Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Somalia coach resigned to losing

Rokko   

I read bout this and was chatting with a Ghanaian friend last night on the subject of the game. Despite the fact that I had to support those Somali brothers for playing or trying at least, I told my friend that they didn't play with a National team who represented Somalia as a whole but instead a one of the warlord’s team.

Not that I'm not in favor of that team but in reality, there's no such thing as unified national team. I also don’t’ understand how the Olympic or FIFA permit a number of individual put themselves to represent a nation with no central government.

Bachelor   

Certainly, despite all the circumstantial problem Somali population faces, they are doing a great job. The other day I saw the Somali team on Fox sport “Football Mondiall” program. They play well but as we all know they guys lack a great deal of financial and moral support. Most of them were physically weak, in comparison of the West African players. INSHA ALLAH one day we will be a winner.

Gediid   

Bachelor & Mobb

Past or present Somali national teams are more used to losing than winning, with government or no government.I haven't heard of a Somali team winning anything..As a kid my dad took me to one of the East and Central Africa cups in Nairobi and the Somalis were there alright but at the very bottom of the standings.I'm just surprised that this coach makes it sound like Somali national teams used to win in the past.