Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

a-z of somali female names!

"i know this lady who used to go to dugsi with me and her name, i cant mention,it starts wit S., figure it out urself. All i know is that every time ma macalin called her name, he used to look down and yell at us for snickering. i cant believe some ppl would name their daughters such names, la ilaah ila laah"......looooooooooooooooooooool let me guess since u didn't want to mention it ..i dont' think is crime saying names like that com on it is someones name u know.........SHUUN..lool some people name their daughters those names i wonder wat it means to them caz i dont' think it means wat it means to us to them ..if ya know where iam coming from

Ariadne   

....so no use in bickering over that anymore....but going back to what you said

You said no use bickering over it BUT...going back to what you said.... that seems like bickering to me at the very least and harmless aproach it may be even nit picking. Nit picking is a form of bickering.

hmmm let see now; lets not bicker, but argue is what your trying to convey or maybe I'm reading you wrong. After all what you did say was very muddled about.

I could further challenge and maybe in due time I will, but for now I think we agreed to disagree. End of discussion.

OOPS I meant Pixie!

By the way what does pyromaniac pixie mean?

pyromaniac= someone who is either obessesed or fascinated with fire often causing fires or setting things on fire

pixie: the darker aspect of a fairy. If you want an in depth explanation check this topic out

whats a pixie

Senora   

I realize that you declared our so called "nit-picking over, but i just had the sudden urge to clarify a few things.....

hmmm let see now; lets not bicker, but argue is what your trying to convey or maybe I'm reading you wrong. After all what you did say was very muddled about.

I apologize for not being CLEAR in my last post.....when i said that there was no use in us "bickering over it", i was referring to the mistake I made on my part when I confused the word “preference” and the phrase about “stating something is better, or one is uglier than the other”…saying that both the word and the phrase had no relation whatsoever……but that was it…I still wanted to “nit-pick” on a few other things( well actually just one thing!), which is why I also said” going back to what you said”….so if it did seem like I was bickering, arguing, challenging, nit picking…ETC, I was…but for now

I could further challenge and maybe in due time I will, but for now I think we agreed to disagree. End of discussion.

I see no use in a“further challenge” …….

Ariadne   

when i said that there was no use in us "bickering over it", i was referring to the mistake I made on my part when I confused the word “preference” and the phrase about “stating something is better, or one is uglier than the other”…saying that both the word and the phrase had no relation whatsoever

I'm well aware of that, but thanks for being so kind as to direct me to look over it once more.

There's really nothing like being told what you already know.

……but that was it …I still wanted to “nit-pick” on a few other things

Yes, I understand you wanted to stop bickering over that and to quarrel over other things.

( well actually just one thing!), which is why I also said” going back to what you said”….so if it did seem like I was bickering, arguing, challenging, nit picking…ETC, I was…

Thats all I needed to hear

I see no use in a“further challenge” …….

Is that you way of saying let's bury the hatchet?

Ladiif   

^^^^^^C.C. iyo Boqorada, nagga qaleeya macalimiinta...and too much muscle flexing is not good for the ladies eventually timaha lee is jiid jiidaysaan waxba isma yeelaysiine!!!

yo Bacadle, gabdhaha kalaqabo adaa bilaabay threadka e!!

Najma_03 waad iga qoslisay walaahi, ain't nothing wrong with the name "SHUUN". I know it means this to you but not necessarily samething to me or the xalimo down the block.

Matter of fact, I'm willing to spice it up a bit and naming my daughter SHUUN DHEER, what do you think Najma??

Coloow   

Latiif lol@bacadle. Shuundheerey or shumeey are two good somali names.

Pyromaniac Pixie and Princess sexy what a rivetting discusion. none of you dithered yet again, you managed to come to an agreement to disagree..very healthy discussion.

ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE YOU|R CYBER NAMES TO ANY OF THE ABOVE SOMALI NAMES?

Senora   

I'm well aware of that, but thanks for being so kind as to direct me to look over it once more.

There's really nothing like being told what you already know

do i sense some sarcasm....lol :D

Is that you way of saying let's bury the hatchet?

I guess i was being a bit muddled there too huh?.....well anyways, yes that is my way of saying that..so how about we just let bygons be bygons smile.gif

Ariadne   

Latif: No one is yelling at no one just a heated debate that went cold

Entrepreneur: healthy discussion? thanks I think

Princess Sexy: I already forgot what I was arguing about... so apology accpeted

neither of my names are there and theyre authentic somali names. smile.gif i accually wrote it than erased it cause... well it felt weird tellin people, that i dont know, my name.

La-y-La   

acuudu, lattif illah ha kuu gargaaro if u are gonna name ur daughter that name, i know u just playing, but just think about it... a girl wit that name and trust she will be embarrassed everytime her name is mentioned cuz ppl are cruel and they are gonna laugh at her name. Thats just not right, acuudu.

my own name is a muslim name just like every other somlai, but i luv mine cuz it represents a great deal of Islam and so does ma last name. They are both big history in both islam and christianity.

I would probably name ma kids muslim names cuz somali names dont really make any sense especially the ones mentioned above.

asalaamu aleykum.

Chimera   

Gorgeous:

Tawllan

Ulasan

Ilroon

Ilwaad(i knew a girl with that name)

Hagarla

Ashkiro

Arraweello

Filsan

Bilan

So many beautiful choices yet Fadumo's & Ayaans galore, unbelievable!

some of the names like Aragsan and Abshiro aren't they male names?

cream   

Ardo ... my sisters name :D

When she was born and we told the world her name people would ask "seriosly ?"

The only somali name in my family i guuess smile.gif