Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Somalia Vs Ghana

Muhammad   

Zumdick’s philosophy against Somalia

By Michael Oti Adjei

_1697404_somalitraining300.jpg

Ralf Zumdick knows Ghana football well enough to be aware that, with the senior national team, every game is a potential loss.

For a country with four African titles and a reputation in international competitions which many countries would do everything to get, games against countries like Somalia should have been one of those that pass quietly by as if nothing was happening.

But it’s been some while since Ghana managed to afford that luxury. Somehow, teams seeking to forage onto the international scene have always undone the Black Stars.

Countries like Burundi, Togo and Rwanda, have found in Ghana the perfect sleeping giant on whose back they have ridden to international fame.

With that in mind, Zumdick is approaching the Somalia match with great caution. Last Monday, after running through his files and programmes with Abedi Pele, he declared satisfaction with the response of his foreign-based players slated for the match, which will have a significant bearing on the country’s future in international football.

“You see, at this moment, we are not in a position to underrate any side. We have no other option than to win,” he said.

The German knows very little about the Somalis but that means very little to him. As far as he is concerned, all that matters is to get Ghana back on a respectable pedestal on the international scene after the pain of missing out on the 2004 Nations Cup.

“These days, the big boys are once in a while embarrassed by smaller teams. They all can play football now.”

...... For now, Zumdick would be under pressure to get Ghana past Somalia. Football’s nature notwithstanding, the chances of an upset in this two-legged encounter, both of which take place in Ghana, are very slim and improbable in many ways.

And just to remind everyone, failure to beat Somalia would mean no nations cup and world cup for Ghana in 2006. It would mean effectively that Ghana would be inactive in serious international football for the next two years.

http://www.ghanaian-chronicle.com/231114/page2e.htm

Baaniyal   

loool,excellent article Conquest. The Ghanaians are taking this one seriously. I suggest we take on an all defence formation,and just punt the ball every chance we get hopefully to maybe once catch Kuffor trying to play the offside trap. Other than that i see no chance or hope of Somalia winning,especially since they are playing both legs in Ghana.

They should play the second game somewhere close to home though, like kenya or Djabouti then it will be neutral. I wish the best for us i will love to see that game i don't care how much it costs i am gonna order it, i just hope they televise it..

Lefty   

Somalia is solely represented by Mogadishu local Players only and that weakens their chance of showing a good performance.

Intel   

Originally posted by Lefty:

Somalia is solely represented by Mogadishu local Players only and that weakens their chance of showing a good performance.

yep

N.O.R.F   

very sad indeed, when we play against teams here in the uk or in tournaments, the oposition are often fearful that we will win comfortably, they acknowledge our skill, finesse and endless running. This is a huge contrast and a very sad one at that. I hope to see the day when we have a healthy sports programme to rival other more established african nations.

Rokko   

I read bout this and was chatting with a Ghanaian friend last night on the subject of the game. Despite the fact that I had to support those Somali brothers for playing or trying at least, I told my friend that they didn't play agains a National team who represented Somalia as a whole but instead a one of the warlord’s team.

Not that I'm not in favor of that team but in reality, there's no such thing as unified national team. I also don’t’ understand how the Olympic or FIFA permit a number of individual put themselves to represent a nation with no central government.

RaMpAgE   

Ah well at least we getting represented somehwere, better than nothing!

Hopefull one day we can challenge Ghana and other african nations

koonfur   

I can't believe we are loosing again and the coach Gella admitting it saying,

we can’t win. No way

5-0 is not bad but Ghana is treatning to make it double degit number.

The second game is currently in progress Ghana 1 Somalia 0.(Last checked 11:21 AM CT)

Check out the live score here Halkan Riix

Salaan...

Waa naloo qabeeyi mar labaad. 2:0 aa nala siiye. Not bad. Next year it will be down to 1:0. I call that progress.

Laakiin xiito-xiitiyaashaan oo baasto iyo malawax ku koray maa Gaanees canbuulo, digir iyo soor "ugali" la dhaho ku casheeyo, ku qadeeyo iyo ku quraacdo mee iska celin karaan? Plus kuwa ka ciyaaro xulalka caalamiga ee Talyaaniga iyo kuwa kale ee Yurub. Maya, maya.

Xiito-xiitiyaasha waa dadaaleen, almost all of them positioning themselves around their goal-net--quite the first official team to have 11 goalkeepers.

These are some of our national qaliir, xiito-xiito team, most belong one team called Elman:

yusuf_ali.jpgabdirahman.jpgaways_winkey.jpg

asse_aden.jpgjibril_osman.jpgfeysal.jpg

abdi_farah.jpgjamaal.jpg

Soomaali hadaan nahnay dacaayad bilaa caleesh lee nagula yaqanaa ee hala amaano kartidee muujiyeen, Ilaaheyna ha u garabgalo dadaalkooda.

Soon Wanaagsan.