Suldaanka

Cali Mahdi oo dhaartay - Cheeseman on notice

Tallaabo   
1 hour ago, Oodweyne said:

You see, what you do not know is that it was never the case at all. And the only time it actually was, at least allegedly, was between 1960 till 1990. And after that we returned to how our fore-fathers view of the world was.

Hence, it may be sacrileges and deeply irreligious thing to say it, but I can guarantees you that if any Somali from "mid-to-late 19th century" were brought to live now and right this minute and he in turn is asked to pass a judgment of what he sees in front of him, particularly when he is looking at Somali peninsula of today, he, of course, wouldn't know much of all the electronic gizmos we have, like smart-phones, computers, and all the other stuff that makes our modernity and modern times. However he will say: "Attaboy, these are same Somalis I know them so well indeed. And I do know them even in my sleep and in my grave, indeed".

For they are same as they were back in my days, he would say. Particularly they are the same in-terms of their social conduct, their view of what is important to them. And their really telling and almost "sovereign-like-obsession-and-guardianship" over their "clan's territories".

That man of whom we had bothered and we woke him up from his long sleep in his grave would have no difficulty (absolutely none at all) in "ascertaining" as to who is looking at. And he will say: 

"......Yep, that is my Somalis with their version of humanity's crooked timber being observed in action......"

And if you do not know how at some elemental level of things that Somalis are the same they ever were, then you really should not be discussing politics at all.

Isn't this characteristic of the Somali the dead man would recognise the very same which kept us at the bottom of the international ladder in terms of everything from power to knowledge, wealth to social development, and from reputation to moral standing, basically everything? 

4 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Tallaabo,

Tragically that is the case, unfortunately. Hence, the trouble is that Somalis really need to build a modern State that is "deeply reflective" of who they are at the base of its structure. Which means we will not be able to get away from clans and their balefully overbearing influence as well as their ever presence reality in our politics. Which means, Somalis do not actually really need some fancy western's imports of Statehood in which they are selling at some of the Westerns' academia and their highbrow's learned faculties (as it were).

Consequently, how to do it is the billion dollar question. And looking at the broad canvass that is the Somali peninsula, one can say, that, Somaliland is the nearest to it in actually "marrying" our crooked Somali's timber with the requirement of modernity. And we not even there yet, for we are work-in-progress sort of reality. It will take a generation to get there.

However, if the current poverty is arrested (say by the discovery of oil) we can then "short-circuit" that long road that is ahead of us, and do so in the manner the Arabs did it in their turn.

For they are like us in the sense of being in the same pit of having a "deeply anti-modernity social structure" at the base of their existence, whilst at the same time still desiring to be a nation-state that can go upward.

And the fact they did it is largely to do with oil wealth, which in turn had allowed them really to somehow "escaped" from some of the deleterious and the dead-end aspects of their social structure.

Or at least the oil wealth had allowed them to get enough version of a "facsimile of decent modernity", under their belt, which in turn had allowed them to have a functioning Nation-State and its government in their own right. And on that basis, it seems that each individual Arab's entity is having at least a functioning State. Provided they are not already in a civil-war situation, like LIbya and Syria. And if they are already in civil-war situation like these two mentioned states, then it will take them at least a generation just to get back to where they were before their civil-war.

This is the issue. I am sure you understand my point. 

Very true, Somali have never had a system of governance, nothing.

The whole society is anti-order, very egalitarian.

And also agree, economic boom could  solve this . 

Haatu   
13 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Oodweyne,

Unlike Habraha who are united in grievance, the other so-called blocks are not a monolith and they will never be.

If the Habro were to ever achieve their long sort after ictiraaf, that would be the end of their unity. Somalis only unite temporarily to achieve a specific aim. Soomaaliweyn was the aim that held Somalis together after independence. Once that became unattainable, that unity went out of the window. That has always been the case throughout Somali history and I see no signs to indicate any change to that.

gooni   

Snm waxaa mar walba farxad geliya wixii kala fogeeya ama dumiya koonfurta, taas cid walba way ogtahay aqoonsina kuma helin 30 sano oo ay benzen la agtaagnaayeen dabka koonfurta.

Carte qaalib wuxaan maqlay inuu yiri usc waa matoor snm shiday oo meel laga damiyo lahayn.

Tan cali mahadi iyo adeeradiis
Islaantii yaanyada ku iibinaysay muqdisho maanta waxay ka sheekaynaysaa frox-exchange iyo sarifka caalamku meeshuu marayo 

Faas af beelay oo qabiilaysi waxba kuma jari karaan. 

Haduu qowmiyad balaaran yahay dagaalkii caydiid qolof qare, kaaraan kuma karsadeen.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, Che -Guevara said:

From looter's inc to intellectuals, what transformation.

😂 lol 😂 

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read on SOL in a long time.

I didn’t think Oodka was capable of being so astute and far-seeing vis-à-vis the Unuka crowd. Needless to say, Oodka, that that’s a slippery slope that could lead you to start singing the praises of your much talked about faqash here on SOL, if you ain’t too careful.😁

19 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Haatu,

That is the spirit, my friend. Don't take to heart the "scolding banter" and the "kick-to-the-groin" verbal exchanges in which the men around here of SOL are meant to tussle each other with it.

On a serious note, D-Block could get its act together if they could settle the inter-difference between "Gedo's Ilka-yar" and the "Not-too-bright-long-footed-chaps", so that there should be no war in Jubbaland on the account of man like Mr Farmaajo who has one year to go before he huffed off back to Buffalo of upstate New-York. 

In other words, at all cost do not allow this man, Mr Farmaajo, who is in a hurry for his political skin to create a lasting enmity in Jubbaland.

That is very important.

Secondly, in so far as Pirate-land is concern, they have one big problem, which is essentially, as our Suldaanka said it, that they have tried to chew, politically, more than they can handle it.

Hence, if they continue to play their old game of thinking that they could "outsmart" the previous folks who were affectionately known, at least around here of SOL, as the "looters Inc", but who now (like so much of "Aqli-Lix-Saac") are waking up, finally and decisively, to their communal and political responsibilities, then the elites of Pirate-land will lose out and lose out badly in the tussle of power in Somalia, particularly in any post-Farmaajo's government.

Consequently, they need to get a copy of how to build a "coalition forces" with the "owners" (of the political kind) of Mogadishu, and then play the game that way with the view of winning the post of PM in what is likely to be a government led by H-Block after Mr Farmaajo gets to be evicted from Villa Somalia is so ignominious of a way. 

In short, make sure no war happens in Jubbaland on the account of Mr Farmaajo. And second the elites of the D-block, particularly the Pirates, should know that their political fates rest on the outcome of the post-Farmaajo's government. And therefore they need to dot the eye and cross the tee now so that at least PM position is there for the taking for them as a part of parcel of "clans's coalition government" in post-2021 government of Somalia. Just like how things were back in 1960s, if you get my drift.

As a card carrying member of the pirate-clique of SOL... I endorse this message👍

The  “Defeated Lot” and “Looters Inc” of Somalia are indeed fortunate to receive such sage political advise and stratagems from the chief of our resident hapless, helpless and hopeless h@bros of SOL. 😜

Saaxiib, Oodweyne, when will you northerners lace up your old soccer boots and get on the political pitch to show these silly defeated Lot and Looters Inc. politicians how to really play the game, instead of forever being on the sidelines booing with your thumbs up in your rear-ends? 😆

Dhaqaale   
21 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Faqashism has nothing to do with clan as you pointed out, or the ordinary clansman in the bushes for that matter, but it is the wicked select few elites who exploit the ignorant masses by using the clan card to hold on to their privileges and power. Just as they are too eager to use a "borrowed muscle" to hold on to power, they will not hesitate to inflame clan sentiments among the masses to camouflage their true intentions. 

I rarely agree with Somalilanders but today you have spoken true words.