Sign in to follow this  
Yusufaddie

Knock Knock!!

Aaliyyah   

Che lool no one is stealing me away....wax waalan

anyways, what makes medical schools in the Caribbeans attractive is that they have the same curriculum as the states. Thus, when you finish your two years there, there's a good chance that you would do the other two years in the states...and then residency...

I don't about asia? I don't think I wanna go there. I know few people who went to china...bt I think thats taking huge chance...and you will have hard time later writing the examination here as the two systems might be different...bt then anyone who works hard will succeed...

Duke I kept hearing about cuba...so I will google it and see what I can find about it. But, seriously is the place stable political wise?...

salaam

Oh good-we were gonna send a search party-not Aaliyah...loool

Just South Asia-Pakistan and India that's. Pakistan is not safe now but it has good schools like Aga Khan Medical collage. India has several good schools and they are all English medium schools.

Even South East Asia, Malaysia and Indonesia will be worthy a look.

I guess Carib is good as long as you know what you are doing!

Aaliyyah   

thanks but I don't think I wanna study in Asia...maybe Europe or Australia...laakin lacag qayra caadi ah baa ka xigta ..maybe I can win the lottery lol..

salaam

STOIC   

Aaaliya,

I knew Paki friends from undergraduate who went to Medical school in the Caribeans.I assume they do two years there and then there rotations in New York or Florida.I don't have their contacts.I assume if you join Muslim student Association groups from Ross University on FB will help.I think it is a good route as long as you are willing to burst your *** and rock that USMLE step one and get a spot in American hospital...

One of my best friend (who is a Somali) is finishing his surgery residency.He did go to medical school here in the states.He explained it to me that at the end of the day is how competent you are that separates you from the pack.....Goodluck you will never regret your decision if you ever decide to pursue the medicine career!

Enjoy this video

Aaliyyah   

^Thank you stoic for the post I truly appreciate it and yeah I kept reading that from their forums that at the end of the day you are a doctor it doesn't matter where you pursued its all about your clinical knowledge and how good you are at what you do..

Inshallah if you can get me the contact info of your friends that would be awesome so i can ask them abt their personal experience...

One of my best friend (who is a Somali) is finishing his surgery residency.He did go to medical school here in the states.He explained it to me that at the end of the day is how competent you are that separates you from the pack.....Goodluck you will never regret your decision if you ever decide to pursue the medicine career!

Did your Somali friend did his rotation in the states and the first two year in the Caribbeans? or he did his whole four years in the states and was just talking the Caribbeans schools in terms of what he heard??!!!

salaam

Jacpher   

Good luck Caaliya. Make sure they are listed in the WHO directory and teach in English. Also check the passing rate of their graduates. I think Ross is one of the best ones but may be a bit more expensive.

Waryaa Stoic Volunteer couple of months at Amoud University while you are still broke. I know you are not going back once big dope comes rolling in.

We will sign petition asking Mrs. Stoic to ok it :D

Good luck Aaliyah-you seem to have good head on your shoulders.Insha,Allah it will work out for you.

NinBrown   

Some people who go to the Caribbean schools even come to the UK to do their clinical rotations. Seen some students from St Georges university Grenada.

http://www.sgu.edu/

I think where ever you study medicine as long you can speak good English and have a good basic grounding, you will do well in postgraduate training everywhere (Europe or US).

STOIC   

Che, Its a noble idea.A group of student from my school go and do some volunteer in Haiti every year, but too bad Somalia is considered unsafe place for these rosy-cheek American student doctors......It is actually she-who-must-be-obeyed idea to one day open some kind of a volunteer clinic in Somalia where her parents are moving back for retirement (She is in a health care business herself)...I have few good friends that are Somali professional that can help if the opportunity arises....