end up? Will it not be a case of the rich getting richer, while the poor get poorer? I think it will.”

“We’ve been pushed to shut down and sit and eat through the small reserves we have. Even in Russia it cannot be said that its currency reserves are so large,” Lukashenko said.

“And then, having printed out this 10 percent of global GDP, those who stay on their feet will come to us and say ‘here is a little for you, but now you will do what we say’. That’s how the world can be reshaped,” he warned.