Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

utube somali classic songs

king_450   

All this time, S-online still is a backward site, why on earth you can't post -Utube, Google,Etc in this site, you guys need to upgrade this site ,you getting very old and backward.

still don't allow embeded stuff.

Urban   

Thanks for the songs.. I like Shumey in particular, does anyone have the translation of it please?

And I didn't know fatima Qasim looked like that back in the day.. wow. Quite different to the old and big lady I've met a few times in the 90s.

Originally posted by Cara:

Luul Jeylaani

hey Cara, me and you.. it just can't happen i'm sorry.

Cara.   

Val, I really like this one of Saado Cali.

One thing, the comments on the YouTube video are suggesting this song had a siyaasad subtext (the person who said it was anti-kacaan made me laugh). Does anyone know what that is?

Urban, come on, we can work something out. One weekend you break my heart, the next week I return the favor. Then we can listen to the song on a loop and sigh a lot.

I once posted this, let me repost it, a classic masterpiece hees daadis in ruwaayadda Rafaad iyo Raaxo, and from the one and the only Iikar Jeesto, Eebba ha u naxariistee.

Ma hurdee

Har iyo habeen

Adigaa i horjoogtidee

I hoggaami

Adaan kuu soo noqdee

--------

Jaceyl ma i maheysidee

Halkoo kale waa helaysaa

Kuuma raad qabee... [Eesh caleeg.]

Can anybody guess who that lovely singer is [i know she is lip-singing]? She looks, especially in that dirac, pretty lovely. ;)

Loooooooool@ cara. Adigaaba iga sii qosliyey more than that comment.

Anti-Kacaan basically were those agaist siyaad Barre goverment.

some say it was meant for france becouse somalia gained it's independancy from British and Italian goverment.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Willamina:

Absolute all time classic would have to be
Allah ha u naxariisto

Xalay duruusti lay dhigey! :D . Willimina, this happens to be one of my favs. A song so laden yet so playfully sung ;) . Lately, there is a xaax! young lady who sings this song - though she can't match.

There is only one song by Magool that I like more than this one (not available on youtube though) is ... Webiyo Isu Ooman. Just makes me..urm...oh heck.

Back to the topic; talking about classics, how about '

'? Check out Feynuus :D and those Saado dancing moves lool. I mean, c'mon ...she reminds me nirig buubtay smile.gif .

Cara, it's an emotive song, but I can't get over diracaa. Qaabdaro.com.

I don't know about this particular song, but some of her other songs were anti-kacaan. A lot of fanaans were involved in that in the latter part of the 80s.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
Isseh:

Xalay duruusti lay dhigey!
:D
. Willimina, this happens to be one of my favs. A song so laden yet so playfully sung
;)
. Lately, there is a xaax! young lady who sings this song - though she can't match.

There is only one song by Magool that I like more than this one (not available on youtube though) is ...
. Just makes me..urm...oh heck.

I have come across this site (you can download the songs too smile.gif ), not sure if this is Young Lady you're talking about? smile.gif It also has Xalay Durustii la ii dhigay (with a more modern beat) and Webiyo isu Ooman

Paragon   

^^Thanks for the link, Willy. No, the lady I am talking about isn't that one. Here is her singing briefly - foward to 00:32. Damn, that smile! I am in love now :D .

Paragon   

^^War noooo! Lol. War aniga yarta heeseysa ayaan u tilmaamayaa Willimina.

Salla calaa nabi, maxaa niiko i jeclaysiiyey? Waa ku sidee ina adeer ? smile.gif

Laba-X   

xaasha ina adeer - dee adaa soo post gareeyey oo meesha noogu soo daabacaye.

Ma nin walasaqo is wareejineysoo is walaaqeysa arkayaa mid kale smilekeeda u jeeda?