galbeedi

Ali Mahdi found guily of major crimes in Somalia from 1991-2008.

galbeedi   

A wise man told me lately that Cali Mahdi should be lucky for not being prosecuted from crimes and treasonous actions he committed in Somalia since 1991.

" Tuug dhuuntaan arki jirnee mid Toosh wata yimid"

Without further delay let us introduce the major crimes of Ali Mahdi in order to grasp the gravity of actions from 1991-2008.

1- He proclaimed a government without consulting the major rebel groups .

When he was declared a president in 1991 by Manifesto and other elders , he never contacted or even considered the power the rebels were holding within the country both in the north and south. He never appreciated the difficult position the country found itself . In Northern Somalia the late president C/raxman Tuur convened a meeting and signaled to everyone to wait from the south especially the USC rebel leader Mohamed  F Caydiid(AHN). I do not have enough details on the issue, but there was some kind of expectations for the rebels to form the next government.

When the usurpers, Manifesto,  proclaimed him president and in return he appointed Omar Carte as a prime minister, those who were holding the " Shir" in Burco decided to declare secession. Since SNM was the rebel forces in control of the North, they were expecting at least a consultation to form  the next government. Those who were present felt that the North doesn't matter and just like 1960, they have to go to Mogadishu and join a government that was already decided by the southern politicians.

Some people to this day believe that those who were present in Burco conference forced C/Raxman Tuur and others to declare the secession after what took place in Mogadishu. They felt ignored and have to design their own bath. If that theory is true, then Cali Mahdi is tone of the main culprit of the breaking up of Somalia. 

In fact, when Ali Madi was proclaimed president by usurpers of the power , "The Manifesto",  there was still a war going on between the rebels and defenders of the late president Siyaad Barre. In fact, I saw an Italian Magazine who interviewed Siyaad Barre who was planning to come back, and there were certain hubris among his supporters who proclaimed that the establishment is back ( Rug Cadaagii Soo Rogaal Celi). In fact, there was certain fear that he might come back. Cali Mahdi, the man who supposed to be the leader , was begging cAydiid to help defend MOgadishu and deal with Siyaad Barre.

We Somalis have a long span of memory and we usually do not analyse things probably. So, by judging this events, Cali Mahdi is guilty of indirectly encouraging the break up of Somalia due to his ignorance and incompetence.

2-He disbanded the Somali army within four days.

It was Omar Carte , the designated prime minister,  who proclaimed the disbanding of the Somali army. In fact, this man achieved within four days something the Somali rebels could not achieve for a decade.  He told the national army members to hand their weapons to the insurgents from the north and south. 

In any country going through civil war, it is very important for the the army to secure the borders and keep internal order, despite its perceived domination of certain clans of the officer corp. Disintegrating the army creates anarchy and disorder that will make difficult for the future leadership to control peace and order.

Cali Mahdi never understood the gravity of the situation and within months the people of Mogadishu had felt the the destruction , looting and wanton killing of innocent people by the anarchist people among the ranks of the rebels. Rather than use the Somali army to pacify and control the borders he disbanded. On the contrary, the TPLF,  who had overthrown a bigger army in Ethiopia, told every officer and soldier to remain their positions until further order. After they took over the country months later, they disbanded the officers who they suspected to be very loyal to Mengistu regime. It was the same mistake done by George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld by disbanding 400,000 Iraqi soldiers and in return create the worst insurgency in the world. It was the reason Ethiopia survived after the collapse and Somalia didn't. Simple as that.

The actions of Cali Mahdi and his prime minister were the root causes of the civil war that raged in southern Somali by clearing the way for irregular rebels, criminals and others.

By that measure I found Cali Mahdi guilty of orchestrating the anarchy that is rampant in the south to this day.

3- The destruction of Mogadishu.

Cali Mahdi , A man who doesn't control anything and  disbanded the national army, decided to challenge the rebel leader who was in control most of the south. Rather than find common ground , he decided to use the tribal card and hold onto power. The reality is Caydiid too was also a culprit in this power struggle, and these two men destroyed the city of mOgadishu. Mogadishu was 99% intact the day Siyaad Barre left, and most of the destruction that took place which leveled the city to the ground was the actions of Ali Mahdi and Caydiid.

Again I found Ali Mahdi along with Caydiid guilty of the destruction of Mogadishu.

4- Dumping radioactive materials in Somali oceans.

He was the first Somali oligarch to exchange money for the dumping of toxic material in Somali oceans. Since then many Somalia from Boosaaso, Zaylac and Kismaayo followed his foot step. Others flowed to this day by selling foreign ships permits to fish Somali waters including both Mogadishu, Garoowe and Hargeisa administration. Ali Mahdi was a pioneer on  this enterprise.

Hence, Ali Mahdi is guilty of dumping toxic in Somali waters.

5- Corruption and misappropriation of funds.

When late president C/laahi Yusuf took over Mogadishu with the help of Ethiopian army, he called a reconciliation conference to be headed by Ali Mahdi. Reliable sources told me that he took $8 million dollars to organize the conference which was held in Halane. He just brought some elders, spend meals and few accommodations. He wrapped up the reconciliation " Shir" within few weeks and declared victory without any heavy lifting or any meaningful reconciliation. 

He pocketed most of that money and disappeared. Since Mogadishu is improving security wise, he shows up now and want to built the highest tower in Somalia. For these latest charge, I Galbeed, the judge can not prove the amount of money looted. Some say it was 4 million others 8, and the witness who would have proved the prosecution case is no longer with us.

So, I Galbeedi, the judge,  found Ali Mahdi guilty of four out of five charges including the  breakup of Somalia, anarchy, civil war and dumping of toxic waste in our oceans. 

galbeedi   

Apophis,

when I was young like most of my generation , I was unti Kacaan. Many scholarship opportunities were defrauded from me and I was bitter.

I am not nostalgic of the past really. I just want to get our country back.

Is that too much to ask.

galbeedi   

Guys, 

If you want to defend Ali Mahdi, please bring your evidence or hold your peace. 

One, OOdweyne tried little bit , yet  that is not enough evidence to refute these charges.

In my book,  despite his mistakes,  Caydiid was a tough man who should have been allowed to rule Somali unlike the opportunist Ali Mahdi.

3 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Guys, 

If you want to defend Ali Mahdi, please bring your evidence or hold your peace. 

One, OOdweyne tried little bit , yet  that is not enough evidence to refute these charges.

In my book,  despite his mistakes,  Caydiid was a tough man who should have been allowed to rule Somali unlike the opportunist Ali Mahdi.

Both Ethiopia and Somalia fell apart almost at the same time.

The difference was that in Ethiopia the rebels were all in some contact and most of them in alliance.

Aidiid was not as strong as you think. His foreign support was Mengistu of Ethiopia and those who replaced Mengistu regime had a totally different view of the map and from a totally different angle.

What happened in Mugadishu with US later shows the bravery of the Nomad, but also the treachery of the leaders.

One of the incidents that destroyed Somalia was the burning of farms and food storage in SWS. By this incident the entry of the new Ethiopian regime (rebels), became inevitable, acceptable by Northerners and acceptable by IC.

Dhaqaale   

Aidiid was a pure psychopath, if he had the power to invade the north we would have and crushed anything in his sights.  Ali Mahdi was simply a coward who found himself with weapons and a strong backing from a group calling themselves manifesto (another Ethiopian outfit?). Mahdi would never raise his head if there was a strong management group in charge of the crisis. Old_Observer is right all those rebel groups SNM, USC, SSDF ect all had their origins in Ethiopia as a way to topple the Somali government and create chaos for their enemy (Somalia) and the foolish Somalis fell for it. There are no heroes in the Somali story just degenerate thugs jostling for powerful positions...no honour.