Tallaabo

A Coronavirus case is confirmed in Somalia

Sure WHO had sent test kits, but Somalia should ask for help from China and Russia right away.

Russia has distributed test systems to all Eurasia that were in Soviet Union.

China is already helping Iran and Italy and making a difference.

Somalia government should ask and pass it to regions straight directly without any political games including Al Shabab areas to extent possible.

Tallaabo   

I haven't got the slightest faith in any Somali leader of any region to do what is important for the people, so it is up to us to spread the message to people back home about the basics of this virus. Those of you who have access to the Somali media outlets, especially TV & radio stations should do their best to get the message across using those platforms. Also those of you who have large number of Somali followers or "friends" on the social media networks should do the same. Use the Somali language and terminology as much as possible. And of equally important is the use of visual art to illustrate the important points in the message. May Almighty Allah help us. 

Tallaabo   
On 3/17/2020 at 1:16 PM, Oodweyne said:

Tallaabo,

So, my friend, I see you don't trust on the whole - as far as you can throw - our very own "chief-virus-fighter", namely, Al-Mujaahid El-Presidente Mr Bihi, to kick this epidemic thingy to a touchdown? Even if such fight is actually beyond the well-functioning and highly developed nations of the West.

Hence if that is the case then let me say, at least as a joke, then that kind of talk strikes me as sort of a trite talk that could only be coming from a fellow who needs to spend some quality time in Mandhera's prison back in Somaliland. just so that he will have the chance for others to "tune-up" his "patriotic belief-system" and his "attachment fervor" to Somaliland. And such fine "tuning" should be done in a one or two sort of upward notch (as it were). 😂

Who knows you may even run into our Mr Galbeedi there (if he ever gets to Somaliland), given that he is probably the sort of a fellow who instead needs his "manliness" to be "tune-up" a bit, since he strikes me as a "basic coward" who is on the run from Awdal region of Somaliland to all the way to Cold Canada.😎

But all jokes aside, I do take your larger pertinent point about how this deeply contagion virus has the potential to devastate our poor people back home if a deep and urgent precautionary and preventative actions are not effectively taken there as soon as possible. For that is the only thing, or at least the most sensible thing, in which we could recommend for our people back home under the prevailing dire circumstances of this world-wide epidemic.

Mudane Oodweyne, I agree the president has started doing something but it he has just woken up to the scale of danger facing our people. He probably got a serious warning and instructions from the WHO. 

Anyway, a competent leader would have sorted our most of the problems Somaliland faces today in dealing with Covid-19 such as crowded markets and basic hygiene. The people are as poor as the way he described precisely because he has no plans or the knowledge to develop our country's economy. And as you know, the economy will not develop without first developing the basic structures of the society starting with the rule of law and good governance. 

Anyway, now it is too late for these fancy ideals like the "rule of law" so let us hope that an effective and cheap to produce vaccine will be found before Covid-19 reaches our poor communities. 

Tallaabo   

I think it is really important to close all the mosques to all the congregational prayers including the Friday prayer. The Friday prayer can be conducted outdoors whilst putting significant distance between individual worshippers and thoroughly managing crowd movements. Somalis should use their brains for once and be creative to deal with this serious challenge.