Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

A Holiday in Somaliland!

^ My parents always made such a big fuss about going on holidays while we were growing up - everywhere we wanted to go was restricted by VISA and it become entrenched in the minds of my younger sisters. So when we decided to go to Somalia/land or were thinking of the idea, my sister asked in the most genuine of tone and concern to my dad 'But aabo, dont we need a Visa, we cant just go'. My parents felt bad for not teaching them more about our country since then...

NG, just go! I'm actually tired of you going back and forth on the subject. But please, unless you absolutely have to, dont speak Soomaali - I assure you, you will get mercilessly picked on and taunted when you pronounce (i) as (en) :D

NGONGE   

^^ Somali is easy, dear. Most people actually don't listen to what one says. They just look at your facial expressions and the sounds you make. So, as long as I flail my hands about, grunt here and there and pull faces I reckon I'll be ok.

Being the contrary man that I always am, I actually expect to find the Somalis in Somaliland to be more civilised than the ones I regularly meet in London. Anything different will be a pleasent surprise.

JB,

Meet me at what airport? I got myself a hopeless advisor and he is telling me to go to Berbara airport and then take a bus all the way to H town! I am a carab boy, people. Adventure is not my thing. Meel raaxo laga helo ii tilmaama.

Aaliyyah   

NG walaal it's easy to learn somali, but don't ever think you can understand somalis by just looking @ their gestures. sometimes the gestures have nothing to do with the topic at hand, they are just to smooth the conversation..ya ku dhaha orad somaliga sii baro...

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Well don't say I didn't warn you when you miscommunicate with them and get yourself in trouble....

mid aa ku dhahaya mathalan gabadheeda ku siinaya....but since you are only paying attention to his gestures you will think he said otherwise and go " haye adeeer dhib ma leh"..hahahaha

salaam

Aaliyyah   

lol that was a simple example I made to make a point. But, eventually you will miscommunicate if you just pay attention 2 the person's gestures.

I read it again ..it says I know different. So, you think you know different...we will see :)

I say enrol in somali classes now before you head there adeer...

salaam

NGONGE   

^^ NO. The one before that, silly. My reply to Serenity. Grrrrr!

I was talking about ME making the gestures and grunts. Not them.

NGONGE   

^^ Dee I told you I know enough to keep me going. Plus I have a loox face that will probably enjoy most of the misunderstandings. I am actullay looking forward to that. Aniga ha ii biqin, masaakiinta hargeisa joogta i ducee. :D

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Talk about daqan Ceelis!!! I am sure there is an age restriction! NG is beyond redemption!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg:

I wanna go to hargeisa too, i hear its very liberal and the women are beautiful.

There are visa restriction on your type!!!
Listen you queen of england worshipping clown, I can go to anywhere in somalia without any restrictions and there is not a damn thing you can do about it moron.

STOIC   

Ngonge,

I think I read somewhere you are leaving april.I don't have any advice for you-never been to the place.As I requested before please update your blog on your experience with the motherland. I think you will not have a problem with internet or else how does JB log-in to SOL 24hrs? Safe trip and please don't be like that Canadian fool asking kids how life is in Canada?

quote:Originally posted by -MARX-:

Talk about daqan Ceelis!!! I am sure there is an age restriction! NG is beyond redemption!!!

quote:

I wanna go to hargeisa too, i hear its very liberal and the women are beautiful.

There are visa restriction on your type!!!
Listen you queen of england worshipping clown, I can go to anywhere in somalia without any restrictions and there is not a damn thing you can do about it moron.
I think you will prefer Garowe a little better. More welcoming for you :D

Ngonge, I have a link to get you in the mood for Somaliland. It's not as brill as the last one but its memory might cheer you up when u're in Burco and and under siege. PM, check. smile.gif