galbeedi

Boobe Yusuf and his family never believed Somaliweyn even the sixties let alone eighties.

galbeedi   

Now let me address the chief propagandist of the SNM in Hargeisa Mr. Boobe Yuusuf Ducaale.

Boobe Yuusuf Ducaale, the chief propagandist of the SNM group always laments about the sacrifices he and his ilk did for Somali unity. His favoured word " We lost a lot for the unity (Wax badan baa midnimada Soomalia inagag khasaaray ).

Yet,  if you carefully research history, it is very easy to conclude to the contrary. These are North Korean style channels were criminal members of the SNM group who have blood in their hands get interviewed and narrate their own personal stories without no one fact checking. Most of these stories are about boasting , overcoming hardship and victory. They never tell about the misery they caused, the civilians they murdered in daylight, travelers abducted from buses and trucks and shot on the road because they belonged to the wrong tribe. THere are well known cases in the road between Burco-Berbera were trucks carrying people were intercepted and those who were the D block clan separated and shot at the road. We have stories about police stations in Burco taken over and officers of the wrong clan not only murdered but mutilated and their genitals cut.

Boobe Yusuf and his family never even believed Somalia when the nation was democratic and things were peaceful. His own brother Ahmed Yusuf Ducaale had one of the highest offices of the Somali government in 1967. He was there foreign minister of Somalia, yet just before the election he was charged with espionage.

In late sixties, the Somali prime minister the late C/risaq Haji Hussein tried to bring Djibouti to the union when the French changed the status from French Somaliland to the territory of Issa and Affar in order to discourage the Somali nationalist movement in Djibouti. C/risaaq, who is described by  historians as the most capable leader of Somalia in that era met Cali Caarif Burhaan the prime minister of Djibouti under the French run government and promised to to relinquish the post of the premiership if he agrees to join the union.  Cali Caarif who by the way  still alive today, in fact, when I went to Djibouti in 2010 I spent few nights in hotel called Cite placiel which owned by him, and you can see him meeting people and even arguing with Affair elders who come to see him. 

Anyway, after the meeting they both agreed to continue the dialogue. Since the issue was very sensitive they both agreed to correspond and hide the issue from the French government. A businessman of Yemeni descent in Djibouti became the interlocutor and correspondent between Abdirisaq and Cali Carif. Suddenly, the Yemeni businessman was shot and killed in "Dalagdalta ' area of Djibouti which separated the French quarters from the Somali area. C/risaaq became suspicious since the only people who knew the issue were himself, Ahmed Yusuf Ducaale, Cali caarif and the Yemeni businessman. 

The Somali police which was a well organized and professional force begun an investigation of the issue. The team went to Djibouti and begun to collect information clandestinely without the knowledge of the parties. Fortunately, they discovered and even caught the foreign minister of Somalia drinking and exchanging envelopes of secret dossiers to both French government and the Ethiopian ambassador in Djibouti. When the full investigation was brought to C/risaaq , his advisers told him to hold on to the file until after the election to avoid losing the support of certain northern MPS from the north. C/risaaq who was a very hardline on issues of government transparency and rule of law refused and asked the attorney general to prosecute the minister according to the law. 

A man who was clerk in the court in late sixties told me that when they saw the file, the whole was nothing but pictures of the minister caught in act. The Somali court found the foreign minister of Somalia guilty of espionage which was very rare in 20th century.He was sentenced 10 years in prison.  C/risaaq Haji Hussain and his group lost the election and Mohamed I. Egal became prime minister, and kept the minister of foreign affairs to his premiership. 

Folks, these the legacy of the family of Boobe Yuusuf Ducaale who lectures people about Somalia of yesteryears and how many sacrifices they did for the country. Who knows , there might be a time people like Galbeedi will sit down in those propaganda channels and set the record straight..

If victimhood would separate people from the nation we Awdalites a have strong case than anyone else. Because the SNM used Ethiopian air force to decimate our school children in 1984. When the Djibouti-Addis train was sabotaged , the SNM convinced Ethiopia that the whole issue was orchestrated in Borama. Early morning of January 30 they killed over 30 student and wounded more than that. It was the biggest tragedy that happened in any Somali town at the time. I remember Radio Mogadishu advertising for donation to help the victims. 

I ask the SNM channels to find any pictures or similar tragedy from their files were six airplanes simultaneously bombed elementary schools or markets were 30 people died in one place. They day they entered Borama the mayor and nine member of his family's car was blown by RPG and nine family victims died. 

We do not publicly our victims because we want to move forward to the future and the with the deep knowledge that Allah the Almighty will eventually punish those who spilled innocent blood. Do not go that far. In 2009, a group of known SNM criminals who killed people in Masjid in Magaala Cad  in 1989, surfaced and intercepted travelers from AWdal and mutilated their body and cut in pieces. The commander was a man by the name of Cawar Xareed, the same man who killed people at the Masjid in 1989, because they were angry that Rayaale refused to give them a plot of land illegally.

It was a different era. Have you ever seen the people of Mudug, Puntland complain and cry about the crimes committed against them by the military regime including bombing of the water wells in Mudug. I have even met one or two who were among those who attacked Groyo Cawl town , just five miles from Borama in 1980. They usually characterize their struggle as a man going to the ring (The political ring) and if gets knockout while seeking victory , that is life , and he goes on with his life.

It just that the SNM Habro never understood politics and the game of politics even today. Other than Egal, they never produced anyone willing to get to the political arena and the football pitch and compete. Since they measure everything on tribal telescope, they can not go far ahead the throat cut politics of Somalia. THere is a genuine fear among the elite Habro that they will be swallowed by the Southern elite the moment they join with their brothers. So, they rather stay in Hargeisa and play at the kids table and constantly play the victim card while dealing with other Somalis.

When the senior nationalist Mohamed  Cabdi Yusuf tells like it is and scolds for their treason to dismantle the republic, they all went crazy. It is very rare for the southern Somalis to tell for once just like it is. FAysal Wa raabe and even Biixi goes to the microphone and talks about how they defeated certain clan or insult people without any measured tone or balance. Yet, if someone responds forcefully , they all became unhinged. 

What they forget is that for sake of unity and healing the wound of the civil war most Somalis try to be soft and welcoming to the Hargeisa community. Waxay u qaateen in sheekada ay dhexdooda isku maaweelinayaan in ay run tahay.

We the Awdalites do not wish to dig the graves of the civil war but will not stand idle when corrupt leaders like Hassan Sheikh tries to cover their crimes and SNM tries to use for their clan agenda.

Here is a rare video of 1984 Ethiopian air planes bombing Borama elementary school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

galbeedi   

In the first clip, Saciid Ahmed Cige of Radio Mogadishu is reporting. He is alive and well today. Maybe the should interview him as an eye witness.

galbeedi   

Hello SOL folks, especially the young guys, I have in files full of history of the nation which many clannish historians would never mention. I think you should help me establish my own Somali history channel where I could narrate the untold history.

I even have more about REER Boobe and company, but would like to keep to myself at the moment harmony reasons.

This how a defeatist argues. He is diverting Afwayne's failure to defend his town from Ethiopian forces and blaming it on SNM. :D 

Afwayne well defended most of South Somalia with latest SAM (Surface to Air Missile) installations in Hiiraan, Bakool and Shabeelle regions. That way the Ethiopians never attacked those towns. 

Instead, since 1977, all major Somaliland cities were bombarded by Ethiopian Airforce from Borama, Hargeisa and Burco. They all came under attack at different times and many civilians got killed. The only reason Berbera was spared was due to Russian military or later in 1980s the Americans. 

By the way, in 1984 the SNM was in its formation years, it was the SSDF that had better access to the Ethiopians. In fact, many times the Ethiopians asked the SNM to join with SSDF. In 1985 SSDF leadership made a deal with Afwayne to lay arms and return to Somalia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

thanks for the informative post,

It is time you should write a book, you seem to have alot of info.

Boobe fro his eyes, looks very sick, bitter, and didn't know his whole family were treasonous. 

Si xun buu u dhintaa, nin dadkiisa, dalkiisa khaayima.

54 minutes ago, Amigos said:

Subxaan Allah, divine justice right there. 

In fact, to transfer his dead body to Nairobi from Lagos, the clan members had to do 'Qaadhaan', due to the expensive Air service at the time. And after he got to Nairobi, he had to be flown to border town using a small aircraft. And then transported on truck to his final resting place. A long and undeginfied journey. He must have been glad to finally be rested, after several days of loading/unloading a dead body. 

In another sad but be-fitting death, was General Gaani who died in a hotel room in Nairobi. It took almost week and after the hotel management recieved complaints from other guest about the awful smell coming of Gaani's room. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1