ayaanle2134

change needed in somaliland

first of all i wanna say that i was born and raised in hargeisa, growing i always hated how some of our people tried so hard to be arabs but what they dont know is that arabs hate somalis. i personally experienced this when i when to saudi arabia as somali people are constantly called african go back to your country. one time a friend told me about a story of him that happened to him, he came late to prayer so some him and his freinds decided to do jamac on their own and this arab guy said he would lead, so he lead but it turns his quran was poor and and the somali guy exited prayer and told him let me lead instead but the arab guy told him that he is african and cant lead him. theres more examples which i would rather not talk about enough of that and back to somaliland i think that our flag doesn't represent somali people why it looks too arab as theres the arabic language all over it instead of our own language even on our emblems its arabic and english and no somali which is very embaressing. which i wish would be changed and am not saying that we should take the shahada of the flag but what am saying is we should write it in our language or use the emblem that is on other muslim countries flags like pakistan and turkey.... i would like you to post alternative flags somaliland should use. here is mine 

• Like 1

gooni   

My dear brother 
Arabs never hate somalis,and when it comes prayer he knows if he has discrimination in his heart, his salad not acceptable, so why he waste his time in a mosque?

There is everywhere discriminations, wealth,colour,different religions, education,culture,power, and even if you drive an old car.

There is condition when you lead the prayers 

First...
You shoud know yourself more taqwa.

May be there is one man in the back line who is better than you, so look the people and ask who can be lead the prayers, this time your not looking white colour black or yellow we all stand front of allah with all colours.

Our back home we have more discrimination than arabs normal life.

Let me know if your don't understand my little eglish i will  try another language.

• Like 1

i didnt say that the shahada belongs to the arabs but what i said was it should be written in somali as the country belongs to somali people first and arabic is not apart of our culture. i hope you get my point 

i dont get why the somali people hate on darkskin and other african people. ill tell you a story of me and my cousin we where playing a game of fifa when sadio mane a senegalese player scored a goal and ooh the big nosed black guy scored in racist way so i told him why are calling him why dont you look at yourself as he was infact darker than sadio mane and he told me dont compare me to this african and i told him many somalis are darkskined and he told no we have brown skin. so can someone please explain why the somali people worship white skin and hate darksin, another time i was watching this youtube video of a somali guy interviewing the somali community and asked them if they were arabs or african most people said they were arabs and the he asked them why there skin was black and they started saying that its because of the religion and somesaid its because of the sun which really dumb the somali people not all arent comfortable in their owns skin. 

some somali people say we are not african because we dont look like other africans but what these people dont know is there is diffrent types of people in africa know as bantu, cushite, nilote, semite, they all look diffrent to each other some darker than others and some lighter, bantus are know to have dark skin nilotes are known to have a very darkskin and very tall people one of the tallest people on earth and cushite are the group where somalis come under along side the oromos and the bejas and other people so i hate when somalis say our ancestors where arabs and i dont agree with it. if you dont agree with me feel free to try and change my opinion on this

talking about the subject of the flag is a flag represents the culture language and religion of a country its a rectangle which a person see it it tells a whole story about the country the only one i see in our flag is showing religion not only religion but an arabic country which i dont appreciate if its about the religion it should show the shahada in somali or we can use the emblem of the islamic religion. if you dont agree with me please feel free to try and change my mind. in conclusion i dont hate arabs or arabic i just want to promote the somali culture the somali people the somali people

Dhaqaale   
5 hours ago, ayaanle2134 said:

some somali people say we are not african because we dont look like other africans but what these people dont know is there is diffrent types of people in africa know as bantu, cushite, nilote, semite, they all look diffrent to each other some darker than others and some lighter, bantus are know to have dark skin nilotes are known to have a very darkskin and very tall people one of the tallest people on earth and cushite are the group where somalis come under along side the oromos and the bejas and other people so i hate when somalis say our ancestors where arabs and i dont agree with it. if you dont agree with me feel free to try and change my opinion on this

😂 Somalis are wondering nomadic barbarians looking for water and grass to feed their goats and camels. Somalis are nobodies not even their language has a written text to explain what a Somali is. They say they are not African because they feel it makes them feel better about themselves. When in truth they are worst off than an African. This is the truth. 

• Like 1