Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

A Holiday in Somaliland!

RedSea   

loool...NG saaxib the only thing you should worry about is apearing too western, but again somaliland is not the same somaliland. They have become accustomed to western culture so even if you put on shorts(on or below the knees), then they wouldn't care asking or telling you what not. You should expect to be teased and asked many questions as well.

The hardest part I'd say is trying to satisfy every relative of yours. If you have no relatives or friends back home, then this trip will be very smooth and buuq free.

Good luck and have a wonderful time at back home saaxib.

ps. In burco or cerigabo, I wouldnt recommend you to be strolling around late nightI(tuug ayaa soo batay) but in Hargeisa, you're pretty much safe. You can do as you wish, just carry a budh just in case ay niic kuula yimaadaan darbi jiifku. :D

nuune   

^^^ I am in Hargeisa right now, and everything seems alright, apart from each party running dirty campaign against each other and da blame game!!

Nephissa   

Mannn, nuune's in Somalia??? when did you leave, nuunka?

Get me a souvenir please, I want shanlo-loox! pls..pls, weligay kuma iloobaayi if you ge me one.. :Dsmile.gif

nuune   

Ayoub, inaad dacaayadeeneyso duq Ngonge waan ogaa carabeetiga :D

Nephisa, lool, iyo waliba ku darso xeero, hangool(qofkii kaa soo hor baxo wajiga kaga dhufo smile.gif )

bishy, haa waan joogaa wadankii

Nehanda   

NG- are u for real? Do you know that there are malls in Somaliland?

The food taste better, the air is fragrant, the majority of the people are hospitable and would start a conversation with you. There are hardly any mugging since everyone know each other. I suggest that you leave the shorts behind since you are going to a Muslim country unless you can brave the tirade of dhaganxaliss that will probably come your way as soon as you land. If you do not want to stand out

1) wear maxawiis and carry a bokorad

2) learn your abtariis

3) talk firm

4) learn some mahmah

Oh, try and visit the villages.

nuune   

^^^ :D:D Shaah beele shalay waxaan ka qadeeyay Dalxiis, intaan tagey Hadhwanaag restaurant markii hore bey yiraahdeen hilib waa dhamaadey, dooro mooyee, dooro Europe baan uga soo cararey :D

Waryaa baadh PM, soo meesheydi Gargaar lalama wareegin, in kastoon shaah xalay ka cabey xilli danbe baqdin iyo orod baa ka dhacayey magaalada dhan baa qasneed :D

Magaaladu waa qasantahay wallee, JB adigu xafiiskaaga haka soo bixin anu tasaawiir baan qaadayaa jeelka ha i dhigaanee

NGONGE   

^^ You would want me to go with all the current tension in that place? How much do you hate me, woman? :D