Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Barack Hussein Obama wins Iowa (97% Whites)

^^Don't you think white woman trumps a black man in the General Election? :D

This is serious folks. McCain has played a very dangerous game and it may work for him.

1. He wanted to steal the media spotlight a day after Obama's great speech, and that seems to have worked.

2. He wants to appear as the candidate of change himself by putting a woman on the ticket. Time will tell.

3. He wants to court angry Hillary supporters. Wait and see ...

It may get tough from here.

Politics at its best, im not sure if McCain needed to do that, he had pretty good chance with just being white. No matter how much Obama sings the tone of change, a white man will not change his/her vision of colors.

Miriam1   

I doubt it.

Hillary ran and she lost. Hence a white woman does not trump a black man. Perhaps, Black or White people simply believe a leader should be a man.

People supported Hillary because she was running for President, the seat of power. They will completely change their political ideologies for a woman who is playing second fiddle to a man?

No way.

In the end, I don't think Americans are ready for a black president. McCain is the safe choice, unless he messes up so BIG some time soon in the next 67 days.

Aaliyyah   

I don’t think Hilary supporters will support McCain simply because he chose a woman as VP. However, McCain does come across as hypocrite when he chooses inexperienced VP. When in fact throughout the election he was working hard to point out that Obama was inexperienced and couldn’t be commander in chief.

Hayem Americans Chose Obama as a democratic presidential nominee. Which tells you clearly that Americans are ready for a black president..

Aaliyah, what do you think of Micheal Moore's comment at Keith Olberman's news program that neo-conservatives continue to degrade women in general. By appointing Sahar Palin as his VP, according to Moore, would send the wrong single that women are "dumb" and would vote for McCain just because his VP is woman.

Aaliyyah   

Well that is exactly why McCain chose Sarah Palin, he thinks women will simply vote for him because he has a woman as a vice president. The truth is he doesn’t even know her. He only met her twice. Not to add to everything else that she doesn’t have much of an experience. So how can he be sure that she will make a good running mate? So he does think women are that dumb. So I doubt this would add much luck to his campaign.

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Hayem Americans Chose Obama as a democratic presidential nominee.

Hayem and Aliyah, the General Election is a different ball game as you are already aware. The democratic primary which is 30% black is not the same as the GE.

^^Don't you think white woman trumps a black man in the General Election?

The answer to the above question is a simple no.

All women, regardless of race will play second fiddle to all men for sometime to come. Black men voted long before white women or any woman, so what makes you think that will all of a sudden change because of the hockey mom? History speaks volume, ya sanka.

This is serious folks. McCain has played a very dangerous game and it may work for him.

Yes, he is playing a dangerous game. He is actually taking the que From el presidente Bush Sr. The pick of Sarah Palin is incarnation of what happened 20 yrs ago in 88 when Bush Sr surprised his party and the world with his pick for VP candidate with little experience.

1. He wanted to steal the media spotlight a day after Obama's great speech, and that seems to have worked.

It was expected but hurricane GUSTAV will be stealing the show from the SOB's that are called GOP's. Thank you GUSTAV

2. He wants to appear as the candidate of change himself by putting a woman on the ticket. Time will tell.

Mccain could care less about change, he just wants to show the world and most importantly his party that he is a maverick and don't you dare doubt him america.

It may get tough from here.

It will get tough, this is high stake poker game and there is a chance that mccain will come on top. After all, he is going to tell the country that he sacrificed his body and soul for this country, and they should repay him with atleast one term as president, just one tiny term with a woman on his side. A woman that every small town in america can relate to, a self described "Hockey mom". God bless red states of america, god bless sarah palin.

and Lastly:-

3. He wants to court angry Hillary supporters. Wait and see ...

Lets define the so called "angry hillary supporters" shall we?

It has come to light in the last few weeks that there are two types of Hilary supporters, the intelluctuals and the "PUMA's".

The first group consist of political figures, they are indeed true democrats that gave their word to hilary, long before they knew that Obama was running. Same group of women that continue to be faithful to hilary to this day, but know what is right from wrong and their vote won't be with mccain.

On the other hand, we have the "PUMA's", the self described few mothers of america as "party unity my behind" type of folks are not a threat. They are the opposite of the other group. Their vote doesn't matter, as they can't influence anyone or anything, let alone a standing tree. We only hear and see them in the spotlight because of the republicans. Matter of fact republicans paid their plane ticket to denver. Mothers with banners are harmless and are no threat to democrats.

All in all, I just don't see TODD PALIN as the first man of america. He looks like a scumbag, and he is a high s chool graduate, a jock of sort and he is going to be the vice president's hubby? I just don't see it.

Sorry Sarah, I just don't see you getting there, not in november and not many yrs to come.

There is no way in hell that sarah will be voted over Hilary, it just won't be possible. The die hard Hilary supporters will not let this woman and her scumbag looking of a husband in anywhere near the white house.

Fact:Mccain in 88 said of Bush Sr's Pick of VP candidate : Who would resist a man that good looking? I guess now the question is, who could resist a hockey mom like sarah, not small town america.

"All women, regardless of race will play second fiddle to all men for sometime to come. Black men voted long before white women or any woman"

You're wrong, women were able to vote before blacks in america.

. "The 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution were passed following the Civil War, in the later 1860s. They outlawed slavery and extended civil rights and suffrage (voting rights) to former slaves. The LEGAL right to vote for African-Americans was established, but numerous restrictions kept many blacks from ACTUALLY voting until the 1960s Voting Rights Act."

Sarah Palin will resonate with soccer mom's and women and blue collar families, because the honest truth is they are not bright bunch and American's time and time again vote based on who they can relate to and necessarily who's good for them.

Username, like hell I am wrong.

Maybe, you need to revisit your american history lecture notes before you come charging here, if you have any lying around.

The 15th amendment states and I quote "race should not deprive a man from the right to vote". It was written for colored men exclusively, but implementing such a right is a different discussion for a different thread.

Prior to 15th amentment, some, few very women were voting in some north states, yes, but legally, their rights weren't recognized country wide. Therefore, those very same women's right to vote were non essential, ya dig son.

Another thing, even thought women fought as early as late 1700's for the right to vote, it wasn't put to law until 1920's.

Yes, there were exceptions to the rule, but it wasn't legally recognized.

Speaking of freed slaves, aren't they black men? In order words, they were legally voting before regular white men were voting.

Do you want me to go about the history for you? Maybe I should

Here goes, no one was allowed to vote, unless you were a man, white and owned a property in the u.s.a. After that, freed slaves had the right and was recognized in few states. After that, then came ordinary white men, regardless of wealth were allowed to vote, then came immigrant whites rights to vote, then women...

In other words, yes, we as women, not that I am american, always come last in the political arena, until recently with our saviour, Hilary R. Clinton.

All in all, all men's right to vote were granted before all women's rights were granted, even thought it wasn't implemented in the case of colored men before the civil rights act , and I repeat "all women" rights were granted after few amendments later .

Yes, even thought the amendment did give the right for "a man" to vote without prejudice, the south and much more states did find ways for those colored men not to vote. Thats a fact, its not up for discussion. To sum it up, there were many obstacles(danger at times) put infront of the colored man if he dared came anywhere near a voting booth.

In all totality, I strongly advise you to take up american history, my favourite subject in university. Matter of fact, I recommend it sir and if you need more lessons, feel free to ask, no need to make dramatic entrance.

God bless

Layzie G

Clearly you did not learn much from your american history class, or you have trouble comprehending.

I'm not arguing that black men weren't legally allowed to vote before women, my argument is there so much restrictions put in place that it in effect blacks could not actually vote until the 1960's, decades after women were voting.

What good is having the 'right' to vote if there are disenfranchising laws that prohibit all blacks from voting?

Think before you type, a white woman always has more value than a black man and she always will in america. You're giving off the impression that blacks were voting, and there rights were respected before the 1960's when the truth of the matter, is most blacks were being lynched, harrased by white supremacists etc.

And in most cases in the world, women's suffrage was granted before universal suffrage, so drop the victim attitude.

^username, I think what you meant to say was that you clearly did not read my previous post, the one above yours.

I am not here to debate about whether or not black's rights were enforced, as I clearly said to you above post that implementing the amentment is a whole new discussion for a new thread.

My thing with you is you are not willing to admit that you were wrong and you had no idea what you were talking about before you came charging here.

Putting the law into writing is one thing, which is what you said I was wrong about(and I proved you wrong and u wont admit it), but making the law work, thats what you want to argue now that I called you out on it.

Listen, eedo, no one and not even I or you can even sit here discussing how the blacks coped during those yrs. You don't know what's like, and even I, who read extensively, can't begin to imagine.

Stop hiding behind civil rights act.

My argument still stands, the rights were written for colored men before women, and that still stands. (emphasize on "written")

Don't bullshit yourself, dont try to score one on me, as I am clearly right and you are clearly wrong and confused.

My offer still stands, get at me if you need assistance, but I highly doubt you will.(Why is it so hard for men to just admit that they don't know jack sh*t and that they won't own upto being wrong when called upon?)

Goodnight

No I said you were wrong about blacks "actually" voting before white women, not being legally allowed. Re-read my first post. You should've clarified your statement to begin with, instead of making it seem like black men were voting in large numbers before the 1960's.

Next time, just make the distinction and I will not have to school you again. smile.gif