gooni

Puntland borders

gooni   

Puntland xuduudka ay federaalka la leeyihiin waxaa u jooga SHABEEL.

Kan ay snm la leeyihiina waxaa u jooga dawaco.

In Somaliland we are simple people. Our armed forces are 'Ciidanka Qaranka' that is it.

No Danab sh*t, or Haramacad crap or Shabeel bluff... just 'Ciidanka Qaranka Somaliland'. And our boys are loyal, patriotic and very effective at their work. Something that cannot be said about those with the many  exotic named but actually incompetent to the core. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2

Oodweyne   
9 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

No Danab sh*t, or Haramacad crap or Shabeel bluff... just 'Ciidanka Qaranka Somaliland'. And our boys are loyal, patriotic and very effective at their work. Something that cannot be said about those with the many  exotic named but actually incompetent to the core. 

Lool, Suldaanka, miyaad maqal weedhii aheyd: "Fuleygu sida uu u magacyo badan yahay ayoo u carar badan yahay" (or words to that effect).

In other words, all these silly names which in turn are intended to "instill" fear (apparently) on the enemies of Pirateland, are essentially "tell-tale signs" of how many ways they will breathlessly run if ever these teeming collection of chancers arrived in a real war-fighting situation, which has been proven correct since 2007. And that was the day in which these cowardly Pirates started up their regularly and yearly run from any fight in which they may find themselves in it against Somaliland's army. And, of course, they have been running ever since.  

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

galbeedi   

Waxaan saaka iyo caawa si fiican ugu qoslay, oo keligay aad u qoslay jawaabaha dhex maraya Oday Gooni iyo Tilamook. 

waan u baahanahy in break aanu ka qaadano siyaasada.

Puntland borders will be what Puntland wants them to be.

It may not be a nomad culture, but avoiding unnecessary and pointless wars is an art.

Oodweyne,

Its safe to assume that you always have your propagandist bragging side anntenaes out for Puntland, which in my view you make an exception, but you understand that is exactly why Puntland drives crazy the whole horn of Africa, without breaking a sweat.

Oodweyne   
10 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Oodweyne,

Its safe to assume that you always have your propagandist bragging side anntenaes out for Puntland, which in my view you make an exception, but you understand that is exactly why Puntland drives crazy the whole horn of Africa, without breaking a sweat

Old_Observer, 

On the contrary, my friend. I know you have rather large soft spot for the self-preening Pirates and their cowardly ways. And top of that you also have a "verbal advertisement agency" solely opened up for the sake of Djibouti and her tinpot dictator by the name of Mr IOG. But the fact of the matter is that throughout the Somali's history the Pirates are known quantity.

And one of the "communal traits" in which they have known to "exhibit" is to talk a great game from a distance and to all of a sudden chance their luck with their feats as far as they can carry them, particularly the minute things gets to be physical and in-terms of manly's tussle of the scalp taking kind of thing.

Hence, that is the reason they have been running from pillar to post and back again against the Somaliland's army ever since we in turn have decided to take matters of Sool region into our political column. Which was since 2007.

So that is why I kind of take the piss from them (as Brits are fond of saying) in this way. For they invariably talk about all sort of "tough talk" and how many "division of snake-eating-commandos" they have under their control at any moment in time. And then the minute or the moment things gets to be ended up of being decided at the battlefield, they are no where to be seen at all.😂

Oodweyne,

Me thinks and always, that there is a back channel between the three of you. Somaliland, Puntland and Djibouti. Even as you sometimes fight or quarrel openly, it never gets out of control. That is an indication of back channel.

All 3 have different ideas on what to do with the Somali people, yet non of you wants to commit too much to those ideas.

Somaliland wants Somalia to be reconstituted with the exception of Somalinad and to have brotherhood with Djibouti, Kililka and NFD and to succeed where they are.

Puntland wants Somalia to be reconstituted with some special formulae for Somaliland and the rest of the Somali to succeed where they are and have brotherhood.

Djibouti wants Somalia to be reconstituted, with special place for Somaliland, but not separate and for the rest to succeed where they are and maintain the brotherhood.

Tell me where I am wrong.

Oodweyne   
1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

Tell me where I am wrong

Old_Observer,

Not wrong at all. It just that one is feasible and the other two are pie-in-the-sky scenario, really. Of course, I would say that wouldn't I? But in all honesty, I think the notion of re-constituting the old Somali Republic (remember Somalia and the Somali Republic are not the same thing) are matters that are way passed the time they can even be reasonably expected to be feasible.

After all, it's almost close to 30 years now (at least by May of next year - 2021) from the time when Somaliland and Somalia took their separate path, at least politically.

And since that time a whole new "politically-aware" generation came of age in Somaliland who do not have even the foggiest idea of what the old political State of the Somali union (or the old Somali Republic) was all about. And to boot they have no larger (even sentimental) attachment to that dead union, which in turn was birthed in 1960.

So it's the matter of time before the rest of the Somalis, who seems to be bit slow on the uptake, gather around to the political position in which we Somaliland were always on it. Which is we can have a better version of a "Somali brotherhood" without us being at each other throat.

Or at least, we can have that "communal sense of brotherhood" across the Horn-Of-Africa (HoA) without trying to fit each other in within a flimsy political house that no one has much loyalty to it. Which is how we Somalilanders will always view of any alleged union with Somalia.

But having said all of that, let me then now turn the table and ask you a similar question. Which is since you are the nearest unpaid spokesman of Mr IOG in here of SOL. And since, by the looks of it, the said Mr IOG, never stops to turn every stone in-order to "re-constitute" the old union of the Somalia and Somaliland. Then the question is, given that he really is showing that much love that he has for that kind political union, then how come he never seems to be "volunteering" his tiny State of Djibouti to "join-in" as well, to this would be re-constituted Old Somali Union?

I wonder why, really?  

Oodweyne   

Old_Observer,

This caption quoted below, which is from a report done by a fact-finding mission by the US's congressional delegates in 1989, shows the kind of the action in which that old "political union" you are fond of recalling in here seemed to have engaged in its last days of late 1980s inside Somaliland. Which was then known as the northern part of the Somali Republic.

Or at least this is the last "known deeds" of that dead union in which you seems to be thinking of that we Somalilanders are that eager to have anything to do with it, again.

It really beggars belief, my friend, for you to think that in this day and age anyone can sell to Somalilanders the very notion of "re-union" with Somalia.

Have a look this bit of a "gory details" of what "old Union" actually costed to some. And what it had entailed in its last and dying days.

image.thumb.png.f9df73fcefb47a4ca67861c34d01a748.png