Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

So, How many Women here...

Baashi   

Seriously I'm wondering why my women colleagues don't even notice let alone celebrate this day. Why? I've been doing xamaali for sometimes now and never have I ever seen my coworkers acknowledge this day. There must be a reason.

BOB = Shillings :D Maxaa ii keentay :D

BOB   

Originally posted by Ahura:

You will never do
what
, exactly?

Come to my Kingdom and I will explain to you everything you ever wanted to know about me and what I think of this so-called “Women’s Dayâ€!

Abaayo Ahura...I don’t need inaan barto waxey tahay xuquuqda dumarka ee dumarka naftigooda ayaa ubaahan iney bartaan xuquuqdooda and I don’t need to acknowledge the women in my life only one day in the entire year..for me I celebrate women’s day everyday by honouring and respecting those in my life and those I come in contact with including those who are faceless friends like yourself.

I would like to believe our mothers were feminists in their own way by not only being the fundamental and the backbone of the family but also the pillar of strength for our fathers yet we never heard or saw them challenging their husbands…but today.. for example.. just look at yourself and how you are being rude and disrespectful towards us yet the funny thing is.. you don’t know me from Adam. Not that I am asking you to respect me or be kind to me...not at all.

Women’s rights isn’t about women’s liberation and women’s liberation isn’t about wearing trousers and smoking cigarettes and drinking like fish and wearing almost nothing and sleeping around (just because Men do it all the time) and behaving un-lady like in public.. it’s about respecting YOURSELF first and being proud of who you are..then maybe men will learn to respect the women folks because remember.. no man alive will ever bother to respect you unless you (woman) respect yourself by being a Lady first and foremost!

PS. Happy Women’s Day.

Peace,Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by Baashi:

BOB = Shillings
:D
Maxaa ii keentay
:D

Abaa hilib Qubo aa xaafada ii taalo.. drop by sometimes and have a bite just to relive the Good Old Days and celebrate Women's Day :D:D

Peace,Love & Unity.

Baashi   

Considering what woman had gone through in recent history women's day is legit. It is about awareness of an issue of great importance. But somehow for professional kinds it is just another day in the office...at least that's what i noticed.

Qubo kulahaa...waraa ha iga matajin bil axsaanak. BOB maxaa xaafada jadeeco maa lagu sheegay. Hilib qubo yaab uu leeyahay sxb. Baajuunta waa karinee maanta dhan hadana markii la dhaho waa bislaaday wali waa dhaqdhaqaaqe or as my granda ma used to say dubaaxinaysaa. Very strange fish :D Annaga daba-dabeey :D maraqeed aa isku fiirin jirnay :D

P.S. Meeshii iyadda ahayd waa soo socdaa yaah.

Excuse me BOB, but who asked you about your take on women's rights? Not I, and certainly not the original poster. This topic isn't about what you think of feminism or whatever twisted idea you have of the women who don't conform to your notions of how a woman or 'lady' should behave. Your opinion on this is a dime a dozen. Every faarax has them and I have heard it all before.

I'm glad you feel that you celebrate Women's Day every day by being respectful and honourable to your women-folk. That's great. Here is a lollipop for your Herculian effort. However, honour and respect mean nothing without action. Women's Day isn't confined to the women in your family or the 'faceless friends' you meet, it's about ALL women.

International Women's Day is a Global Day (cue the 'International'). It's for drawing attention to the struggles of women and providing a better quality of life for them, whether they are Muslim, Christian or Hindu, Russian, Angolan or Finish. It's about female solidarity and sisterhood. If these are not concepts you understand, you are excused.

Oh, dear. I think I have been 'rude' and 'disrespectful' again. I'm so NOT my mother. :rolleyes:

STOIC   

Ahura, You are not rude , but you do come out like a realtor who inveigles people into buying houses that they don't need.Men are not conscienceless pigs....... Inoo tartiibi huunoo :D

Stoic,

I don't know man... Ahura gives off an air of stonehearted, meanspirited viragos. Sorta like those sadistically cruel nuns popularly epitomized in Hollywood movies. Perhaps a stones throw away from a full-fledged dominatrix. redface.gif

STOIC   

^^^^I hope those words will be a harmless blank shells to Ahura, or else she will come back with some raining bomb shells....Its a joke Ahura...We love you :D

Just pick a day and celebrate whatever you like eh?

March 11th mark your calendar

it is "Iskaabulo day" yes all the iskaabulo' that day they can get discount on their rent' makhaayada will have all u can eat buffet. yes.

Dont worry you dont have to clean ur one room studio- just spray it with a airfresher. and if you have a roommate' spray your area.

Xaliimos if they are not iskaabulo, have to refrain from visiting tommorow' it is very serious.

ONCE AGAIN- TOMMOROW IS ISKAABULO DAY!!!

All the laundaries are 25Cents a wash- sponsored by smelly socks foundation.

Laba-X   

Excuse me BOB, but who asked you about your take on women's rights? Not I, and certainly not the original poster

...Ahura, bal yara is deji walaal! Hadalkuna dadkoo dhan ayuu u furanyahaye ha xukumin!

honour and respect mean nothing without action.

...Dumarku iyagaa is dhigay maanta meeshay yaalaan. If you want honour and respect - you've gotta earnthem! After all, nowadays it seems like they are only here to be used as mere commodities and/or to fulfil men's lustful desires!

Naden   

Dumarku iyagaa is dhigay maanta meeshay yaalaan.

And where exactly is that?

.. If you want honour and respect - you've gotta earnthem! After all, nowadays it seems like they are only here to be used as mere commodities and/or to fulfil men's lustful desires!

Those are the only two uses you see for them?. You need to stop going up and down whatever passes for a red district in your town ;) . This generic talk of honour and respect is nauseating. Why don't you come out and say what is it you'd like women to do to earn that honour and respect? Unless you want them to liberate themselves of skirts and make-up like some others.

Laba-X   

Originally posted by naden:

And where exactly is that?

...That is a question that needs not an answer!

naden also said:

Those are the only two uses you see for them?. You need to stop going up and down whatever passes for a red district in your town
;)
. This generic talk of honour and respect is nauseating. Why don't you come out and say what is it you'd like women to do to earn that
honour and respect
? Unless you want them to liberate themselves of skirts and make-up like some others.

...Naden, you need to stop addressing this to me as if it were personal, and this Red Light district jab is not amusing either.

As of what i'd like them to do - the questioned doesn not have the authority to decide what a woman should or shouldn't do!

Naden   

That is a question that needs not an answer!

More like has not an answer.

Naden, you need to stop addressing this to me as if it were personal

Who said it was personal? I don't know you from Faraax. Follow through with the previous lame response or shut up.