Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Film Review

Vanquish U make a very valid point saxiib, i have clocked on to the this rather dibous method of progranda quite recently. But the point can also be turned on its head although this usual is the excpetion rather than the prevailing rule.

Am awaiting Faranhiet 9/11

Recently watched

Van Helsing 6/10 not all i expected to little action sceens.

Kill Bill 2 7/10 not as good as the first epic

Troy 9/10 Phaaat film.

Glad to see that Hollywood hysteria didnt take over the original mythology.

Senora   

J11

Soul Plane??!!

I'm still ashamed that i went to go and see that movie. I'm irratated with the usual "black" movies that produce nothing more than a collection of indecent wisecracks and racial stereotypes... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Day After Tomorrow

Saw it, and i really enjoyed myself. It's the mother of all disaster movies... i also appreciated the insinuated attacks made at the current administration :D:D

Going to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban...and unlike the previous Potter movies...this one is suppose to appeal more to the adult crowd smile.gif ..great for me!

I'm also going to see the Documentary Super Size Me which is suppose to be an attack on the Fast Food industry, specifically Mcdonalds.

Van Helsing<---SUCKED big time! I could say like someone else did, that it would've been better had it had more ACTION??...but that would still be a stretch redface.gifredface.gif

Paragon   

I'm irratated with the usual "black" movies that produce nothing more than a collection of indecent wisecracks and racial stereotypes...

Lol.. I guess the movie wasn't made to suit you. If these 'usual black movies' aren't what 'particular' movie go'ers require, spike lee wouldn't have bothered at all smile.gif . Stereo-types do sell alot..it is called 'racial' humour and we're Humans lol..

N.O.R.F   

afterall u r payin some1 to waste ur time

Tue, but i can never find the chinky guys with his bundle of DVD's when i need them, they are always trying to sell you the latest DVDs when yr getting your haircut but they are never around on a sunday evening when u just wanna chill with a movie.

On a serious note, i hear what your saying, i'm not really a movie go-er cos i would rather have a game of footy, but just take a look at the amount of marketing that goes into it. Step out of the house u got billboards advertising the latest movies, yr drive to work, on snack packages, on buses,trains, trams,,,,,,EVERYWHERE. Therefore, very hard to get away from hence easy temptation to cure your curiosity.

Senora   

J11

??You might want to get your sources straight..Spike Lee is known for criticizing controversial and streotypical portrayals of minorities in movies....

From what I know..he had nothing to do with the film...in fact, "Spike Lee is one of a number of entertainment figures saying that the film is among the most offensive ever in terms of showing blacks in a negative light." ..quoted by several newspapers and other reliable sources such as the Seattle Post and Buffalo News.

I guess the movie wasn't made to suit him either :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Does the movie still look good to you, now that the one person you keep shoving in the spotlight to justify this disreputable movie as comedically decent is out of the picture..? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mrembo:

Day After Tomorrow

Saw it, and i really enjoyed myself. It's the mother of all disaster movies... i also appreciated the insinuated attacks made at the current administration
:D:D
[/QB]

Glad you enjoyed it too. I dont usually go for big-budget blockbusters but this was worthy if only for the 'lil line 'We thank the Third World for their hospitality' (not an exact quote). :cool:

Miriam1   

Amazed to hear all this raves for Day After Tomowor...........ppl have been lying to me.....its not crap? um nyway saw Shrek 2 pure JOKES loved it.....even though i am not a big fan of this 3D animation

*******Dying to Watch******

The Stepford Wives

Manchurain Candidate! Denzel Washington in a sort of a Sci-Fi Movie !

White Chick, the brothers are back

.....enough for now...that is a good 50 dollars wasted!

pearl   

horror fans...damn i seen taxas chainsaw massacre ....shidy shit...walaahi...i have never seen anything as scary and of course i couldnt sleep at all...keep getting images of the man chasing me with the chainsaw…..worth it..i give it 2 thumbs up..

Paragon   

Loooooooool Mrembo... read my comment again... this time posted in BOLD.

"...If these 'usual black movies' aren't what 'particular' movie go'ers require, spike lee wouldn't have bothered at all . Stereo-types do sell alot..it is called 'racial' humour and we're Humans lol...."

How do you understand my sentence horta? Lol

For any produced movie to be a hit, it has to create a contraversy. The more promenent the critic or influencal individual's involvement of the contraversy, the more attention and publicity, the more publicity, the more weeks in the box-office. Spike Lee, if the movie wasn't interesting, wouldn't have bothered to comment about it. A 'particular' sect of the African-American community - especially the HipHop generation - requires the movie. Spike Lee always produces the opposite of this kind of movie - like 'DO THE RIGHT THING' and so forth. So he is worried....so he brands the movie some names...but the gives the movie a better stance in respect to those whom it was intended for. Its all about marketing.

...So mbrembo .. comprende?

Senora   

Originally posted by J11:

Loooooooool Mrembo... read my comment again... this time posted in BOLD.

"...If these 'usual black movies' aren't what 'particular' movie go'ers require,
spike lee wouldn't have bothered at all . Stereo-types do sell alot..it is called 'racial' humour and we're Humans lol...."

How do you understand my sentence horta? Lol

For any produced movie to be a hit, it has to create a contraversy. The more promenent the critic or influencal individual's involvement of the contraversy, the more attention and publicity, the more publicity, the more weeks in the box-office. Spike Lee, if the movie wasn't interesting, wouldn't have bothered to comment about it. A 'particular' sect of the African-American community - especially the HipHop generation - requires the movie. Spike Lee always produces the opposite of this kind of movie - like 'DO THE RIGHT THING' and so forth. So he is worried....so he brands the movie some names...but the gives the movie a better stance in respect to those whom it was intended for. Its all about marketing.

...So mbrembo .. comprende?

LOL, what an analysis?

Controversial, yes...interesting...I think not!..Anyways..it would be nothing more than asinine of us to come up with Spike lee's TRUE motives for critiquing the movie..... but i have a hunch i dont think he found it to arouse interest?? And about that last comment...how is criticizing the movie for its "coonery and buffoonery"...giving it a better stance in respect...give me a break :rolleyes:

However, there is one hilarious (Spike- Lee) movie just out .. SouL Plane ... ..so if i've misunderstood you....whats all this rubbish???No, dont answer that....we'll just leave it at where we began...you enjoyed this witless comedy whereas i didnt...go figure!?

Paragon   

^^^ Lol .. sorry if I come across as annoying... cheer up!

My sentence: Hillarious (spike lee) movie'

Meanings:

(a)- 'The Hillarious movie of 'Spike Lee''*

(b)- 'The Hillarious movie made famous by Spike Lee'

©- 'Opposites attract' So ..'the Hillarious movie that is opposite to Spike Lee's 'good' movies'

For me, my analysis was based on (b) and © and for you (a). I believe the movie has been indirectly made by Spike Lee', but not produced.

you enjoyed this witless comedy whereas i didnt...go figure!?

Yes I enjoyed it! Maybe it was made for people like me to enjoy it. Whose knows, I might be a fool myself lol. I am sorry you didn't enjoy it. Political correctness can sometimes make us straight as an arrow.