Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Film Review

OK let me settle the scores. After listening to your review I was left confused on whether or not I should see Kill Bill. Well I did. Yep I actually did and I’m not quite sure if I liked it. It was weird to say the least. Not you’re typical movie. Very different. The fight scenes were so fake but I think that’s what also made it unique. Gruesome but not like scary gruesome. Anyway over all I think I give it a 6 out of 10 the main reasoning being is that I decided I’m going to see part II, because the buggers left me hanging in mid air..."did you tell her that her daughter is still alive" I was like *jaw on the ground*

Wasalaam

BTW: Happy B'day to you ladies, wish you many years of happiness and health.

Salma   

I went for this "Monster" for Charliz Theron and Christian Ricci<--- remember the Adam family's daughter with the big eyes :eek: but I didnt like the movie at all. First, i couldnt recognize Charliz Theron at all, she is completely different in this movie, i mean she looks taller, tough and fat. I guess she got an Oscar award on that movie

Anyway,iam waiting for "Troy" for Brad Pitt, i like such kind of movies, like Gladiator,the Last Samurai. Movies with histroical and epics. I liked The Runaway Jury for Gene Hackman and John Cusak, was good.

Recently watched Troy.

Hmmmm, I really didn't want to see it, but I was dragged to it. The firt hour, i was like :eek: :eek: :eek: only people who watched it will now. I don't want to give away too much, but the story takes a while to develop and if you've never taken classic greek mythology, you might not understand half the movie. The ending was nice..and for the overly sensitive types, you might shed a tear or two.

One lesson I learned, always bring a sweater with you to the movies. Every summer, I forget how frigging the theatres could be!

Salma   

I dont shed tears in movies, will see it inshallah smile.gif

The only movie that made me shed tears was "Dirty Pretty Things" :(

The story of the movie is about the depressing world of London's illegal immigrant population. Its about a Nigerian Doctor who ran away from his country Nigeria and wanna settle in London, and a Turkish girl who wanna get the legal papers to move from London to UK and the criminals who traffic in the Human Organs (One of their victims is a somali man who sells his Kidney for English Passport). The surgery that the somali man had was so awful, actually it wasnt a surgery at all, the passport-sellers recruited some1 and paid for him to the surgery for the Somali man, they took his kideny and left his wound opened :mad: , and then when the Nigerian doctor knew about his wound and sufferings, he decides to do another surgery for him.

click on here to read the review http://www.moovees.com/review/rayj/dirty-pretty-things.html.

Em, that film has been recommended to me several times...but I still haven't seen it.

Okay...so I finally paid a visit to the cinema after two years. Yeah...u heard right, not all of us are blessed with the time to waste on movies! :rolleyes:

I will keep my review short and sweet.

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

Go and see it. Go and see it NOW!

It is magnificent. There are some expected cheesy bits in there of course, but magnificent nonetheless.

<----- Still trying to recover. :cool:

GO AND SEE IT! :mad:

PS: For those interested in the issue tackled by the film....visit www.thedayaftertomorrow.org

Salma   

Not yet released N UAE, besides i dont go for any movie. First i must like it before watching it, imagine :D

Iam sure you would say, "how come you judge a movie b4 watching it" thats exactly what my bro says to me always.

But I wait 4 a hunch then i go, weird. I know, i know

Miriam1   

Um saw Troy...too freggin holloywood...not bad if u didnt know the story..but if u did..a bit of a disappiontment * note to self never watch movies where u know the ending*

Um Sun, Day after Tomowor?..it had horrific reviews....but then again what do u critics know!

OG_Girl   

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

going to see right now, and I will and put my comments :D

Salam

Blessed   

Originally posted by Aeryn Sun:

Em
THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

It is magnificent. There are some expected cheesy bits in there of course, but magnificent nonetheless.

<----- Still trying to recover. :cool:

GO AND SEE IT! :mad:

PS
: For those interested in the issue tackled by the film....visit

You know what- I saw the Ad and I felt like I must see it... seemed to be about qiyaamah. and when i heard in the previews that the issues covered are based on true scientific facts - I want to see it even more. I know, I'll leave the theater shaking with fear .... but I think thats just what the doctor orderd...!!

Paragon   

The D-A-T has some astonishing visual effects but crap (soap opera-like) dialogues. It is good for those who love computer generated effects...

However, there is one hilarious (Spike- Lee) movie just out .. SouL Plane ... Thats for the comedy loving folks. The first 24 ours party where you are served with burgers and all the ghetto-necessities.

lol go watch it .. you will enjoy it.

Soul Plane

http://www.soulplane.com/downloads/wp_800_01.jpg

I saw the Punisher...5/10

As fpr the day after tomorrow, i'm in to those kinds movies indepenence day and the likes, just not my cuppa tea.

Wasalaam.

Imagine everytime we had the urge to go to a movie, we put away that $10 or what have u, n decided to give it to a more deserving cause. afterall u r payin some1 to waste ur time n worst yet u letting hollywood beat its drums n visuals of propanda deep within ur heart wit utmost concentration.