Sign in to follow this  
Somali-feminist

to all the stressed out student

As'salaamu alaikum wr wb,

Well as you all are aware of, its that time of the year...shhhhhhh no need to utter that word "exams" ...anywho,I was wondering if ya'll could share with us what you do when you reach your peak of zombiness... You know when you feel so drained out, and you feel like giving up... well you get the picture dee! icon_razz.gif even if you got no advices for your fellow nomads, atleast share with us some qoute that you read, anything really...The following is an advice on motivation for anything ;) :

Passion makes the old medicine new:

Passion lops off the bough of weariness.

Passion is the elixir that renews:

how can there be weariness

when passion is present?

Oh, don't sigh heavily from fatigue:

seek passion, seek passion, seek passion!

-Mathnawi VI, 4302-4304

dawoco   

Well samiyah, when you-know-what stressed me out, i turn my focus to something else...give my brains a holiday as it where.

Primrose hill park is near my school and has idyllic views, so it's a fave scape spot for myself as well as fellow students. It's so peaceful and distracts me from all that's troubling me...If that fails, i resort to biting off the heads of those who dare advice me how i should plan my revision ;) ....How about u sis? I haven't any quotations as such for stress relief tho....

Changed   

well....If i really think am drainned out ...i go home take a warm/cold showers and take a long nap....get up refreshed, curse my self out for wastng time , and sleeping , run to the library get to work... sometimes me and my friends go out to a coffeshop and chit chat drinking and easting sweets , sometimes we go to the gym to work out...and these days i read duca's ...

Eid Mubarak :D

Saalixa   

SALAM

SAMIYAH, SWEETY I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BECAUSE IAM HAVING MY EXAMS NOW TOO. THIS WHAT I DO:

WATCH A BIT OF TV

GO FOR A WALK AROUND MY BLOCK

READ THE QURAAN(IT USAULLY COMES FIRST, AND IS VERY EFFECTIVE SIS U SHOULD ALWAYS READ THE QURAAN IT HELPS WITH YOUR MEMORY ;) SKILLS)

HELP MY MOM AROUND THE HOUSE. DO THE WEEL OR QAADO OR WATEVER THAT NEEDS CLEANING.

THEN I GO TO THE LIBRARY.

SIS GOOD LUCK AND DON'T STRESS YOURSELF TOO MUCH. IF YOU DO IT GETS TO U AND KILLS YOU. I HAVE NOTICED WITH THE TIME IAM RELAXED I USUALLY DO WELL WITH MY EXAMS THAN THOSE IAM FREAKED OUT OR PRESSURED. DON'T LISTEN TO OTHERS AND DO WHAT U CAN smile.gif .GOOD LUCK AND STUDY SMART. :D

MaLikah   

Well- I'm about to get into that sserious study mode soon as Eid is over. When I get into that zombie mode-- I jus chat for a few..for take a nap. Yea..the nap usually does the trick folks. I think its the lucky charm.

sMiLeY   

man.........it's almost exams time but all the assignments are due b4 exams ......... u don't understand assignments are due one after another....... no nice eid this .... alxamdulillah i had lunh with the family but i had to go back to school....... anyways what do i do when i get stressed? eat, eat, eat hahahah nah i ain't as big as u think..... sleeping is a solution....... or the net for few minutes. smile.gif

Curly   

hey for all those students out there, here's a dua for studying...I got this from a mate

Dua while studying something difficult

"Allahuma la sahla illama ja-'altahu sahla anta taj 'alu al hazana eza ma shi'ta sahal"

Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what you have mad easy, if you wish, you can make the difficult easy

Dua for concentration

"Salla-l-laahu alaa Muhammad wa aal-e Muhammad. Allahumma inni as'aluka yaa mudhakkira-l khayr wa faa'ilahu wa-l-aamimira bihi adhakir-ni maa ansaani-hi-shaytan"

"Blessings of God be upon Muhammad and his progeny, O God, I ask you, the one who metions goodness and actualizes it and commands it , remind me of that which the shaytan makes me forget"

Inshallah Allah will make life easier for you smile.gif

Raxmah   

Salaams

When am stressed out, I usually go drive on the expressway for however long I feel like I need it. Can't do that often though, or every penny I earn will be spent on gas. Also reading the quran, is always helpful for me.