Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

WADCI Somali Film

Khayr   

Salams,

Waryadha!

Anyone seen this movie. I watched this movie last night. Xasoostee dhalkanee ba eesoogalay.

The theater was huge and the crowd was large.

I went to the early show last night and the crowd was Lively!!!

Let me tell you this, Ain't No Crowd like a Somalian Crowd. We are ghettttto to the last letter and were not afraid to bum rush the floor

and stampede over others. LOL

The movie as usual started late. Let's say 1hr later than it was suppose to start.

Islammahana they were Wildin' Out. Hustling to get to the front of the crowd by Any Means Necessary. So as the door opened up, the stampede began and every one was for themselves to catch a seat.

I'm loving it cause I haven't seen so many somalis at one place feeling so good before 12am ;)

The lights become dim and the movie credits come on. The somali music is turned on and starts to blast in into your earns, entering into every ones veins.

The crowd is singing and clapping right along.

$10 for all this and I've already got my money's worth and the movie hasn't begun yet.

The movie beguns and its constant laughs from start to finish. Not because the movie is funny but because of everyones reactions and comments.

Everyone is a director in the theater and yelling at the screen telling the actor what to do

'Dhogkun ya hoo, Run for your life' one girl beside me yells loudly.

When there is an action seen or a song and dance routine in the movie the crowd gets up and is clubbing and licking shots in the air. LOL!!!

Money paid for movie $10

Money spent for popcans that were smuggled

into the movie $3-$4

The atompshere- A++.

The Memory and Nostaligic feeling-

PRICELESS!!! :D

COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU!

Iffah   

Salaams..

Khayr,

You summed it up well... :D

The movie was funny though...you have to give credit.

I'll get back to you later...gotta do some studying

:(

Man what is this movie and where they playing? I can not wait to see and laugh.. Somali movie in somali language lol..that is gonna be funny.

C'mon somebody please tell me the name of this movie..

NoVa   

oh my goooodnesss...ya so right'..the atmosphere was greattttttttt...A+++++...it was such a good timing too..since it was EID week...i need to take my stress out a lil bitttttttt...i seen it on the second night, Sat. Night...my crew and i went there'..it was great..alot of ppl were there, both old' school's and new school's..from dhalinyaro to habrooyin to odayaal duq xataa wey joogeen..lol

Kaale Khayra what are u the promoter of the movie?? lollll ..like Illyhaam said, u summed up the whole thing into a paragraph. Walaahi, ur so right on one thing, we were there at 11, and the movie haven't started till one hour later. It was suppost to start at 11:30 but haven't started till 12:30. Typical somali's lol nothing ever gets prepare on time. Man', the dance part was offffffff the hoooooooooook...Gave propz 2 all of em'. It was a pure joke from the start..goodness we the crazies crowd eva to be brought in a theatre.

For those Peeps who haven't seen the movie yet. The movie's called WADCI and it was made in Somalia. It was playing in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in this past Friday and Saturday at Albion Mall (Located at Finch and Albion). I didn't know some of the actors that were in it, but i heard if i'm not mistaking that one of the old man in the movie was Awkooke or Awkoombe something like that. I'm not sure yet, and also I believe Oday Cabdule or something like that was also in it. The story line was good till the end of the movie. Where u just sit there blank at ur seat and wonder why did it had to end like that. Which i don't want to spoil, but i just couldn't figure it out if they were trying to make a statement or not.

I hope it gets played out in major cities like ohio, mpls, sd and london, that got a lot of mollies..it's pure shactiro socoto nooh, so hope inuu ni soo gaaro. I'm out like dawaco qandho qabatay.

P.S. Illyhaam nayaaaaaaaa u missed the biggestttttttt party' at my place...and where is my EId Gift??? u won't believe what I got.lol.. i'm still waitin' my gift thou..it betta be ready by this friday..Luck with ya exams girly. Wun!

Salaan...

How did I miss this movie? Darn! I thought I had a connection in Toronto to know even when a pin drops, but now I might change my inside 'source.' :D

Anyway, this is the movie that got the five stars those people are talking about:

somali_film2.jpg

And guess what? Judging from the ad., it has one of the finest shactirooliyaal, including Maki Xaaji Banaadir [the guy with the koofiyad barawaani on the large picture}, Awkuuku {Ilaah ha u naxariisto, third from the left} iyo Odey Cabdulle {second from the left}

By the way, Ilhaan and Nova, wee inoo talaa. Mala isku sheegaayo yaah, waji kaakiyaal waaxidiin???!!! 16_angry.gif16_angry.gif16_angry.gif :mad:

Iffah   

waji kaakiyaal waaxidiin???...Maxaa tiri?? loool

You weren't there? Beenta maxaa loo sheega hee? I saw you there...weren't you the one jumping up and clapping everytime the niiko came on? :D:D

Novaaa...Party?? when & why wasn't I informed? Bas waaye... I'll take your gift back...maybe I'll give it to MMA to make up for not telling him about the Film. icon_razz.gif

Anyways.... 3 down 1 to go.Yaay! How's it going for you?

I'll see ya soon insha allah!

Honesita   

THE MOVIE WAS THE BOOOOOOOOOMB...!!!

But it was so sad not a lot of pple came.....and i guess it was due to the lack of advertisement.......not a lot of pple knew about it.....!!! I luved the story and the way they were actin' it was hellerious.....the scenes were a bit long, and the endin' left me like 'okeey'...!!! But i guess it meant 'this is how life is in somalia today', which is very sad...!!!

I wonder where was it shot at....cuz that place was sure pretty.....!!!

Salaamz

NoVa   

Maskiin @@waji' kaakiyaal kuye..lol..how's it going?? long time no see and speaking of the movie u missed one of the helerious somali riwayads eva man..for real i heard on Eid day'...couple friends told' me'..and that's how i found out...but good thing i cought upon while the show was going on..it was tight lol..every Xaliimo and Farah were there...but sorry u had to missssss..it's all good thought from now on i' be ya source's on the 411..lol

Illy'woman lool' ya being smocking 2 much thangs that's why ya wasn't informed..na woman u never picked ya damn phone dats why..shukaansilee ma ku jirtidoo 24/7...naa gotta click out..this week see ya at the joint ...1

Honesita

Good to know that ya liked it...I gotta agree ya on one thing their advertisement was totally poor. They should have promoted the movie way better than that so that everyone at least will know it was playing at thier city at the right time and at the right place.

Wildcat...don't worry girl..i heard they are making a vidoe of the movie if i'm not mistaking...So at least u probably be lucky to watch before it hits the theatre's of London.

P.S Times like this i'm just so glad that i don't live in London or anywhere near it lol...i'mean no hard feelings to london peeps..but ya guys r just way behind than the rest of the world...even Somalia had internet connection b4 London had....lol

Iffah   

Hey...

I heard Qabyo 2 is playing this weekend at the same theatre. I was wondering about the show times...those of you who are aware of this...let us know.