Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

So, How many Women here...

I completely forgot about it. It only occurred to me on my way home that the 8th was IWD. How embarrassing. And to think I used to be so active when I was in Uni. Full-time work does nothing for your interests.

I think the media is partly to blame. I didn't see much in the papers which is probably why it passed me so silently. Such a shame. Not sure what happened to all the press releases and campaigns that used to mark the day. It also seems a bit strange that we were hearing about reports and initiatives regarding the gender pay gap only a few weeks ago. Why did they not save them for IWD? It would have been better timing.

Next year I'A. Maybe some of the SOL sisters could organise events? I would attend a shiisha and faarax bashing session. Nah, I is messing.

Intrestinng Xaliimoz of the world have a day for themselves have a day for themselves ..

now i campgain for International Farah day ... 8th January i say.

Ahura the EU did mark it with some press releases on women managers and pay gap .. suprise suptise Germany was one of the bottom ones .. shows if u want a strong economy leave it to the boys ...

Laba-X   

It also seems a bit strange that we were hearing about reports and initiatives regarding the gender pay gap only a few weeks ago. Why did they not save them for IWD? It would have been better timing.

...Yeah i read those. Funny thing how women excel in almost all areas of education in comparison to men, achieve higher grades than men, but when it comes to wages they earn but a tiny fraction!

The very argument, though, of there being any inquality between the sexes is questionable i say!

Originally posted by Ahura:

I completely forgot about it. It only occurred to me on my way home that the 8th was IWD. How embarrassing. And to think I used to be so active when I was in Uni. Full-time work does nothing for your interests.

I think the media is partly to blame. I didn't see much in the papers which is probably why it passed me so silently. Such a shame. Not sure what happened to all the press releases and campaigns that used to mark the day. It also seems a bit strange that we were hearing about reports and initiatives regarding the gender pay gap only a few weeks ago. Why did they not save them for IWD? It would have been better timing.

Next year I'A. Maybe some of the SOL sisters could organise events? I would attend a shiisha and faarax bashing session. Nah, I is messing.

Horaa waxaa loo yiri, "wax la is faro fariid laguma noqdo." Marka awalba reer galbeed ku dayasho ayey kaa aheyde, maadan rabin inaad maalinta dumarka caleemaha u ruxdid! Mideeda kale, waxaan ku qoslayaa dumarka Sanadkaas oo dhan hal maalin laga siiyay, oo la leeyahay intaas ayaa xushmad ugu filan!

:D

BOB   

Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

miyaad u dooday xaquuqda Dumarka?

Waa maxay Xuquuqda dumarka? if you mean the western ideology then i am sorry i will never do that..because i can't help create another Ayaan Xirsi...

Feminism ala West= turn women into men!

Peace,Love & Unity.

BoB? even a conservative one on our side!! Rageedii soo dhawoow, adeer. The funny thing is the name bob and Usam's icon is inconcievable to appear from the same window! lol

BOB   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

The funny thing is the name bob and Usam's icon is inconcievable to appear from the same window! lol

it's a long story but i will try to keep it simple and short Insha Allah...

First and foremost I wasn't trying to be funny at all though because i was told many times that i didn't have any sense of humour at all..

about the name.. BOB isn't Marley ( though i used to like his music back in the day when i used to LOVE music but Alxamdulillaah now i can't stand music and stopped wasting my time and my few cents on that filth)!

There is another famous BOB who also happens to be called Robert and that is Mugabe and they both have nothing to do with why i chose this name but instead it has everything to do with my Sijui cousin whom i grew up admiring so much and his nickname is BOB..now in Nairobi..especially in Eastleigh people speak slang and that's where BOB comes in which means 1 Shilling...so if my cousin was from Somalia his nickname would've been Cusmaan Shilin...

and about Osama.. i admire him as he is the only Muslim and Arab man on the face of the earth today with BALLS..and my admiration for him got nothing to do with Al Qaeda and 9/11 (i believe he had nothing to do with it even though he said it that he has just to make few ignorant souls like me hail him as a Hero)...

PS. No need to thank me for my troubles my brother...know YOU ARE WELCOME.

Peace,Love & Unity.

-Lily-   

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

P.S. German economy has been slipping for almost a decade now.

Originally posted by BOB:

Waa maxay Xuquuqda dumarka? if you mean the western ideology then i am sorry i will never do that..because i can't help create another Ayaan Xirsi...

You will never do what, exactly? Horta inamadan maxaa ku khaldan? Western ideology iyo Ayaan xirsi maxaa meesha keenay? Hadaad rabtid inaad ogaato waxay tahay International Women's Day iyo siday ku timid, orodoo google-garee, hadii kalena maskaxda madhan iyo yuuska nagala tag.

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Horaa waxaa loo yiri, "wax la is faro fariid laguma noqdo." Marka awalba reer galbeed ku dayasho ayey kaa aheyde, maadan rabin inaad maalinta dumarka caleemaha u ruxdid! Mideeda kale, waxaan ku qoslayaa dumarka Sanadkaas oo dhan hal maalin laga siiyay, oo la leeyahay intaas ayaa xushmad ugu filan!

A-U, nacnacdii horeba dab loo waa. Nabadey.

STOIC   

In honor of women's day I have attended last night a LGBT confrence .Before you came up with the wild idea of having to think that I am a supporter of the Lesbian and Gay community let me clarify that the talk was about the Palestinian women uprising (Intifada).These women have hold and never give up the hopes of their future.The Palestinian women have learnt to line up their ducks under the difficult situation of cultural pressure and Israeli occupation.The Palestinian woman have proven what the cosmic world have inscribed in us: Inside are the things we can control; outside it lies the thing we can't.Today Palestinian women are part of the wariors that are fighting for their rights from the Israeli occupation.They have trully compassion for their course.Hooray For the Palestinian woman!!!